PDA

View Full Version : New Oathkeepers Promotional Clip

AuH20
06-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Very powerful

YouTube - Oath Keepers is a Non-Partisan Association (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJz76kmxYes&feature=player_embedded)

Valene
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I love the new Oath Keepers website. I had been so worried that no one would stand up for the constitution when the going got tough and after reading this post by Jeff Watts, I sleep better at night.

Many in America are worried about an armed uprising due to the constant assault on our Constitutional rights. I’ve listened to many theories on who will start it and how, who will support it, what section of society will do most of it, and on and on…….
When I was younger, I was a militia leader. I was one of the people that Janet Napolitano is so afraid of.
Quick question- Why is she so afraid of people who have sworn to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution? I digress.
The point of this is that the denizens in our government are afraid of the wrong thing. The loud, vocal patriots with assault weapons do indeed pose a real threat to the enemies of our Constitution; however they aren’t the biggest players in the game. At best they are a convenient distraction, and a catalyst.
The real threats to those that oppose the rights of the people are a vast, mostly silent, majority.
Consider for a moment the deer hunter. His firearms aren’t under an immediate threat. His tools are a lever action 30/30, or a bolt action 3006. These are among the most politically correct of firearms, and would be among the last to be confiscated. These rifles are designed to take “game” up to 200 pounds, and are exceptionally accurate to several hundred yards.
As to the men that field them, they focus their lives on one or two weeks a year, in late fall/early winter. They spend weeks in preparation for the hunt. Special clothing is packed weeks or months in advance, mostly in plastic bags filled with cedar shavings, or pine boughs, to eliminate any human scent. They rise in the wee hours of the morning, and silently make their way to a predetermined location, where they sit silent and motionless for hours in the extreme cold waiting for the first crack of sunrise, just for the chance at one single shot. Their prey can see in the dark better than a human can see in the day time, has a sense of smell comparable to that of a bloodhound, has hearing similar to a dog’s, and can hit 35 m.p.h. and clear a 6 foot fence from a standing jump.
These men possess skills and abilities of stealth and marksmanship that are the envy even of highly trained police and military snipers.
These men are also typically conservative, Christian, and politically opinionated.
So, I have to ask. What’s going to happen when these average guys decide to start hunting two-legged game?

Sandman33
06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
I love the new Oath Keepers website. I had been so worried that no one would stand up for the constitution when the going got tough and after reading this post by Jeff Watts, I sleep better at night.

Many in America are worried about an armed uprising due to the constant assault on our Constitutional rights. I’ve listened to many theories on who will start it and how, who will support it, what section of society will do most of it, and on and on…….
When I was younger, I was a militia leader. I was one of the people that Janet Napolitano is so afraid of.
Quick question- Why is she so afraid of people who have sworn to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution? I digress.
The point of this is that the denizens in our government are afraid of the wrong thing. The loud, vocal patriots with assault weapons do indeed pose a real threat to the enemies of our Constitution; however they aren’t the biggest players in the game. At best they are a convenient distraction, and a catalyst.
The real threats to those that oppose the rights of the people are a vast, mostly silent, majority.
Consider for a moment the deer hunter. His firearms aren’t under an immediate threat. His tools are a lever action 30/30, or a bolt action 3006. These are among the most politically correct of firearms, and would be among the last to be confiscated. These rifles are designed to take “game” up to 200 pounds, and are exceptionally accurate to several hundred yards.
As to the men that field them, they focus their lives on one or two weeks a year, in late fall/early winter. They spend weeks in preparation for the hunt. Special clothing is packed weeks or months in advance, mostly in plastic bags filled with cedar shavings, or pine boughs, to eliminate any human scent. They rise in the wee hours of the morning, and silently make their way to a predetermined location, where they sit silent and motionless for hours in the extreme cold waiting for the first crack of sunrise, just for the chance at one single shot. Their prey can see in the dark better than a human can see in the day time, has a sense of smell comparable to that of a bloodhound, has hearing similar to a dog’s, and can hit 35 m.p.h. and clear a 6 foot fence from a standing jump.
These men possess skills and abilities of stealth and marksmanship that are the envy even of highly trained police and military snipers.
These men are also typically conservative, Christian, and politically opinionated.
So, I have to ask. What’s going to happen when these average guys decide to start hunting two-legged game?

The exact same men that won the revolutionary war the first time. Men that could nail a squirrel from 150 yards.

LibertyEagle
06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Is it wise for them to be advertising themselves like this?

nobody's_hero
06-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I can't get the video to work at the moment.

silverhawks
06-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Fantastic clip; but watch it get pulled from YT due to a copyright infringement claim due to the soundtrack.

Sandman33
06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I'd just like to see them in action.

Action alwasy speaks louder than words.

Danke
06-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Que InterestedParticipant: "Controlled Opposition"

nobody's_hero
06-13-2009, 04:27 AM
I'd just like to see them in action.

Action alwasy speaks louder than words.

Many of them are members of Ron Paul meetups and Campaign for Liberty, and have take up an active role in promoting liberty at events around the country. ;)

(Video is working for me now, Youtube is so weird)