PDA

View Full Version : Where does the federal government begin and end?

tangent4ronpaul
06-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Never got a reply to my previous query, so thought I'd break it out from in the middle of a old thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
US Holocaust Museum is 501c3:

The Museum is exempt from Federal taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
This doesn't make sense. The article above says the museum is a FEDERAL AGENCY, and federal agencies are tax exempt by default. Why does it have 501c3 status? Or did it just have that status in the beginning, before Clinton gave it permanent status?

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this... where does the federal government begin and end? I mean I expected the Smithsonian Institute, the Library of Congress and the National Archives to be federal agencies, but this one? How many other "federal agencies" are there out there? - museums, theaters, water parks, roller rinks, playgrounds... do these things become federal agencies when Congress creates them or gives them funds, or if they continue to get funds on a yearly basis? What exactly makes a museum a federal agency, and how many of these things are there out there?

Anyone know?

-t

originally from here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=195469&page=3

Anti Federalist
06-13-2009, 09:18 AM
The fedgov never ends and never begins.

It is the modern day Alpha and Omega, it is everywhere, omnipotent and omnipresent.

Nothing is outside it's control, purview or oversight.

Or so it would have you think.