PDA

View Full Version : North Korea states "Any blockade will be considered act of war"

Anti Federalist
06-12-2009, 11:58 PM
N. Korea says it will see any U.N. embargo as 'act of war'

Jun 13 01:35 AM US/Eastern

BEIJING, June 13 (AP) - (Kyodo)—(EDS: TO BE LED)
North Korea adopted a belligerent stance Saturday toward a U.N. resolution overnight in New York calling for increased sanctions against the country after its most recent nuclear arms test.

The official Korean Central News Agency said Pyongyang will see any attempt to "blockade" the North or inspect its ships at sea as an act of war.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D98PKH880&show_article=1

Anti Federalist
06-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Seems to me, I recall something about going to war with North Korea over enforcement of a UN resolution once before.

I also seem to recall, it didn't work out too well for us.

Al Quadia bogeymen in Iraq, Ahamdenhijad re-elected in Iran and now this.

W's "Axis of Evil" is alive and well.

...meet the new boss...

LATruth
Considering we are already "at war" due to NK backing out of the signed armistice this threat holds no water. NK is just a peacock showing its feathers. My concern is that China had a signature on that armistice as well, on the side of NK.

Rael
I have a feeling that pretty soon there is going to be a spot in the world where no one will be able to go for a long time.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2009, 12:16 AM
I have a feeling that pretty soon there is going to be a spot in the world where no one will be able to go for a long time.

Yeah, I'm getting that vibe as well.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Considering we are already "at war" due to NK backing out of the signed armistice this threat holds no water. NK is just a peacock showing its feathers. My concern is that China had a signature on that armistice as well, on the side of NK.

It was Chinese support, based on a similar agreement during the first NK war that led to disaster.

Only difference now is that China owns our collective sorry asses.

LATruth
06-13-2009, 12:24 AM
China Warns Against Force in Carrying Out North Korea Sanctions (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aJTuIWhr5KGM)

maqsur
06-13-2009, 05:10 AM
I like how the article calls NK "belligerent" for calling a blockade an act of war, when that is what it clearly is. Just another in a long line of biases of the media.

SamuraisWisdom
06-13-2009, 06:34 AM
I like how the article calls NK "belligerent" for calling a blockade an act of war, when that is what it clearly is. Just another in a long line of biases of the media.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't support the NK government at all, but they have a right to be pretty pissed about these UN resolutions.

Brassmouth
06-13-2009, 08:15 AM
They can't feed themselves. If the UN stops food aid, millions will die.

The people of the DPRK need to topple that goddamn regime before there's a genocide...

someperson
06-13-2009, 08:32 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I don't support the NK government at all, but they have a right to be pretty pissed about these UN resolutions.

I agree with maqsur, as well; a blockade has always been an act of war.

ghengis86
06-13-2009, 08:35 AM
I agree with maqsur, as well; a blockade has always been an act of war.

just ask Japan

Dreamofunity
06-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I was just flipping through the news stations, some idiot congressman was on saying how NK and Iran are our biggest threats, with no stated reasons, and that we need sanctions against NK with teeth.

Right under him it read "NK will consider any blockade and sanctions as an act of war"

So the moron wants to go to war with NK.

torchbearer
06-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Seems to me, I recall something about going to war with North Korea over enforcement of a UN resolution once before.

I also seem to recall, it didn't work out too well for us.

Al Quadia bogeymen in Iraq, Ahamdenhijad re-elected in Iran and now this.

W's "Axis of Evil" is alive and well.

...meet the new boss...

If I understand correctly from the text I read- General MacArthur was doing so well- that he was advocating continuing the advance into china.
The president immediately pulled back on his leash- and that is when we started getting our asses pushed back.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2009, 12:31 PM
If I understand correctly from the text I read- General MacArthur was doing so well- that he was advocating continuing the advance into china.
The president immediately pulled back on his leash- and that is when we started getting our asses pushed back.

Yeah, that's about the long and short of it.

Two ways you can look at it:

One, the threat was made, in back room channels, that an advance into China would bring the USSR into it. That would leave us fighting a three front war with combined forces of NK, China and the USSR on a closed peninsula. Not a very good tactical position to be in.

Two, it was determined that Mac would clean both the USSR's and China's clock, thus leaving no "bogeyman" for the 40 year Cold War that followed. Can't have that of course, so the call was made, back off.

If Mac pushed the issue, he probably would have ended up getting "Pattoned".:mad:

SamuraisWisdom
06-13-2009, 04:11 PM
They can't feed themselves. If the UN stops food aid, millions will die.

The people of the DPRK need to topple that goddamn regime before there's a genocide...

I agree. It's just unfortunate that the North Korean people are so impoverished because I don't think they would be able to put up much of a fight against the NK army. Though if some resistance group did get started and a revolution fired up I would fully support the US army helping them out if they asked for it. It would be like France helping us during our revolution against Britain.

SamuraisWisdom
06-13-2009, 04:14 PM

One, the threat was made, in back room channels, that an advance into China would bring the USSR into it. That would leave us fighting a three front war with combined forces of NK, China and the USSR on a closed peninsula. Not a very good tactical position to be in.

Two, it was determined that Mac would clean both the USSR's and China's clock, thus leaving no "bogeyman" for the 40 year Cold War that followed. Can't have that of course, so the call was made, back off.

If Mac pushed the issue, he probably would have ended up getting "Pattoned".:mad:

I'm gonna go and guess it was the tactical reason for it. The conspiracy theory you mentioned about us having no bogeymen is a bit ridiculous.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm gonna go and guess it was the tactical reason for it. The conspiracy theory you mentioned about us having no bogeymen is a bit ridiculous.

Pretty solid evidence has come out that shows that is what happened to Patton.

Just sayin'

LATruth
06-13-2009, 06:41 PM
And you need a bogeyman to perpetuate the war machine.

Tokyosmash
06-14-2009, 12:12 AM

Not completly true, the chinese would be in NK and the Russians would attempt to come thru the Fulda gap which would effectivly be a failure for them.

Anti Federalist
06-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Not completly true, the chinese would be in NK and the Russians would attempt to come thru the Fulda gap which would effectivly be a failure for them.

The Fulda gap move may have ended up a failure, but the fact remains, we would have been dealing with three combatant nations, all well armed with million man armies at their disposal.

Not a great place to be, especially with the sea on three sides behind you.