PDA

View Full Version : Question: What will happen to the IRS Employees if the IRS is dismantled?

FrankRep
09-22-2007, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evnM2xfEZ2I

A YouTuber has a question for Ron Paul.

Dustancostine
09-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Paul should say:

We are going to send them to Gitmo!

Johnnybags
09-22-2007, 05:02 PM

and then they can join the rest of us as Wal-Mart greeters.

Givemelibertyor.....
09-22-2007, 05:03 PM
There's a ton of day labor places around town. That's a good place to start.

Do some of those jobs "American's won't do."

JosephTheLibertarian
09-22-2007, 05:04 PM
They will join the American economy, what do you think?

Syren123
09-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Looks like they'll have to find gainful employment. Maybe they could look in Mexico or China.

Lord Xar
09-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Sign them up for the border patrol...

vanadium
09-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Someone will need to do all the packaging and selling of the IRS's assets...who better than overaggressive number crunchers?

FrankRep
09-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Sign them up for the border patrol...

Nice one. Yeah. :)

Zydeco
09-22-2007, 05:12 PM
They'll make a lot more money in the private sector. The IRS sweeps 15% of the American economy into waste, fraud, and malinvestment. Once that money is put back into providing products and services that people actually want instead of bullshit programs that don't help anyone and only serve to get CFR-controlled congresscritters elected, EVERYONE will have more money than they had before. A lot more.

foofighter20x
09-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I've posted this before, I'll post it again.

1) The released workers means that the government no longer needs to pay their salaries.
2) The money saved from what would have been spent on the salaries stays in general revenue.
3) More funds in general revenue, if we hodl our government accountable, means that gov't debt can be paid off or taxes can be cut.
4a) Assuming taxes are cut, the money stays in the economy.
4b) Assuming debt is paid off, that means the government saves more money by not having to pay the interest on that debt, which means they need less revenue the next year so that taxes can be cut; the money goes back into the economy, and the tax cuts on top of that leave more money in the economy.
5) That additional money in the economy creates jobs.
6) Guess who is sitting on their couch ready to fill those new jobs: the old IRS employees!

Simply point to WWII G.I.s as an example of how readily the economy reabsorbs government workers.

bygone
09-22-2007, 05:20 PM
There's a ton of day labor places around town. That's a good place to start.

Do some of those jobs "American's won't do."

This American has done those jobs. They can do it too.

I would think they could find employment; even if it meant learning new skills. The jobs the IRS provides are not a reason to keep it.

jumpyg1258
09-22-2007, 05:24 PM
They will most likely have the same thing happen to them as what will happen to me, lose their job. Even though I do not work for one of the government agencies Ron talks about getting rid of, I wouldnt put it past him to eliminate my gov job.

Thomas_Paine
09-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Get Honest Work.

Kregener
09-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Do they care what I do for a living?

Cowlesy
09-22-2007, 05:25 PM
There is a massive shortage of workers in the accounting industry. IRS people deal with accounting all day long, and angry people all day long---I have no doubt they'll find great jobs in the private sector given that they are capable of dealing with irate people all the time.

atilla
09-22-2007, 05:26 PM
they can make big macs at mcdonald's.

Richandler
09-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Well I would assume the income tax cut would create thousands of jobs.

Johnnybags
09-22-2007, 05:33 PM
no need for an AGS jobs bill or seasonal migrant workers. They can pick the lettuce no American will pick. Problem solved. Congress can go back to building the fence.

Qiu
09-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Does he expect that the IRS employees are so incompetent that they remain eternally unemployed and starve?

Why worry about them? We've had massive layoffs in the auto, textile, manufacturing, steel, and countless other industries for decades. Yet, we have an unemployment rate a fraction of those that many European countries like France and Germany have- and they're the ones who have government policies protecting jobs. I think it's been shown clearly enough that our economy recycles labor and will accept any IRS employees soon enough. With the income tax gone, I can only assume that we would create more jobs for those poor Feds.

ItsTime
09-22-2007, 05:51 PM
That is sort of asking if there were no drugs what would the drug dealers do. who cares?

jmunjr
09-22-2007, 05:52 PM
What would they be doing if the IRS never existed?

erowe1
09-22-2007, 05:53 PM
But don't forget, part of the IRS is the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. And those clowns will have trouble finding jobs even after the Ron Paul revolution abolishes the minimum wage. Under the current federal law of lifetime imprisonment for multiple drug-related offenses we could accommodate those folks in our prisons. But, the revolution's going to get rid of that law too. So, I guess this just goes to illustrate that in every change within an economy there are some winners and some losers. And I'm afraid the BATFE employees are just going to have to be losers. The poor things.

Brian4Liberty
09-22-2007, 06:07 PM

They can take those jobs that "Americans won't do" or that "Americans are too uneducated to do".

Brian
09-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Not to worry. There are plenty of jobs available for independent auditors. 3 months of career training and they will be fully employed.

Mesogen
09-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Whatever job they take, they'll be able to keep more of their paycheck.

Brian4Liberty
09-22-2007, 07:17 PM
They can take those jobs that "Americans won't do" or that "Americans are too uneducated to do".

Whoops! Forgot the other lie: "jobs we can't find Americans to fill."

Good video on this:
http://www.youtube.com/programmersguild

Tsoman
09-22-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm sure they will get some kind of severance pa, and then go on to find a job that doesn't kill their souls.

Shink
09-22-2007, 07:52 PM
:( The one video they'll direct at Ron.

mconder
09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Not just IRS employees will loose, but tax preparers, tax attorneys, CPA's, and auditors. Hopefully they would all get jobs that add value to the economy.

michaelwise
09-22-2007, 08:22 PM
President Regan had no problem firring 22,000 air traffic controllers. They can collect unemployment and find new jobs in the private sector. There's only 4.6% unemployment out there.

misconstrued
09-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Tax attorneys and CPAs whose bread and butter are tax returns may not like the abolition of the IRS too much ;)

misconstrued
09-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Not just IRS employees will loose, but tax preparers, tax attorneys, CPA's, and auditors. Hopefully they would all get jobs that add value to the economy.

I guess I should have read page 3 before I commented :)

mackler
09-22-2007, 08:51 PM
What will happen to IRS employees? Well, we should keep things fair. I suggest actioning them off into slavery for life. We can take the money raised, and give it as reparations to anyone who has done time for tax evasion.

itsnobody
09-22-2007, 08:58 PM
There's lots of jobs IRS employees can go into....they have nothing to worry about

michaelwise
09-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Half the government employees will need to be laid off anyway by January 2009, because the country will be bankrupt by then. This I am 100% sure of this. I study the financial markets, and I know the worst foreclosures in history are still ahead of us. There's nothing the Fed can do to fix the credit markets. Why is this so hard to understand.

bbachtung
09-22-2007, 09:12 PM
They can work in sleeping pill factories manufacturing pills for those of us who would otherwise lie awake at night worrying about what those poor former IRS employees are doing.

sylvania
09-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't worry about them. I worked for Deloitte during the time Arthur Anderson fell apart and those 28,000 (roughly) employees managed to be scooped up by competing firms. Sure, it's a bit different but the accounting world is always looking for employees to grind through their sweatshops (you work 70-80 hours a week during tax season) and there will still be a corporate income tax.