PDA

View Full Version : Politico: Ron Paul a "Dreamboat"

Chieftain1776
06-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Washington is a magical place, a place where the onetime victims of boyhood gym-locker entombment can grow up to become the objects of affection, admiration, compulsive fandom, BlogSpot pages and Cafe Press T-shirts.

It is, safe to say, the only place where Ari Fleischer could have a stalker.

The haters call Washington “Hollywood for ugly people,” but they’ve got it all wrong. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, and the beholders inside the Beltway see beauty where others might miss it.

Beauty, says Tammy Haddad, is “the people who make things work in our town because they’re able to move and motivate masses of people, which is really extraordinary.”

“They are powerful, dependable and completely engaged in your conversation with them, which is, in any world and any time, the most charming thing in the world.”

Let the rest of the world have its Brad Pitt. D.C. knows who the real dreamboats are:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23730.html#ixzz0IUeuluTU&D

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas)

He’s a proud Texan doctor with a charming Southern smile, but it’s his tireless defense of the Constitution that makes the ladies fawn over “Dr. No.” He’s a penny-pincher who prefers a hacksaw to a scalpel when it comes to paring down government spending bills, and he plugs along as the quintessential black sheep who is largely ignored by traditional media and even his own party. But when it comes to his own fundraising, not only can he work a room — his self-confidence inspired the masses to raise millions in one-day donation blitzes.

Bloggers call him “sexy,” and even some of his male cultlike followers admit their “man crushes.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23730_Page2.html#ixzz0IUeka6ZZ&D

In other news...Grover Norquist and Chuck Todd made the list :eek:

Epic
06-15-2009, 05:04 AM
Bruno agrees.

emazur
06-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Just saw this on Morning Joe - one of the hosts said "I love Ron Paul" and said something about the gold standard

pacelli
06-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Just saw this on Morning Joe - one of the hosts said "I love Ron Paul" and said something about the gold standard

That's the flip side of the "Ron Paul is not the leader of the republican party" repeater message. They are saying that they like Ron Paul, they love Ron Paul, but he still isn't the leader of the republican party. The reason they are doing this is to establish a track record for the next presidential run when the media ignores him again (if he decides to run). In other words, talk is cheap, and none of them are really supporting the full message.

When the grassroots starts mass-calling the media to get Ron on the debates, they'll be able to say, "We've actually been pulling for Ron Paul because we love him, but he just didn't make it in the polls".

If Ron decides to NOT run for president again, then their "I love Ron Paul" conditioning will be used to transfer people's attention on to the next darkhorse candidate.

tangent4ronpaul
06-15-2009, 10:03 AM
> He’s a penny-pincher who prefers a hacksaw to a scalpel when it comes to paring down government spending bills...

personally, I would have said chainsaw instead of hacksaw - but overall, pretty complementary.

-t

tron paul
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Amusing, but Politico should have 'Ron Paul' in the tag list for the article.

DRP wasn't a nerd in HS. He was a track star and fit enough to enlist. Maybe including that would make the article less funny.

Uriel999
06-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Amusing, but Politico should have 'Ron Paul' in the tag list for the article.

DRP wasn't a nerd in HS. He was a track star and fit enough to enlist. Maybe including that would make the article less funny.

Track isn't a very popular sport though. In high school we didn't go see the track games. We went to see the football games and basketball games. No other sport really mattered including the ones I participated in (wrestling and then swimming my senior year).

tangent4ronpaul
06-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Track isn't a very popular sport though. In high school we didn't go see the track games. We went to see the football games and basketball games. No other sport really mattered including the ones I participated in (wrestling and then swimming my senior year).

I don't know, when I was in HS I always watched the track games - OK, so I was on the team...

And I always had a thing for watching the lacrosse games and sometimes practice - OK, so I wasn't really there to watch the game... :D

-t

SimpleName
06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
If only he was touted as a sex symbol during the campaign. If only he was hyped up as superhuman and amazing during the primaries...you know...the Obama effect. Not that that is happening now, but I'm just saying.