PDA

View Full Version : No more "Supporters" lets start calling them VOTERS!!!

ItsTime
09-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Lets change the way the media and people start thinking about people who "support" Ron Paul. WE NEED TO START CALLING THEM VOTERS!!!

mdh
09-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Lets change the way the media and people start thinking about people who "support" Ron Paul. WE NEED TO START CALLING THEM VOTERS!!!

A supporter and a voter are really two different things, though. An activist is a third thing. Generally voters are people who do just that - vote. Supporters on the other hand attend events, will likely talk to their friends, family, etc about Dr. Paul, listen to him speak, etc. Activists are people who are willing to go out and engage the general public for the candidate.

wgadget
09-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow. I'm all three...

And proud of it.

ItsTime
09-22-2007, 08:40 PM
A supporter and a voter are really two different things, though. An activist is a third thing. Generally voters are people who do just that - vote. Supporters on the other hand attend events, will likely talk to their friends, family, etc about Dr. Paul, listen to him speak, etc. Activists are people who are willing to go out and engage the general public for the candidate.

That is my point. I think it is being missed that people who support Ron Paul will vote for him. We need to change that thinking.

"There were 100s of Ron Paul supporters at X event today"

That registers the same as "There were 100s of anti-war supports today..."

People think Ron Paul can not win because he wont get the VOTES not support. We need to change that thinking.

michaelwise
09-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Did you see the Michigan campus video today? How many voters do you think were on that one campus alone?

McDermit
09-22-2007, 10:02 PM
As long as we're not being called "Ron Paul fans," I'm fine with it. Supporters is an accurate description.

PrimarilyPaul
09-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Let's get them registered as Republicans in closed primary states and call them "registered Republicans."

cac1963
09-23-2007, 01:39 AM
I like the idea of calling them voters. It has the potential to encourage other voters to become more "active" in the process. When they read "hundreds of Ron Paul voters surrounded the candidate as he entered the building...." they relate so much better to the "voter" label that they happen to share. It also helps to draw a nice contrast to the obvious lack of voters at the other candidates' events.