PDA

View Full Version : "Freedom Quiz" flyer- mini project

Bryan
06-14-2009, 10:37 PM
So here is the idea- let's design a "Freedom Quiz" slim jim that could include around 10 true/false questions on one side with the answers and some explanation on the other.

The first step is to come up with some good questions- here are a few to get things rolling- they can be wordsmithed later:

----------------

Question: The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that it is OK to have your home taken away from you if someone else will pay more taxes on the land.

Answer: True, ruled in Kelo v. City of New London, 2005.

----------------

Question: "A military draft may be necessary to maintain our freedom.

Answer: False.

----------------

Question : Government can hold you without trial or charges and ship you out of the country?

Answer: True, under various provisions of federal law, the government can detain you without trial or charges, without contact with family, friends or legal counsel.

(From member Anti Federalist)

----------------

Ultimately we'll want to include rulings and laws in all the answers. Once we get the best questions we'll wordsmith the text and then need to get some basic patriotic graphics and put it all together.

These could be great to pass out on the fourth! :) Let's come up with some questions!!

CasualApathy
06-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Great idea! The first question is brilliant. The second one is tricky because it's more a matter of opinion than a matter of fact. The third one is also great, especially when the rulings and laws will be added.

DirtMcGirt
06-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I like the Idea, Maybe we could get some ideas or set one up here to get some critiques...
http://www.helloquizzy.com/search

I just typed freedom in their search box.

Also, I was trying to find the thread earlier concerning the candidate questionnaire. Do you know which sub-forum it is in?

Bryan
06-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I've neglected this thread but-- bump.

Another possible question: America is a democracy.
Answer: False, we are a Constitutional Republic.

Any others?

dr. hfn
06-18-2009, 12:45 PM
we could use this quiz and put it on a slim jim: http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

Idea: During the summer there are town/county fairs and big public events. This is the perfect time to reach new people. We could hand out literature and put slim jims/flyers/brochures on peoples' cars.

CaseyJones
06-18-2009, 04:57 PM
bump