PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO and rundown from Chicago rally 9/22/2007

walt
09-22-2007, 08:08 PM
First of all, I need to share that my real name isn't walt - I have a message into Josh to see about fixing that now that I've met Dr. Paul for the first time and got to look into his eyes and now my soul knows that this is no longer a mirage - but the start of a real war to take back our country only that many of the enemies are within our own borders. When I started following this in April, I never dreamed that it would get this big or that I'd actually now be on a petition to become a delegate to nominate Dr. Paul next year. The dream now has reality coming into focus!

Again cujo's pic thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=19597) - she must have been near me several times.

Over a thousand people. Make that 1,000 noisy people!

At the Chicago rally Kent or maybe it was Lew I can't remember told a story about Rudy taking the ferry to the island yesterday. He happened to get on a ferry that was full of Ron Paul supporters and they starting chanting Ron's name. Reportedly Rudy had to seek refuge in the captain's quarters. I'm sure one of them had a video camera, I can't wait to see that.

First a word on that Baltimore Sun / Chicago Tribune title that doesn't match the story. http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/09/ron_paul_highways_claim_more_t.html Editors of the paper, not the writers ALMOST ALWAYS pick the titles of stories - if you see an article that has a neutral or positve story with a disturbing title - ask the reporter if the editor picked it - even if they didn't it gives them an out.

Saw Fox local, WLS 7, CBS and other TV folks there. Saw at least 6 reporters taking notes. One of those reporters I saw several times over the 4 hours was from the Boston Globe (NH state neighbor) and she told me was working on a feature piece. She took TONS of notes. During the rally I saw her actually smile a few time at things Dr. Paul said! Then the only 9/11 truther in the whole crowd walked by handing out 9-11 dollar bills. I could feel my skin cringe when the guy stopped, looked at her and made a motion to hand her one. Much to my shock she reached out and grabbed it - stared at it for a few seconds, then smiled and said something to the guy. He smilled really big then continued onward handing out his crazy stuff. I then saw her carefully place the 9-11 dollar bill in a place for it to lie flat. So either she's writing an awesome article and has a good sense of humor or that item will be scanned and be on the front of the Boston Globe - time will tell....

After the rally I got to talk to Dr. Paul about how I've never achieved the standard of living I once had since losing my job as a result of 9/11 and told him about how the EEOC is destroying my life as companies don't hire the most qualified person, they use hiring quotas. I told him companies have told me that if I were a different race that I could easily get an interview - I urged him to more frequently talk about the plight of the millions of underemployed and how the EEOC needs to go along with the IRS etc. I have a top 10 MBA and great 9/11 experience yet the types of companies I seek to work for never ever call me they send me automated keyword driven rejections. So for now I continue to do projects.

Anyway for what you came here for now. The situation wasn't anywhere near optimal for making a top notch recording to my standards (I record alot of bootleg concerts). I normally like to hug a speaker stack (to drown out crowd noise) - the speakers were unfortunately scattered in the ceiling so you will eventually hear alot of crowd noise peaks and valleys. But you really will feel like you were there.

Please enjoy the 1:10 standing ovation at the start of this 45 minutes now and please ask any questions you have about the event. Enjoy your Rongasm!
http://www.mediafire.com/?dknox1tz0x2

Afterwards, I was walking home with Ron Paul signs in tow and at least 6 people yelled, talked to me or just gave me the thumbs up after taking the train to a location 3 miles away. :D

P.S. The campaign is looking for people in the IL 2nd district to be delegates - I can get you in touch with the right people. Here's a map of that district. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Illinois%27_2nd_congressional_district.png)

kern802
09-22-2007, 09:37 PM
I've got my new Sennheiser headphones on, listening to your audio, and you're right, it's just like I'm there. Great recording, thanks!

cujothekitten
09-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Again cujo's pic thread - she must have been near me several times.

Where were you and what were you wearing? I probably have a pic of you somewhere... I took over 200.

axiomata
09-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Wish you guys wouldn't have cheered so loud, I keep having to adjust the volume between Paul speaking and Paul getting cheered for. ;)

And I wish I could have been there.

Nefertiti
09-23-2007, 03:05 AM
1st district needs delegates too. That's Bobby Rush's district. 2nd district is Jesse Jackson Jr.

walt
09-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Wish you guys wouldn't have cheered so loud, I keep having to adjust the volume between Paul speaking and Paul getting cheered for. ;)

And I wish I could have been there.

You have no idea! My ears feel the way they do after a super loud rock concert this morning. :D

cujo, I sent you a note...

As I expected a full Chicago media blackout for the most part. To give this context this is a one party (Democratic) town. The clueless sheep factor here is off the charts. People don't understand how destructive this is to the regions economy and utilization of resources to have the power in a monarchy...ugh

here's a gem of a slip up by the frist Mayor Daley in 1968 Democartic riot time.... http://www.mediafire.com/?5ikcfymxnxn

Let's have a little blowback to those who did not seriously cover the Chicago event yesterday.

Newpaper Targets (in circulation order):
Chicago Tribune (312) 222-3232
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-email-newstips,0,5633809.customform

Chicago Sun-Times 312-321-3000
http://www.suntimes.com/aboutus/contactst.static

TV targets 2,5,7,9,26,32:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_stations_in_Illinois

Nefertiti
09-23-2007, 07:30 AM
The Tribune did cover it, in their Swamp blog.

Cowlesy
09-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Ah geez....

....9/11 Truthers pushing their own agenda at a Ron Paul event, and to Press reporters...

SWEET.

walt
09-23-2007, 07:39 AM
The Tribune did cover it, in their Swamp blog.

They gave it a few lines - the same coverage for people not even in town. Compared to the Utah piece last week = total joke. Besides I think the swamp blog content is only online.

angelatc
09-23-2007, 07:41 AM
I'd give The big papers until tomorrow. The Sunday paper is usually just fluff.

I wonder if "The Daily Herald" interviewed Congressman Paul. I emailed their political reporter as soon as I found out that Dr. Paul was going to make an appearance, because he has a series of politician interviews.

I set myself up by developing a relationship with him months ago. I thanked him for a Romney interview, told him my mind wasn't made up, etc etc. I also told him that I hoped they'd archive those articles in a special place for easy access for elections.

He told me that he interviews all of them when they visit Chicago if they will meet with him.

They've printed several "Ron Paul" letters in their paper, so there's no real reason to think they'd dish him intentionally.

walt
09-23-2007, 07:47 AM
I left the Daily Herald off that list as it's a suburban paper and this event was downtown. The Tribune and Sun-Times - there is no excuse except their gross incompetence (I won't bore people with dozens of other non-Ron Paul examples but they are real).

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-23-2007, 08:18 AM
The above-referenced Swamp said
Paul said today to more than 1,000 supporters who attended a rally at a downtown Chicago hotel ballroom They didn't say hundreds. In my experience, the paper only reports one third to one half actual attendance for Ron Paul; double attendance for media candidates. So either there were 3,000 people in attendance, or they are slowly warming to RP (not so much that they report double numbers yet, as they do for Rudy).

The formula doesn't lie.

angelatc
09-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I left the Daily Herald off that list as it's a suburban paper and this event was downtown.

Yes, but they have covered the other candidates who have visited downtown.

And the papers wonder why their circulation is dwindling....

Half the material in the paper these days is articles that I already read online. And it's not really original reporting. It is just AP giving us government approved sound bites.

Another 25% is sports and "local teen wins contest" stuff.

I think we can take solace in knowing that they probably won't even exist in 10 years.

angelatc
09-23-2007, 08:33 AM
The above-referenced Swamp said They didn't say hundreds. In my experience, the paper only reports one third to one half actual attendance for Ron Paul; double attendance for media candidates. So either there were 3,000 people in attendance, or they are slowly warming to RP (not so much that they report double numbers yet, as they do for Rudy).

The formula doesn't lie.

More than 1.000 is about right. My husband counted counted chairs and multiplied rows. The chairs didn't all fill because lots of people preferred to stand along the side. That was partly because the center aisle had a big platform with video cameras and camera operators on it, so the seats toward the middle of the room had an obstructed view.