PDA

View Full Version : The difference between Iranians and Americans is...

Old Ducker
06-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Iranians have the balls to take to the streets against a corrupt, tyrannical regime. Americans don't.

I have to admit being amused by one rebel, who hoisted a handmade sign for the camera that said, "Down with England" :D

Some english language blogs originating in Iran are still viewable, for those who seek to encourage our Persian allies in liberty and can be found at www.iranianblogs.com I'm sure they'd welcome the support from libertarians.

torchbearer
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
TV/American Idol keeps people occupied.
People don't know their neighbors- they don't know what is going on. They drink their flouride/lithium laced water and as long as they have their TV, a little food money and a little beer money- they don't seem to care that they are slaves.

Liberty_Tree
06-15-2009, 11:56 PM
TV and beer keeps Americans pretty occupied.

brandon
06-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Iranians have the balls to take to the streets against a corrupt, tyrannical regime. Americans don't.

I have to admit being amused by one rebel, who hoisted a handmade sign for the camera that said, "Down with England" :D

Some english language blogs originating in Iran are still viewable, for those who seek to encourage our Persian allies in liberty and can be found at www.iranianblogs.com I'm sure they'd welcome the support from libertarians.

The Iranian protests are nothing compared to the American anti-war protests a few years back. I know, I was there. Were you?

dannno
06-16-2009, 05:10 PM
The Iranian protests are nothing compared to the American anti-war protests a few years back. I know, I was there. Were you?

Good point.

I love how new people come to the forum every time there is a major world event and argue the CIA position.

Old Ducker and Pod, I'll be watching you.

cradle2graveconservative
06-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Edit

torchbearer
06-16-2009, 05:37 PM
There's nothing wrong with that. If people want to do nothing more than work enough for food, beer, and a TV, more power to them. The problem is when people who strive for something more aren't allowed to achieve it. If you want to be a slave, it's your body and ergo, your right to do so.

BUt it is not your right to enslave others.
When you vote for slavery to be forced on everyone- you are an aggressor.

cradle2graveconservative
06-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Edit