PDA

View Full Version : My Goodness, Sodahead is Depressing Lately!

BuddyRey
06-16-2009, 10:06 PM
The social-networking site SodaHead is one of my more frequent hangouts on the web, but the so-called political "discourse" there mainly consists of proudly sheeplike Obamabot and evangelical neocon circle-jerks, with very few independent thinkers thrown into the mix. Poll questions like these typify the standard user experience on the site these days and really get me down, not only because these mind-numbed Obama-worshipers used to be some of my dearest and closest allies in the war against Bush's neocon-theocon fascism, but because they seem to be completely immune to their own cognitive dissonance over labeling conservatives "traitors to the country" when this was the favorite tactic of their own opponents in Washington no more than a year ago.

http://www.sodahead.com/question/436707/are-the-obama-haters-justified-in-spouting-their-hatred-or-are-they-still-just-whining-about-having-voted-for-the-loser/?page=1&postId=15550761#post_15550761

As you may have guessed, I am "The Bantam Seditioner" and I'm trying to bring a little truth to these people (enrobed in the buzz-phrases and talking points of their own movement for greater effect), but it never seems to work. It used to be that I could get along great with liberals and even bring them into the libertarian philosophy a bit by pointing out how easily a big government can be abused and subverted by their enemies, but now liberals won't give me the time of day and it's predominantly conservatives I'm working on with the best of outcomes. I could really use a little help here...not just on this poll, but everywhere that the issues are oversimplified into the same old left-vs.-right pablum.

Indy Vidual
06-16-2009, 11:24 PM
I hope you find people to help.

LittleLightShining
06-17-2009, 12:35 AM
The social-networking site SodaHead is one of my more frequent hangouts on the web, but the so-called political "discourse" there mainly consists of proudly sheeplike Obamabot and evangelical neocon circle-jerks, with very few independent thinkers thrown into the mix. Poll questions like these typify the standard user experience on the site these days and really get me down, not only because these mind-numbed Obama-worshipers used to be some of my dearest and closest allies in the war against Bush's neocon-theocon fascism, but because they seem to be completely immune to their own cognitive dissonance over labeling conservatives "traitors to the country" when this was the favorite tactic of their own opponents in Washington no more than a year ago.

http://www.sodahead.com/question/436707/are-the-obama-haters-justified-in-spouting-their-hatred-or-are-they-still-just-whining-about-having-voted-for-the-loser/?page=1&postId=15550761#post_15550761

As you may have guessed, I am "The Bantam Seditioner" and I'm trying to bring a little truth to these people (enrobed in the buzz-phrases and talking points of their own movement for greater effect), but it never seems to work. It used to be that I could get along great with liberals and even bring them into the libertarian philosophy a bit by pointing out how easily a big government can be abused and subverted by their enemies, but now liberals won't give me the time of day and it's predominantly conservatives I'm working on with the best of outcomes. I could really use a little help here...not just on this poll, but everywhere that the issues are oversimplified into the same old left-vs.-right pablum.I'm finding the same thing is happening with me, too. And I have learned that not only do these people disagree, they are downright nasty when they do. The media doesn't help. For however much I like Rachel Maddow, people like her and Olberman are snarky and sarcastic (to say the least) and embolden the liberal progressive left by making meanness cool.

I just went over there and that poll is so skewed... and the comments. Yikes.

moostraks
06-17-2009, 07:29 AM
wth...what's up with the choices? THat is a scary crowd of folks over there. THe more I follow links to sites like this the more disillusioned I become towards head way ever being made towards redeeming our liberties in this nation.