PDA

View Full Version : Arizona police putting spies in fast food drive up windows

Anti Federalist
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Arizona Drunk Drivers Face Arrest at Fast Food Joints (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526243,00.html)

Sunday, June 14, 2009

TUCSON, Ariz. — Drunken Arizona drivers with the late-night munchies may soon be getting more than chicken strips at drive-through windows.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department has a new campaign targeting drunken driving. Operation Would U Like Fries, or Operation WULF, will put undercover deputies inside 24-hour fast-food restaurants to spot impaired drivers placing their orders.

Sgt. Doug Hanna, a DUI unit supervisor, says if deputies notice someone with classic symptoms of impairment — slurred speech, red or watery eyes or beer breath — they will have a uniformed deputy stationed outside pull the driver over.

Hanna says money for the intermittent program is coming from a $128,000 grant from the Governor's Office of Highway Safety.

torchbearer
06-14-2009, 10:14 PM
I can't wait until people starting fighting back.
There will be a breaking point.

Anti Federalist
06-14-2009, 10:19 PM
I can't wait until people starting fighting back.
There will be a breaking point.

Note the name, with the nice militaristic ring to it:

Operation WULF.

Take a look at cop programs targeting various transgressions by us proles.

More and more, they will assign a similar military moniker to it.

Operation this or that.

It's going to have to come down to fighting back, it's been made very clear "they" are at war with us.

FSP-Rebel
06-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Channeling Arizonans to NH. #2 sig line.

torchbearer
06-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Note the name, with the nice militaristic ring to it:

Operation WULF.

Take a look at cop programs targeting various transgressions by us proles.

More and more, they will assign a similar military moniker to it.

Operation this or that.

It's going to have to come down to fighting back, it's been made very clear "they" are at war with us.

I feel sad for the wife and kids of the dumb ass that starts aggression towards me.
I hope its worth his life, whatever it is he thinks he is doing.
There must be consequences for their misbehavior, or it won't stop.

Carson
06-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I saw a headline on www.fark.com on this topic.

"Sir, would you like fries with that?" "No thanks, I'm so drunk I just want my burger" "Very good,sir, please pull up to the first deputy waiting to arrest you"

Here is a link to the comment section.

http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4448278

Heres one.

"Damn! That's gonna make it easier for me to hit the taco bell after 2am (I don't drink). Drunks/stonners will be afraid to go to the drive through LOL."

The story link is the icon at the top, left of the headline.

torchbearer
06-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Just boycott fast food joints.
when they go out of business. the pigs can go find somewhere else to stick their porky noses.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/art/PigArt.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
06-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I thought they were all hanging out at Dunkin Donuts...

-t

Anti Federalist
06-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I saw a headline on www.fark.com on this topic.

Thanks for that link.

I was able to find this:

Plan to get drunks at drive-thrus falls flat (http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/06/14/20090614drunkmunchies.html)

Jun. 14, 2009 09:28 AM
Associated Press

TUCSON, Ariz. — A plan by the Pima County Sheriff's Department that would have stationed deputies at fast-food joints to sniff out drunken drivers appears to have fallen flat.

The department had hoped to target drunken driving by putting undercover deputies inside 24-hour fast-food restaurants to spot impaired drivers placing their orders. If deputies spotted someone with classic symptoms of impairment, they were to call a uniformed deputy stationed outside to pull the driver over.

But sheriff's Lt. Karl Woolridge says the department asked various fast-food chains if they'd agree to be a part of the program, but all of them declined.

Money for the program would have come from a $128,000 grant from the Governor's Office of Highway Safety for fiscal year 2008-2009. The grant funds sobriety checkpoints and other anti-drunken-driving programs.

tangent4ronpaul
06-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Just seems appropriate...

A guy leaves a bar at closing. He's staggering and swaying. Gets in his car and and swings out, tires squealing - driving slightly eradically(sp?). The cops are all over him like flies on shit. They make him do a sobriety test which he passes with flying colors. The cop asks what's up? Guy answers: I'm the designated decoy - my friends all went that way!

:D

-t

torchbearer
06-14-2009, 10:45 PM
just seems appropriate...

A guy leaves a bar at closing. He's staggering and swaying. Gets in his car and and swings out, tires squealing - driving slightly eradically(sp?). The cops are all over him like flies on shit. They make him do a sobriety test which he passes with flying colors. The cop asks what's up? Guy answers: I'm the designated decoy - my friends all went that way!

:d

-t

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freedom 4 all
06-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks for that link.

I was able to find this:

Plan to get drunks at drive-thrus falls flat (http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/06/14/20090614drunkmunchies.html)

Jun. 14, 2009 09:28 AM
Associated Press

TUCSON, Ariz. — A plan by the Pima County Sheriff's Department that would have stationed deputies at fast-food joints to sniff out drunken drivers appears to have fallen flat.

The department had hoped to target drunken driving by putting undercover deputies inside 24-hour fast-food restaurants to spot impaired drivers placing their orders. If deputies spotted someone with classic symptoms of impairment, they were to call a uniformed deputy stationed outside to pull the driver over.

But sheriff's Lt. Karl Woolridge says the department asked various fast-food chains if they'd agree to be a part of the program, but all of them declined.

Money for the program would have come from a $128,000 grant from the Governor's Office of Highway Safety for fiscal year 2008-2009. The grant funds sobriety checkpoints and other anti-drunken-driving programs.

LMAO the free market works again. No restaurant owner in their right mind would allow police to harrass customers they suspect to be drunk. Aside from the whole constitution thing it would be horrble for repeat business. I know I'd try to boycott any restaurant implementing this policy.

tangent4ronpaul
06-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Anticipate round 2 - mandating their being able to put undercover officers in any business on threat of loosing their business license. Remember it's "for the children" :rolleyes:

-t

andrewh817
06-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Just seems appropriate...

:D

-t

Someone should have done that for a friend of mine on his 21st........ he went out to his car to grab something and the bouncer wouldn't let him back in. He went to sit on the curb to wait for everyone else to come outside and a cop pulled up and gave him DIP!!! bullshit laws........ and I'm glad none of the places let the cops do this, wish the bars would do the same though.

Anti Federalist
06-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Someone should have done that for a friend of mine on his 21st........ he went out to his car to grab something and the bouncer wouldn't let him back in. He went to sit on the curb to wait for everyone else to come outside and a cop pulled up and gave him DIP!!! bullshit laws........ and I'm glad none of the places let the cops do this, wish the bars would do the same though.

Holy shit.

Ron "Tater Salad" White, for real.

"I don't want to be drunk in public, I want to be drunk in the bar. They threw me out. Arrest them."

LATruth
06-15-2009, 12:41 AM
I bet the article claiming the plan was scrapped is planted. Why disclose anything about an ongoing investigation/police project?

Sandman33
06-15-2009, 02:24 AM
DUI laws have become a complete joke.

Thank MADD for killing your favorite spots. Nobody wants to leave their HOUSE anymore.

It's completely ILLEGAL for cops to wait outside of bars and pull people over but they do it anyway. And the usual blood alcohol limit was 1.0 regardless of your weight.

Now they can give you a DUI if you use MOUTHWASH and drive. All the officer has to say is that you blew a .01 and you were driving oddly.

You lose your license, have to take ALCOHOLIC ANONYMOUS classes like a fucking DRUNK, and by the time your done it costs you about 15 GRAND....going to the STATE.

They arent serving or protecting ANYONE but themselves.

devil21
06-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Is it any surprise the restaurants told the cops to piss off? The country is spiraling into depression and the cops want to keep people from grabbing a #2 Combo on the way home?

youngbuck
06-15-2009, 02:44 AM
DUI laws have become a complete joke.

Thank MADD for killing your favorite spots. Nobody wants to leave their HOUSE anymore.

It's completely ILLEGAL for cops to wait outside of bars and pull people over but they do it anyway. And the usual blood alcohol limit was 1.0 regardless of your weight.

Now they can give you a DUI if you use MOUTHWASH and drive. All the officer has to say is that you blew a .01 and you were driving oddly.

You lose your license, have to take ALCOHOLIC ANONYMOUS classes like a fucking DRUNK, and by the time your done it costs you about 15 GRAND....going to the STATE.

They arent serving or protecting ANYONE but themselves.

Must be a state specific thing, because it usually doesn't work quite like that.

tangent4ronpaul
06-15-2009, 02:50 AM
So what state does Sandman33 live in? hmmm...???

-t

LATruth
06-15-2009, 02:58 AM
Must be a state specific thing, because it usually doesn't work quite like that.

It's how it is in New Orleans.

Kludge
06-15-2009, 03:00 AM
Local government is dangerous.

tangent4ronpaul
06-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Local government is dangerous.

I thought we wanted more local gvmt because it was easier to control and more responsible - but I agree - local gvmt is very corrupt!

where to from here?

:(

-t

Objectivist
06-15-2009, 04:23 AM
I bet the fat asses get a discount on their meals too.

jkr
06-15-2009, 06:13 AM
bill of rights violation
a1
a4
a5

any others?