PDA

View Full Version : Effort To Ban Folding Knives in Hawaii

ramallamamama
06-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Thank god we have pruning shears.

source (http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2009/Bills/SB126_.HTM)

Report Title:

Dangerous Weapons; Pocket Knives; Sale

Description:

Prohibits sale of pocket knives. Defines pocket knife.

THE SENATE

S.B. NO.

TWENTY-FIFTH LEGISLATURE, 2009

STATE OF HAWAII

A BILL FOR AN ACT

RELATING TO DANGEROUS WEAPONS.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:

SECTION 1. Chapter 134, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended by adding a new section to part III to be appropriately designated and to read as follows:

"§134‑ Pocket knives; sale prohibited; penalty. Any person who knowingly manufactures, sells, transfers, possesses, or transports a pocket knife in the State shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

As used in this section:

"Pocket knife" means a knife with a blade that folds into the handle and which is suitable for carrying in the pocket."

SECTION 2. Upon the effective date of this Act, no person shall import or manufacture pocket knives into the State for the purpose of selling or distributing pocket knives.

SECTION 3. New statutory material is underscored.

SECTION 4. This Act shall take effect on January 1, 2010.

INTRODUCED BY:

TheEvilDetector
06-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Thank god we have pruning shears.

source (http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2009/Bills/SB126_.HTM)

Report Title:

Dangerous Weapons; Pocket Knives; Sale

Description:

Prohibits sale of pocket knives. Defines pocket knife.

THE SENATE

S.B. NO.

TWENTY-FIFTH LEGISLATURE, 2009

STATE OF HAWAII

A BILL FOR AN ACT

RELATING TO DANGEROUS WEAPONS.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:

SECTION 1. Chapter 134, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended by adding a new section to part III to be appropriately designated and to read as follows:

"§134‑ Pocket knives; sale prohibited; penalty. Any person who knowingly manufactures, sells, transfers, possesses, or transports a pocket knife in the State shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

As used in this section:

"Pocket knife" means a knife with a blade that folds into the handle and which is suitable for carrying in the pocket."

SECTION 2. Upon the effective date of this Act, no person shall import or manufacture pocket knives into the State for the purpose of selling or distributing pocket knives.

SECTION 3. New statutory material is underscored.

SECTION 4. This Act shall take effect on January 1, 2010.

INTRODUCED BY:

As with every other law that restricts possession of various things, it mainly affects those that are law abiding. Criminals do not obey laws by definition.

tangent4ronpaul
06-17-2009, 02:05 PM
When did HI become the new CA?

-t

Semper Vigilans
06-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Since guns cause shootings and knives cause stabbings, penises must cause rapes!

Therefore, I move that Hawaii's legislature pass a bill requiring the castration of all male residents, and any male who travels there. This will prevent rapes in the state of Hawaii.

Isn't bad logic great? :D

acptulsa
06-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Isn't bad logic great? :D

I remember 'no fault insurance' states, where they decided that cars cause accidents. Went over like your basic lead balloon.

akihabro
06-17-2009, 07:01 PM
When did HI become the new CA?

-t
We can still buy knives here, just disposable plastic ones. ;)

RSLudlum
06-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Damn, will all people that carry a gerber or leatherman have to register a carry permit for their multi-tools now? :rolleyes:

Kludge
06-17-2009, 10:57 PM
I remember 'no fault insurance' states, where they decided that cars cause accidents. Went over like your basic lead balloon.

We still have that in Michigan. $350/month for me to have one car covered. I'm only 18, though.

I wonder if Hawaii will start a Knife Enforcement Agency and raid construction sites and campgrounds?

LATruth
06-18-2009, 02:05 AM
My precious butterfly knife collection is already banned in some states. :(

balisong ftw

BillyDkid
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Look, we all know that what makes a knife dangerous is how it opens!!!:rolleyes: I can not figure out what it is - either Americans either actually hate liberty or they don't understand what it is. I think it's this - Americans only care about liberty to the extent it inconveniences them not to have it. I absolutely guarantee you that not a single knife collector voted for this measure just as no handgun collector/enthusiast ever voted for bans on handguns. It is always some people voting away other people's rights - which is fine with them until someone starts to vote away the rights they happen to care about.