PDA

View Full Version : going galt

UnReconstructed
06-12-2009, 01:52 PM
A neocon friend used this term last night... I had to google it and what I found, disgusted me.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/going-galt-everyones-doing-it/?ref=opinion

torchbearer
06-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Agorism is sorta going galt.

Elwar
06-12-2009, 02:03 PM
If I were single I would've probably done it by now...

As for now...I'll just prepare for it.

gls
06-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I hate the New York Times with a passion and am glad they're nearly bankrupt. It shouldn't be too long now until it's confined to the dustbins of history.

As for "going Galt", they better believe it will happen. It already has happened to some extent. As the inflation really begins to ramp up and taxes are increased across all levels of government (especially on the "rich"), people will flee to safe havens.

When they penalize savers through inflation and taxation, it leads to less investment, which leads to less production, which leads to less wealth. This should be obvious to everyone.

Theocrat
06-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Maryland's millionaires have already "gone Galt" (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-md.millionaire14may14,0,6465292.story).

UnReconstructed
06-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Agorism is sorta going galt.

Do you like agorism?

torchbearer
06-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Do you like agorism?

If I understand it correctly, it is voluntarily not participating in the current economic system, and practicing your economic ventures voluntarily with others who do not wish to participate in the fraud going on.
If this is correct, yes I like it, and practice it daily- have been for awhile.

Sandman33
06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Ayn Rand was Philip de Rothschilds mistress. He instructed her to write a book about exactly how the illuminati/NWO will gain its stranglehold on the world.

If you want to read the book, skip the first 200 pages. Those pages are meant to make you bored and STOP reading.

ATLAS SHRUGGED

In 1957, a 1,168 page book by Ayn Rand, called Atlas Shrugged, was published. According to one source, Rand was alleged to be a mistress to Philippe Rothschild, who instructed her to write the book in order to show that through the raising of oil prices, then destroying the oil fields and shutting down the coal mines, the Illuminati would take over the world. It also related how they would blow up grain mills, derail trains, bankrupt and destroy their own companies, till they had destroyed the economy of the entire world; and yet, they would be so wealthy, that it would not substantially affect their vast holdings. The novel is about a man who stops the motor of the world, of what happens when “the men of the mind, the intellectuals of the world, the originators and innovators in every line of industry go on strike; when the men of creative ability in every profession, in protest against regulation, quit and disappear.”

UnReconstructed
06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
word

agorists like to use the term "counter-economics" ~ I feel that it is an excellent, peaceful way to withdraw consent. On a large scale, it could really make a difference.

Imperial
06-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Doesn't agorism extend into voting too? I know I had to defend non-voters on a forum frequented by Europeans who blamed non-voters for the BNP taking power. I had to explain they were blaming a sympton, as non-voters don't show up because they lack the motivation. I am not agorist, but I do think agorists are a necessary element in society.

Btw, John Galt or Henry Galt?

Kade
06-12-2009, 02:36 PM
A neocon friend used this term last night... I had to google it and what I found, disgusted me.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/going-galt-everyones-doing-it/?ref=opinion

Awesome. Since many of the fake "wealth" producers in this country are local monopolists, maybe this will blow open some holes in the current barriers to entry in business. (Cash advance, loan sharks, Lifelock, and other spurious spam stupid-people exploitative businesses).

Seriously. These people who think they are the producers, can rot in hell. They aren't.

And the real businesses, the ones who know better, are not going to give their competitors the opportunity to support them.

The other side of the coin is the actual progress producers... the so called "liberals" in academia.... we should all fear their actual legitimate threat of a strike, or moving to a different country. They are producers... they are the means to which we have such a great technological prowess in our country... when they start leaving, so do I.

Kade
06-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Oh golly jeez!~! look at me! I own a private business because I sell products to a chain of people below me!

You can be an independent business owner too!!!

http://www.quixtar.com/images/common/sitelogo.gif

Multi-leveled marketing ponzi schemes for the win!

angelatc
06-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Those who can, sell. Those who can't, buy and bitch.

Sandman33
06-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Those who can, sell. Those who can't, buy and bitch.

I can sell, I sell a shitload and I can tell you one thing, the main thing pushing average businesses to throw their hands up and go GALT is the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT all up in your shit.

You as an employer must be the governments tax collector, collecting taxes on everything sold and paying the state/fed. Then collecting the unconstitutional tax on your employees wages as well....and instead of getting a break since you SUPPLY THE JOB and are forced to work for the state by being thier tax collector...you have to then match thier taxes too!

The truth is that those that lack the morals and steal, will steal, just like the federal reserve.