PDA

View Full Version : How would it be possible to leave the UN if...

Starks
09-22-2007, 04:05 PM
...the actual building would still be in our country?

EvilEngineer
09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
We tell them to get the hell out... close the building and remove all of the spoiled brat diplomats and their immunity.

bbachtung
09-22-2007, 04:18 PM
They could all move to Brussells.

Give me liberty
09-22-2007, 04:24 PM

hmm thats a good question, maybe once the building is down we coud build a school or even a big hospital.

Starks
09-22-2007, 04:25 PM
We don't have the power to kick them out? Do we?

bcmiller
09-22-2007, 04:27 PM
If we don't have the power to kick them out who does? It's our land. Other nations have expelled diplomats from their embassies.

Mesogen
09-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Can anyone tell us who donated the land for that building and whose idea it was to house the UN in New York?
Hint, it's the same people that built the World Trade Center.

David Merrill
09-22-2007, 05:07 PM
You misunderstand the claim to Manhattan Island under the British East Indies Trading Company is perpetual.

From an article in the American's Bulletin over a decade ago:

Article VI of this charter states, "They (the Patroons) shall forever possess and enjoy all lands lying within the aforesaid limits..." One of the possessions granted to "forever possess" is Manhattan Island, the financial center of the world. The Patroons charter was granted by the "Company." - the Dutch East India Company which is now known as BEIC, or the British East India Company. Remember it is the Dutch Robbels Bank of the Netherlands that holds the receivership of the United States Bankruptcy and it is also this banking entity that recently (1995 article) purchased the failed Baring's Bank of London..."

Without the municipal structure of Manhattan Island understood you cannot possibly comprehend how a rich man can give 18 acres of "America" to international soil. David Rockefeller is in no way capable of giving away American land like governments do embassies.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Dustancostine
09-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Let them stay, who cares.

Syren123
09-22-2007, 05:45 PM
The UN building has very bad feng shui (water in the back for one) that even feng shui masters can't fix so forget doing anything with it once they've been kicked out.

winston_blade
09-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Charge them rent. Plus it is a good way to bring business to the area. They should surly be able to turn a profit on that.

SeanEdwards
09-22-2007, 06:00 PM
It's called an eviction notice.

Followed by implosion of that ugly-as-shit building.

Replace it with a "National Sovereignty Park".

dircha
09-22-2007, 06:09 PM

I don't personally know whether the building is publicly or privately owned.

But listen, whether or not a private international group calling itself the UN wants to operation within our borders, to a large extent is none of our business. We support the free association of people.

The important part is to end taxpayer funding subsidization of the UN, and withdraw all official US government participation in it. And if it is a publicly owned building, our government should divest itself of the property.

Now, we could go further and deny visas or otherwise disallow travel into our country by various other country's UN representatives, but in general we should not give UN member country representatives any more or less travel privileges than any other citizen of each respective country. It is a private international club, nothing more.

David Merrill
09-26-2007, 08:06 AM
I don't personally know whether the building is publicly or privately owned.

But listen, whether or not a private international group calling itself the UN wants to operation within our borders, to a large extent is none of our business. We support the free association of people.

The important part is to end taxpayer funding subsidization of the UN, and withdraw all official US government participation in it. And if it is a publicly owned building, our government should divest itself of the property.

Now, we could go further and deny visas or otherwise disallow travel into our country by various other country's UN representatives, but in general we should not give UN member country representatives any more or less travel privileges than any other citizen of each respective country. It is a private international club, nothing more.

It was a private donation of a Patroon claim - David Rockefeller. Manhattan Island should strictly be considered a municipality.

http://www.aish.com/jewlariousMultiMedia/jewlariousMultiMediaDefault/UN-Necessary.asp

http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_METROchapter1.pdf
http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_METROchapter2.pdf
http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_METROchapter3.pdf
American’s Bulletin 1995 METRO 1313 article

If you are short on time read the first two pages.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Qiu
09-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Does anyone else think the UN building is an eyesore architecturally?

Green Mountain Boy
09-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Does anyone else think the UN building is an eyesore architecturally?

Yes, I agree. It was designed by a team of leading modernist architects including Le Corbusier, but I wouldn't consider it a fine piece of modern architecture. Too many cooks spoil the broth so to say.

I also find this sculpture there to be an eyesore.
http://www.earthisland.org/the-edge/gun.jpg

trispear
09-26-2007, 08:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations#Headquarters
"The United Nations headquarters was built on an 18 acre site in New York City purchased with a donation to the UN by John D. Rockefeller, Jr. in 1946 [7]. Although it is in New York City, the land occupied by the United Nations headquarters is international territory. [8] [7] Its borders are First Avenue west, East 42nd Street south, East 48th Street north and the East River east. FDR Drive passes underneath the Conference Building of the complex."

I think on one hand it's a mistake to leave the U.N.

We have super veto-power, one of five members to have it, since we are a founding member. We won't get it back if we try to join again. If the UN tries something we don't like - we can veto it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council

Maybe I'm wrong. I'd have to hear Ron Paul's reasoning on this. However, I am for asserting the US sovereignty where the UN tries to contradict it.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-26-2007, 08:33 AM
we say.. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE lol

then we uhh.. sell the building.

richard1984
09-26-2007, 08:34 AM
I think that Ron Paul actually answered this question recently said in an interview (I honestly don't remember where I heard it, though--I'll try to find it). He basically said something like "I'm sure [other countries--he mentioned a couple] would love to have the UN in their country!" It was funny. I'll try to find it.

Chester Copperpot
09-26-2007, 08:45 AM
They could all move to Brussells.

They already have 6 governments in Belgium.. can you imagine them having 7 ??

Dustancostine
09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
They already have 6 governments in Belgium.. can you imagine them having 7 ??

They could call it World Governtment HQ, or center of the world. LOL

noxagol
09-26-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm not worried about the UN doing something after we are gone. The US is the only thing that makes any difference in the UN. Without the US, the UN will have next to no power to do anything and will probably dissolve.

eloquensanity
09-26-2007, 10:08 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations#Headquarters
"The United Nations headquarters was built on an 18 acre site in New York City purchased with a donation to the UN by John D. Rockefeller, Jr. in 1946 [7]. Although it is in New York City, the land occupied by the United Nations headquarters is international territory. [8] [7] Its borders are First Avenue west, East 42nd Street south, East 48th Street north and the East River east. FDR Drive passes underneath the Conference Building of the complex."

Enforce the borders LOL j/k:D

Fox McCloud
11-29-2007, 10:50 PM
I know if I was the President.....well, I'd probably march right into the UN (yes, myself) and kindly ask everyone to leave, as I would be "pulling us out of the UN immediately".

If they didn't leave, I'd bring the police next time and kindly ask. If they still didn't leave, I'd bring along troops and kindly ask....if they still didn't, then I'd start arresting people and having them put on flights back to their countries.

Yeah, it's harsh, but the UN is a MAJOR threat to our own national security and sovereignty.

I'd probably have the building demolished and/or turned into a museum informing people on the true nature of the UN, completely with weekly speeches from people who know what it is about.