PDA

View Full Version : Pics from my trip in India. Contrasting rich and poor

damania
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Check out the pics from my trip to India in 2006. I contrast the rich and the poor.

Comments welcome!

http://www.askbutwhy.com/2009/06/hyderabad-india-some-pics-from-my-trip.html

damania
06-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Interesting or no? What really caught me offguard was the zoom catching the buffalos. You can't see these details in the panorama shot of the lake!

BenIsForRon
06-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Very interesting. Look how successful other countries are when they emulate America!

Natalie
06-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Cool pics :cool:

jkm1864
06-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Looks like We will be there before long....

LibertyEagle
06-15-2009, 11:47 PM
It's interesting. Thanks for posting damania.

damania
06-16-2009, 12:03 AM
What! That is insane, you captured it pretty well though. I wouldn't never ever pay 1 million dollars for that though, maybe if it was on the beach on the nice side of India. But wow I knew there were slums in India, but right under that beautiful architecture.

Thanks for sharing.

Those are doctors, lawyers, and big shot businessmen living in those bungalows. Families and relatives live in there. After all there's 3 floors in the building!

Everything looks like a teardown doesn't it? Look at all the money that was spent on a bungalows. Then look all around at the roads and infrastructure. LOL. The money doesn't get past the government contractors and politicians!

Actually, I was staying in the nicer and 'rich' part of Hyderabad. Rents are like $250/month which is a lot of money for India! Especially considering my 3 month IT course was $100.

I will be posting more Hyderabad pics in a few days.

Bryan
06-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Nice pics. I was in Bangalore for three weeks in 2006- saw some cases of some modern steel and glass buildings on one side of the street and people living in tents just off the curb on the other. There is a huge divide.

maqsur
06-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Actually, I was staying in the nicer and 'rich' part of Hyderabad. Rents are like $250/month which is a lot of money for India! Especially considering my 3 month IT course was $100.

Interesting pics, thanks for sharing. Your info on cost reminds me of how (relatively) cheap it is for someone from here to live in India. I had lived in the caribbean for a couple years for training, and rented a place from an Indian guy who was a psychiatrist in the island. He said you could really live like a king in India with like 10,000 dollars a year or some such figure.

I know that a lot of people fly to India for surgeries and procedures because it is much less expensive, and their doctors are skilled. Just goes to show how ridiculously expensive it is to live here in the U.S.

damania
06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Interesting pics, thanks for sharing. Your info on cost reminds me of how (relatively) cheap it is for someone from here to live in India. I had lived in the caribbean for a couple years for training, and rented a place from an Indian guy who was a psychiatrist in the island. He said you could really live like a king in India with like 10,000 dollars a year or some such figure.

I know that a lot of people fly to India for surgeries and procedures because it is much less expensive, and their doctors are skilled. Just goes to show how ridiculously expensive it is to live here in the U.S.

If you went to a all cash health care system for anything under $5000 you would rapidly see declining health care costs as doctors compete for your cash. Right now, the insurance companies keep the health care industry fat. $5000 for a trip in an ambulance when the driver gets paid $12/hr?

For the majority of Indians, it's still an all cash system, although now, you have it workers getting access to work provided health care plans. The doctor saw me for $10 in India and the lab tests cost me $5 without any health insurance.

speciallyblend
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM

our health care system is so broken and my wife is 100% proof of that, i do not agree on ron paul on health care or obama's ,but if the gov can make it cheaper or straighten out the insurance companies. the fact is we have insurance and we are still getting screwed by health care. both sides are dead wrong and there are no easy answers. i can tell you one thing. the republicans running against health care reform will be a losing battle.

let the chips fall where they may. i am tired of hearing about uninsured folks complaining about health care. how about insured folks who get screwed by insurance companies and the health care system. as far as i am concerned both sides of the debate on health care are full of BS! and no one will change my mind on this after the last 2-3 yrs of what my wife has been thru. insured or not insured the health care system screws you.

the problem with the US health care is it is not about helping the patient. it is about money hungry greedy doctors and insurance companies raping american citizens!

no ones arguments will fly muster in my house. until you lived the doctors and insurance bs that we have lived thru and continue to live thru.

the health care issue is not cut and dry. citizens jump thru hoops while insurance companies and doctors screw us all!!

Brian4Liberty
06-16-2009, 07:36 PM
the problem with the US health care is it is not about helping the patient. it is about money hungry greedy doctors and insurance companies raping american citizens!

Don't forget the lawyers and liability insurance...

Brian4Liberty
06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
If you went to a all cash health care system for anything under $5000 you would rapidly see declining health care costs as doctors compete for your cash.

Exactly! The real solution. Although you may have to add some legal (tort) reform to the equation to fix the mess here. And eliminate some of the government barriers to doctors actually opening shop.

maqsur
06-16-2009, 08:20 PM
our health care system is so broken and my wife is 100% proof of that, i do not agree on ron paul on health care or obama's ,but if the gov can make it cheaper or straighten out the insurance companies. the fact is we have insurance and we are still getting screwed by health care. both sides are dead wrong and there are no easy answers. i can tell you one thing. the republicans running against health care reform will be a losing battle.

let the chips fall where they may. i am tired of hearing about uninsured folks complaining about health care. how about insured folks who get screwed by insurance companies and the health care system. as far as i am concerned both sides of the debate on health care are full of BS! and no one will change my mind on this after the last 2-3 yrs of what my wife has been thru. insured or not insured the health care system screws you.

no ones arguments will fly muster in my house. until you lived the doctors and insurance bs that we have lived thru and continue to live thru.

the health care issue is not cut and dry. citizens jump thru hoops while insurance companies and doctors screw us all!!

Not all doctors are trying to screw everyone. I think most doctors are trying to play in a system that is rigged against the individual in favor of the govt/corporations.

speciallyblend
06-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Don't forget the lawyers and liability insurance...

yep i missed them;) ooo the liability insurance etc and the paid lobbyist made sure we were screwed and the accident wasn't our fault. i have nothing nice to say about the lot of them!

speciallyblend
06-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Not all doctors are trying to screw everyone. I think most doctors are trying to play in a system that is rigged against the individual in favor of the govt/corporations.

do not get me wrong . i know this , after 1 and 1/2 yrs we finally found a doctor to help us and help my wife but that doesn't excuse all the scum bastard lawyers/doctors and insurance people who screwed over my wife the last 2 yrs.

and we are still getting screwed already 1 month late on our 12 month disability check for my wife. that we paid for in our insurance! there is nothing protecting the citizen from delays from insurance companies. long story but if there is such a thing as an angry american over health care. then me and my wife are above the level of angry:mad:

John of Des Moines
06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Here's a video on how not to ride electric trains in India: http://vinothkumarm.blogspot.com/2009/05/electric-train-high-voltage-wire-is.html

(Scroll down to the video player.)

moostraks
06-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Shouldn't be too long before we look like that here...