PDA

View Full Version : Regency Capacity = 1000, RP's Standing Room Only

smhbbag
09-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Woohoo! Great job everybody. And correct me if I'm wrong, this rally just didn't seem as 'pushed' or advertised as some previously, and we still get this turnout? We're growing!

In case the subject line didn't make sense....according to the Hyatt Regency's website, the Ballroom where the rally is located has a capacity of 1000. And now, it is full of Ron Paul supporters, standing room only.

:D

dsentell
09-22-2007, 03:07 PM
It looks like quite a crowd!!

Hurray!!

Givemelibertyor.....
09-22-2007, 03:07 PM
That's great news!

Is it just starting?

dsentell
09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
RP has been speaking a few minutes...

smhbbag
09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
No, it started at 3, Central Time, but the feeds on JustinTV and HelloWorld have been cutting in and out badly.

LibertyEagle
09-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Is the video lagging for anyone else?

dsentell
09-22-2007, 03:10 PM
It cuts out once in a while

LibertyEagle
09-22-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't think the problem was with JustinTV. I think it is with their equipment.

dsentell
09-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh, sorry, I misread -- video lagging, YES

I am watching on helloworld

justin video seemed better, but cut off more often

Trassin
09-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Anyone know how his crowds are comparing to other candidates?

0zzy
09-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Anyone know how his crowds are comparing to other candidates?

About the same or a bit smaller in size (compared to the big wigs), but much more enthusiastic.

BIG_J
09-22-2007, 03:40 PM
and they aren't "paid" volunteers...?! Ha-ha!

Shink
09-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Ron's crowds are usually way bigger than what the other turds muster.

The Good Doctor
09-22-2007, 03:56 PM
I hope he can pull 50k out of the crowd! They were awesome! :D

Woohoo! Great job everybody. And correct me if I'm wrong, this rally just didn't seem as 'pushed' or advertised as some previously, and we still get this turnout? We're growing!

In case the subject line didn't make sense....according to the Hyatt Regency's website, the Ballroom where the rally is located has a capacity of 1000. And now, it is full of Ron Paul supporters, standing room only.

:D

ItsTime
09-22-2007, 03:58 PM
kick ass crowd build the momentum!

Tom29
09-22-2007, 04:05 PM
When is the next big event planned? :D

cujothekitten
09-22-2007, 04:16 PM
I just got back, I'll be posting some pics once I get the sorted out.

BillyDkid
09-22-2007, 04:26 PM

:DFunny how big media manages to overlook or (at best) down play it.

Nefertiti
09-22-2007, 04:43 PM
I just got back and my throat is killing me from all the shouting. The room was full and we were LOUD. The enthusiasm everyone had was great.

I met a couple people from the South Side and we talked about doing more around here, especially in Hyde Park, especially since U of C is now back in session. If anyone is on the South Side and would like to get involved, please contact me by pm.

I was sitting near a teacher who works in a Head Start program, a number of veterans, and a Canadian woman who told us that the Canadians are as worried about the North American Union as we are.

At the $1000 per person fundraiser they are holding right now, Robert Pape is speaking. I was happy to see him on board for Ron Paul because his name will carry a lot of weight with people I know, and especially at the U of C.

One thing we need to work on though is branching out a bit ethnically. The room was mostly white, a few Asians, and one black guy that I saw. It might be a hard sell here in Chicago but we could use with a little more diversity because whites can't carry it all here in the city.

LibertyEagle
09-22-2007, 04:50 PM
One thing we need to work on though is branching out a bit ethnically. The room was mostly white, a few Asians, and one black guy that I saw. It might be a hard sell here in Chicago but we could use with a little more diversity because whites can't carry it all here in the city.

Any ideas?

paulitics
09-22-2007, 04:51 PM
I just got back and my throat is killing me from all the shouting. The room was full and we were LOUD. The enthusiasm everyone had was great.

I met a couple people from the South Side and we talked about doing more around here, especially in Hyde Park, especially since U of C is now back in session. If anyone is on the South Side and would like to get involved, please contact me by pm.

I was sitting near a teacher who works in a Head Start program, a number of veterans, and a Canadian woman who told us that the Canadians are as worried about the North American Union as we are.

At the $1000 per person fundraiser they are holding right now, Robert Pape is speaking. I was happy to see him on board for Ron Paul because his name will carry a lot of weight with people I know, and especially at the U of C.

Thats true, but we can't get discouraged. I have not seen any African Americans or Asians at a Mitt Romney rally. The minority vote is practically nill during the primaries which is unfortunate. Were there many seniors?

Nefertiti
09-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, but they are all over Obama here. He's not just the hometown boy, he's the neighborhood boy where I am. Some people may be active because of him and perhaps we can switch them over.

I like that short video they have of the black woman in South Carolina talking about why she supports Ron Paul over Obama. I think the drug war is a good one, gun control. These two issues put a lot of black men behind bars and hurt the whole black community and I think these are issues you might be able to sell some on.

There were a few seniors and I talked to a couple of them. Mostly a youthful crowd though, but there were a number of us in our 30s and 40s too. A number of people with children wearing tiny Ron Paul shirts and carrying tiny Ron Paul signs. There was one boy shouting Ron Paul-Freedom on the march over that was really cute.

vanadium
09-22-2007, 05:01 PM
My wife and I just got back as well, and at least around us (we were on the right side of the room, about 1/4 back) it was surprisingly diverse. We even got stopped on the way back to the 'L' and asked how the rally went--and mentioned his vote was going to Paul. He wasn't white, either. Word's definitely getting around and slowly but surely the outside stereotype of the Ron Paul voter's changing.

Some volunteers were speaking to minority voters passing by after the rally, which was a very heartening sight. Outreach in and around Chicago is vital, especially in a sea of Obama voters.

The rally itself was exhilarating and exciting to be a part of. Just amazing. The place was packed.

Syren123
09-22-2007, 05:09 PM
So awesome! Watching on justin.tv, I was so with y'all in spirit. There's just nothing like a Ron Paul rally. You know you're witnessing something important.

angelatc
09-22-2007, 08:34 PM
We just got back. It was like Mecca.

The Regency room was set up to seat about 1200, abd although there were some empty seats in the back, there were far more than enough people standing along the sides to fill them. I'm perfectly comfortable saying attendence was over 1200.

No idea how many people managed to attend the $1000 dinner. If we had more notive I might have been able to swing it, and I would have like to hear Pape speak too.

I'm really bummed that I didn't get a picture of me with Congressman Paul! I did get a cookbook signed though. :)