PDA

View Full Version : Lets make October Minority month!

mavtek
09-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Ok grab the slim jims that don't mention Pro life, don't mention border security and emphasize a clean environment and getting out of Iraq!!

Grow a pair and get out to the African American neighborhoods and churches, head to your local Mosque and talk to the Muslims. Never been to a Hindu temple or a restaurant that reeks of curry? Get out there! Everyone has a China town or an Asian district, get out there!

Lets get them the message! And when they find out he's republican lets hope that the message still rings true!

Whoops I forgot though! Stay away from the Jews........

Not to hard to figure that one out though huh?

wgadget
09-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Great idea! My kids have lots of friends that are minorities.

ItsTime
09-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I would do this if I lived near a community like that. It is a very good idea though!

Paulitician
09-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Ron Paul is against "collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals."

:)

The focus should be spreading the message to anyone and everyone. No "group" should be emphasized.

mavtek
09-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Ron Paul is against "collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals."

:)

The focus should be spreading the message to anyone and everyone. No "group" should be emphasized.

I don't think I emphasized a singular group at all :)

Paulitician
09-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Well a minority is a group, as broad as it is. Ah, but I wasn't that serious anyway.

vanadium
09-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Ok grab the slim jims that don't mention Pro life, don't mention border security and emphasize a clean environment and getting out of Iraq!!

Grow a pair and get out to the African American neighborhoods and churches, head to your local Mosque and talk to the Muslims. Never been to a Hindu temple or a restaurant that reeks of curry? Get out there! Everyone has a China town or an Asian district, get out there!

Lets get them the message! And when they find out he's republican lets hope that the message still rings true!

How about getting the profiling police state off their backs? We have a major problem in disparate incarceration rates between hispanics and blacks versus whites in this country, and it's all because of the government on every level. Ending the "War on Drugs" is vital to ending this inequality.

How about giving them truly equal--not government-doled--opportunity in business? (Note: Even hair braiders must have licenses in some areas, and this was a big issue not long ago.)

How about allowing religions (and those, like myself, who don't believe) to be treated equally, without fear of misguided retribution, manufactured hatred, or monitoring--something which, I'm sure many of the Christians here would know, could be turned against any religion over time.

How about true civil rights? Not ones dependent on special categories of crimes based on the color of your skin or sexual orientation? If we truly want equality in this world, we have to start acting like we want it. Artificial advantage does not equate to equality; it's simple logic.

How about the message of individual empowerment?

How about the message that it isn't the party, it's the person?

There are literally dozens of reasons why minorities in this country should be supporting Paul and other candidates like him in elections. The problem is, many of those same minorities have a bad taste in their mouths from the lip service the Democrats give them through professing they can have "power through government" and make it sound like a valid avenue toward empowerment, when in the end it's anything but.

In order to remove the artificial boundaries we've created for ourselves in this country--that cause endless strife and conflict against one another--we have to give everyone reasons to do so. Of all the candidates running, the only one that will deliver on his promises is Ron Paul.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-22-2007, 10:02 PM

There is a reason that 98% of RP's supporters are White. White people tend to be very individualistic by nature. We like groupthink the least of all ethnic groups. And I'm sorry if you (not YOU, but all of you) are too PC to not be offended by this, but most of the minority groups are more engendered to reliance on the government and hence not very receptive to a man promising to wean them off of their reliance.

And what is the point in not mentioning like 80% of Dr. Paul's positions??

mavtek
09-22-2007, 10:17 PM
There is a reason that 98% of RP's supporters are White. White people tend to be very individualistic by nature. We like groupthink the least of all ethnic groups. And I'm sorry if you (not YOU, but all of you) are too PC to not be offended by this, but most of the minority groups are more engendered to reliance on the government and hence not very receptive to a man promising to wean them off of their reliance.

WHOAH WHOAH there NELLY!!

Can you say GENERALIZATION, that's not what Dr. Paul would speak of!

The idea is to get them interested in the man, by reaching them with ideas they immediately care about. I know several Indian people and they are anything but reliant on government programs! You make a stupid assumption that we're trying to mislead people, that's not the case. We want people to stand up and notice who Dr. Paul is, get out and research the man, research the topics!

If we get out and educate everyone, we empower all, and we get rid of the groups and the generalizations.

vanadium
09-22-2007, 10:20 PM

I'm not going to respond much to the generalizations you've made of minorities, because I think they're quite wrong. Many, many minorities and immigrants are very individualistic and are for opportunity and freedom. Let's not forget this.

Onto the next, I'm afraid when it comes to many of the caucasian Democrats in the younger generation, you're wrong. It isn't individualism that fuels them; it's a distorted vision of what equality actually means, and an ideal that the same government they criticize on a daily basis is the same one that can be trusted to save their lives through universal healthcare, and take care of them in later years with Social Security. And it's dangerous. Many don't consider the implications. At their heart, they want to ensure everyone's taken care of, but they just go about it the wrong way by instead thinking the government will solve everything.

The same can be said of caucasian conservatives of a variety of stripes, only in different areas such as ascribing to other candidates' ideas for handling terrorism (or even Bush's) and national security. But, obviously, not all. (Otherwise we wouldn't be having any success at all in this candidacy, would we?)

This isn't to say there aren't a good many that don't follow this rule, of course, but there are many more that ascribe to the idea of "power through centralized government". I say this as someone who's been many, many caucasian liberals (and conservatives) in the last decade, and I don't say it lightly. Thankfully, many have come on board with Ron Paul as well and it's fascinating to watch it all unfold. For there to be a "third choice" with so much exposure is making a difference and shocking a lot of people on both sides.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-22-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm not going to respond much to the generalizations you've made of minorities, because I think they're quite wrong. Many, many minorities and immigrants are very individualistic and are for opportunity and freedom. Let's not forget this.

Onto the next, I'm afraid when it comes to many of the caucasian Democrats in the younger generation, you're wrong. It isn't individualism that fuels them; it's a distorted vision of what equality actually means, and an ideal that the same government they criticize on a daily basis is the same one that can be trusted to save their lives through universal healthcare, and take care of them in later years with Social Security. And it's dangerous. Many don't consider the implications. At their heart, they want to ensure everyone's taken care of, but they just go about it the wrong way by instead thinking the government will solve everything.

The same can be said of caucasian conservatives of a variety of stripes, only in different areas such as ascribing to other candidates' ideas for handling terrorism (or even Bush's) and national security. But, obviously, not all. (Otherwise we wouldn't be having any success at all in this candidacy, would we?)

This isn't to say there aren't a good many that don't follow this rule, of course, but there are many more that ascribe to the idea of "power through centralized government". I say this as someone who's been many, many caucasian liberals in the last decade, and I don't say it lightly. Thankfully, many have come on board with Ron Paul as well and it's fascinating to watch it all unfold. For there to be a "third choice" with so much exposure is making a difference and shocking a lot of people on both sides.

I'm sorry you are so offended. Maybe you should go work for the MSM and push their politically correct agendas. It might not always be fair to the few people who don't fit the stereotype, but generalizations and stereotypes all exist for a reason. They are based on truth. Look at statistics for ethnic groups, whether it is illegitimacy, crime rates, education levels, voting trends, or just about anything else, and you will find that GROUPS do follow TRENDS. I'm a White male, I don't fit into all of the White male stereotypes, but I accept that people think of me as a White male. That is LIFE. I have plenty of "minority" acquaintances and friends, so I am speaking from experience here. Most of my minority friends would tell you exactly what I am saying. They think more as a group than White people.

Perfect examples exist. Blacks have an overt black channel, BET. Whites have no equivalent. Hispanics openly call for a "Reconquista" of the southwest U.S. through groups like "la raza" and "Aztlan." Do you see any White groups who aren't utterly denounced that are calling for White exclusivity?

We ARE HUMANS. As such, we think COLLECTIVELY, whether we like it or not. I think it is very apparent that Whites are the most individualistic and free-thinking of any group. This, however does not mean that one individual of another ethnic group cannot be more individualistic than and individual White person.

vanadium
09-22-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry you are so offended. Maybe you should go work for the MSM and push their politically correct agendas.

I've known plenty of minorities that don't fit the stereotype, and that's that. It's my experience as an urban thirty-something. Your mileage may vary. An analogy stemming from your example would be that not every black person watches BET, and not every latino watches Telemundo. I've known plenty that don't ascribe to what you say, and even apologize for and denounce the leaders of the groups that encourage such actions. I agree that a degree of collectivism has lead us to this point, but it shouldn't stop us from convincing others that collectivism as a whole is patently wrong in the first place.

I think this is the point where we agree to disagree and continue supporting the same candidate, your personal attacks aside.

james1844
09-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I support this effort. We can't win the election without a broad based coalition encompassing multiple races and genders.

katao
09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I completely support the effort as well. Even those with collectivist tendencies are good intentioned - they are just misled. It's not that hard to help them (individually) see that the answer to their legitimate concerns is not more government, but less. And other parts of RPs message (which vanadium outlines perfectly in his post) will really ring true to minorities.

Come on everyone, embrace the big tent! It is our friend.

mavtek
09-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Lets do it then! I'll try to convince my wife tomorrow to attend a Catholic church where 95% of the attendees are Indian!

hard@work
09-22-2007, 11:35 PM
What would help would be some minority group targeted fliers. That would go a long way in helping people promote to other groups.

Nefertiti
09-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Mavtek-The problem with your approach is you basically have lumped together anyone who isn't white as if they all have something in common. In fact, there is probably even less in common between an African American and say an Indian immigrant than between whites and those two groups. I mean, to suggest you don't mention the border fence to anyone but whites is suggesting that all non-whites fear the border fence. In fact, except for some illegals, you will probably find more support for the border fence from some of these groups than less, because it is those illegals coming over the border that they have to compete with for jobs. Unless you have a more nuanced understanding of what people actually want and believe,your strategy is going to backfire.

LibertyOfOne
09-23-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm sorry you are so offended. Maybe you should go work for the MSM and push their politically correct agendas. It might not always be fair to the few people who don't fit the stereotype, but generalizations and stereotypes all exist for a reason. They are based on truth.

They are flaws in human reasoning. If they were the truth than the assumptions would fit every individual of said group, but they don't. You can't claim something as truth when it fails the test.

trispear
09-23-2007, 05:41 AM

I think the majority of whites are part of the flock as well and that truely independent individuals are the exception and not the rule.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-23-2007, 07:08 AM
I think the majority of whites are part of the flock as well and that truely independent individuals are the exception and not the rule.

Agreed. Who is the REMNANT? Vast, vast majority White people. It could be due to the Jesse Jackson charlatan types, I don't know, but the other ethnic groups just don't seem to have as high a percentage of independent thinkers. And even if they did, the current system, which is propped up by the MSM and NWO, gives all kinds of benefits to people who "play by the rules" and support their big-government programs which heavily favor minorities. And the term "minority" is deceitful in itself, since it suggests that all White people think, vote, and work together as one group. White people are much more divided into groups (hence my earlier argument that they are more individualistic and independent thinkers).

What percentage of blacks would you say think with the typical black mentality of, "I will vote Democrat, because Democrats support black people?" I don't know, but my guess would be upwards of 80%. And this is coming from a guy who has had multiple black roommates and coworkers - I'm no isolated rich White boy.

On to hispanics (a misleading government term, "mestizo" is the more accurate term). Remember the upside down U.S. flag with a Mexican flag over it during all of the "illegal immigrant rights" marches last year? I would safely bet that upwards of 70% of mestizos think in that mentality; the mentality that asserts that they are all one group and they should work diligently together to "make America brown again."

Now, many have pointed out that White people think in groups too. I agree. Just less so than the other groups, which leaves more independent thinkers left for us to target. If 25% of White people think in the "I'm a Bush neocon because that is what 'the party' tells me to think," and another 25% has the same collectivist "I'm a liberal because the Democrats have it right" mentality, then there are many more people amongst the White population who are left to possibly be independent thinkers and support our campaign.

It is YOUR time and YOUR energy, obviously, spend it how you see fit. I just don't see a point in targeting groups that are much less likely to have large numbers of people who are receptive to our message. Good luck, I hope you have success.

mavtek
09-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Mavtek-The problem with your approach is you basically have lumped together anyone who isn't white as if they all have something in common. In fact, there is probably even less in common between an African American and say an Indian immigrant than between whites and those two groups. I mean, to suggest you don't mention the border fence to anyone but whites is suggesting that all non-whites fear the border fence. In fact, except for some illegals, you will probably find more support for the border fence from some of these groups than less, because it is those illegals coming over the border that they have to compete with for jobs. Unless you have a more nuanced understanding of what people actually want and believe,your strategy is going to backfire.

Oh yes, my Indian friends are very much for strengthening the border, but the general even legal hispanic population isn't.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Oh yes, my Indian friends are very much for strengthening the border, but the general even legal hispanic population isn't.

Exactly my point. Why target a group that is largely against our goals in the RP campaign based on their collectivist mentality that says they should work solely for the interest of their race?

We should try to spread our message in our daily lives to whomever is likely to be receptive. If you have Indian friends, mestizo friends, black friends, whatever, give it a shot, I just think it is largely a wasted effort to "target" groups which tend to think oppositely from us. Just like I wouldn't go to a bunch of hardened neocons and pass out my precious bumper stickers and Ron Paul Copper Dollars - it would be a waste of time and resources.

The THINKING people, REGARDLESS OF WHAT GROUP THEY FALL INTO, will come to us in the long run. We are trying to reach the REMNANT, who will carry and spread the RP message, until we can't be ignored, reach critical mass, and ultimately succeed in our revolution.

bygone
09-23-2007, 07:42 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/chantalemo/2af480fe50128bd2ec33bde5de69cacd.gif

mdh
09-23-2007, 07:54 AM

Not true; most of the legal hispanic population do not support illegal immigration. This is true at the very least of non-Mexicans, I don't know as much about the legal Mexican immigrant folks.

Ozwest
09-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Are the attitudes expressed in this thread a reflection of perpetuated social engineering. Past injustices should not be ignored but who gains from this diviseivness?

Corydoras
09-23-2007, 08:21 AM
who gains from this diviseivness?

The Powers That Be.

Ozwest
09-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Lateral thinking...

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-23-2007, 09:11 AM
This is just a bad idea to target people just to look like you are inclusive, because that seems to be the reason why this thread was started. If you are trying to reach the most number of people who will come out and do what we are doing, spreading the message of individual liberty, stick with what works. Signs, meetings at gun shows, liberty festivals, fairs, and folk gatherings all seem to be the most effective.

Going to a rap concert or an "immigrant rights" rally won't bear you much fruit. You are better off at the aforementioned places or on college campuses, because that is where your independently-thinking "minorities" are most likely to be anyway.

Corydoras
09-23-2007, 09:19 AM
I have found that immigrants who own small businesses can be very receptive to the idea of a Republican who is against the war. They had the initiative to get up and leave their old country and extended families for better opportunities here, so they understand individualism. They know the Republicans used to be pro-business. They often have seen the disasters that socialism, totalitarianism, and the loss of civil liberties have caused. They're ripe for the Ron Paul message.

Ozwest
09-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Recent immigrants comming from Totalitarian regimes may be the Canary in the mine. Apathy from within is the concern.