PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul’s “Audit the Fed” Bill to be Debated in the House--AllGov

bobbyw24
06-15-2009, 07:49 AM
http://www.allgov.com/ViewNews/Ron_Pauls_Audit_the_Fed_Bill_to_be_Debated_in_the_ House_90615

Ron Paul’s “Audit the Fed” Bill to be Debated in the House
Monday, June 15, 2009
Ron Paul

A plan to open up the Federal Reserve to congressional audits received enough support in the House of Representatives this week to guarantee that it will receive a full hearing by lawmakers. Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) has been the driving force behind H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, which would give the Government Accountability Office (GAO) authority to examine the Fed’s books and report to Congress on the performance of the national bank. The bill now has 222 co-sponsors, most of whom are Republicans, but 52 of whom are Democrats, and it was a Democrat, Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich, who provided the 218th co-sponsorship for H.R. 1207 that allowed it to move out of committee and be debated on the House floor.

Supporters of Paul’s bill are hoping it does not get watered down like a similar measure introduced in the Senate. That plan (S. 896) would have given Congress greater oversight of the Federal Reserve. A small but powerful amendment, however, has reduced the scope of GAO audits on Fed records in the current version of S. 896.
-Noel Brinkerhoff

US House to Debate Ron Paul’s ‘Audit the Fed’ Bill (by Stephen Webster, Raw Story)
H.R. 1207: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)
Handwritten Notes Show Fed Oversight Bill Neutered On Senate Floor (by Ryan Grim, Huffington Post)

Matt Collins
06-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah... now we can get some of these clowns on record as being against transparency and open government. That'll make it much easier to get the bums thrown out as being able to use their voting record against them will make for great ammo.

RideTheDirt
06-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah... now we can get some of these clowns on record as being against transparency and open government. That'll make it much easier to get the bums thrown out as being able to use their voting record against them will make for great ammo.
This is one of the best parts of 1207, shining some light into the shadows:cool:

KramerDSP
06-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Does anyone else get the sense that if H.R. 1027 passes somehow and there is an Audit of the Fed that when the "results"are released in 2010, RP will immediately thereafter announce a 2012 run ? It just seems like the timing works.

ladyjade3
06-15-2009, 01:53 PM
It is still in committee. We might get hearings on Fed Independence/Transparency this month.

Matt Collins
06-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Does anyone else get the sense that if H.R. 1027 passes somehow and there is an Audit of the Fed that when the "results"are released in 2010, RP will immediately thereafter announce a 2012 run ? It just seems like the timing works.Ron is NOT running for President in 2012.

Feenix566
06-15-2009, 02:01 PM
When will it be debated on the floor? Does anyone have a date and time? Or if one has not been assigned yet, when will it be assigned?

Feelgood
06-15-2009, 11:49 PM
This is one of the best parts of 1207, shining some light into the shadows:cool:

"We'd all like to see more subshine..." :D

Ron is NOT running for President in 2012.

Thank you! Glad to see someone else actually gets it! :)

Indy Vidual
06-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Does anyone else get the sense that if H.R. 1027 passes somehow and there is an Audit of the Fed that when the "results"are released in 2010, RP will immediately thereafter announce a 2012 run ? It just seems like the timing works.

No, IMO, Ron still needs to come clean about the vile racist newsletters, and why he didn't know about the content.

raiha
06-16-2009, 02:05 AM
No, IMO, Ron still needs to come clean about the vile racist newsletters, and why he didn't know about the content.
You make it sound like he was concealing something. If he DID know about any vile racist content, no doubt he treated it intelligently, by ignoring it. Ignoring a thing is the most skilful way of visiting your contempt on a thing. I suggest you follow his example.

Man who gives undivided attention to storms in teacups, ends up spending his life in a teacup.

speciallyblend
06-16-2009, 04:20 AM

then you can kiss the gop goodbye. unless they plan on running a 13 yr old chinese emperor?

there are no leaders in the gop worth a dam in 2010 or 2012. the gop better start praying real hard!

i guess we always have newt/steele or bobby jindal or sarah palin! nevermind the gop is pretty much clueless. they might have a chance if they nominate a RPF member;) i guess we have 2016 or 2020 to look forward to!

the only reason i am still a republican is Ron Paul, as far as i am concerned the gop should stand for scum!

TheTyke
06-16-2009, 06:16 AM
We need to get Rand elected as Senator, and here's why... a representative, like Ron, has to run for election every two years - pretty much constantly. We saw this take away somewhat from the presidential run - if you try too hard at that, you could lose your seat back home.

As a senator with a six year term on the other hand, Rand would be able to run in 2012 with no worries about his seat. It's not like presidents haven't been elected after just a few years in senate......

In any case, I hope we have Ron or Rand running so there is SOMEONE good to support. Not wild about Sanford and not sure about Johnson.

heavenlyboy34
06-16-2009, 08:50 AM
then you can kiss the gop goodbye. unless they plan on running a 13 yr old chinese emperor?

there are no leaders in the gop worth a dam in 2010 or 2012. the gop better start praying real hard!

i guess we always have newt/steele or bobby jindal or sarah palin! nevermind the gop is pretty much clueless. they might have a chance if they nominate a RPF member;) i guess we have 2016 or 2020 to look forward to!

the only reason i am still a republican is Ron Paul, as far as i am concerned the gop should stand for scum!

FWIW, I would politely suggest that you not let your life revolve around elections (especially federal elections). Grassroots action is better and less stressful than trying to persuade millions of people at once, IMHO. Plus, if you put your energy into building your personal and local economy and lifestyle, you'll be safer when TSHTF. :)

MyLibertyStuff
06-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Yea but dont say it out loud come on

Join The Paul Side
06-16-2009, 02:27 PM

And of course you have proof of this, right?

JoshLowry
06-16-2009, 02:47 PM

You have no idea. Don't put stuff in bold if you have no idea.

It will help to not fuck up threads and take them off topic.

Thanks.

Brown Sapper
06-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Is it just me or does anyone get the feeling that Dennis is a drama queen.

sevin
06-16-2009, 03:53 PM
"

Thank you! Glad to see someone else actually gets it! :)

Gets what?

ClayTrainor
06-16-2009, 04:06 PM

eff that, you don't know that

I refuse to believe that he will NOT run in 2012 :cool:

W00T For HR1207

ctiger2
06-16-2009, 04:11 PM

I hope this isn't true because another heavy dose of Ron Paul is exactly what this country needs.

Matt Collins
06-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I hope this isn't true because another heavy dose of Ron Paul is exactly what this country needs.I agree... But how old is he? Do you think the media will let him have any positive attention if he runs?

Join The Paul Side
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree... But how old is he? Do you think the media will let him have any positive attention if he runs?

I don't give a shit if Ron is 100 years old in 2012. If he is what the country needs then he should run if he's up to it. And he is what the country needs so screw the media. If we do our job right he can win. We will have many advantages in 2012 that we didn't have in 2008 when people just started waking up to Ron Paul. We will have a serious campaign ready to go from that start instead of on organizing on the fly. :)

heavenlyboy34
06-17-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't give a shit if Ron is 100 years old in 2012. If he is what the country needs then he should run. And he is what the country needs so screw the media. If we do our job right he can win. :)

Also-we could make a novelty of his age (the way the neocons made a novelty out of Palin's gender and McShame's "hero" status). We've got some good sloganeers/copy-writers around here...time to get to work preparing for the campaign(and convincing RP to run...perhaps a petition is in order?)! :D:cool::)

JK/SEA
06-17-2009, 06:33 PM
He needs to run. The positives of this far outweigh any negatives.

Matt Collins
06-17-2009, 07:16 PM
If we do our job right he can win. We will have many advantages in 2012 that we didn't have in 2008 when people just started waking up to Ron Paul. We will have a serious campaign ready to go from that start instead of on organizing on the fly. :)Trust me, it's not possible, and it's not happening. There are external factors beyond the control of both the grassroots, and the campaign. Our best bet is to get as many Congressmen and Senators in office as possible.

Matt Collins
04-25-2011, 08:03 PM
I stand corrected.

CJLauderdale4
04-25-2011, 08:26 PM
I stand corrected.

Damn, Matt! You were way off on this one. But this is one I wouldn't mind being wrong about... ready for another round, like in '07??