PDA

View Full Version : New Official Video w/swear words

Thomas_Paine
09-22-2007, 12:20 PM
What do you think about a this video being on the official site?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoaFYQ-YO64

I really like the video, but I am concerned about the language because this is from the official site.

Shatterhand
09-22-2007, 12:28 PM

I really like the video, but I am concerned about the language because this is from the official site.

I agree. I like the video, but the editors should have known better. Who's running the campaign? Having a swear word in an official campaign video sounds unpresidential and reflects badly on Dr. Paul. It will turn off older voters for sure.

paulpwns
09-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Where is the swear?

you mean ass?

Thomas_Paine
09-22-2007, 12:44 PM
ass is borderline but "shit" is unacceptable for a presidential campaign in my opinion. We better contact HQ about this.

TexMac
09-22-2007, 12:45 PM

I really like the video, but I am concerned about the language because this is from the official site.I think it's a real, honest American talking and an awesome endorsement for RP.

jumpyg1258
09-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Oh noes!!! Swear words are going to doom us all!!!

Some people take things wayyy too seriously. All that video was showing is that a real down to earth American speaking his views and if he swears a few times, it just makes things more authentic.

nexalacer
09-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Heh, I had to listen 3 times to hear it. I'm from California like this guy, and "bullshit" is pretty much part of normal speech out there.

CJLauderdale4
09-22-2007, 01:48 PM
It did strike me as surprising, but isn't going to dampen my day at all, nor my feelings for Ron Paul.

If you don't like it, call the campaign and cordially ask them to edtit the vid...

Thomas_Paine
09-22-2007, 03:10 PM
It did strike me as surprising, but isn't going to dampen my day at all, nor my feelings for Ron Paul.

If you don't like it, call the campaign and cordially ask them to edtit the vid...

Will do...

I FUCKING LOVE PROFANITY, but some do not.

Tin_Foil_Hat
09-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I think it's a real, honest American talking and an awesome endorsement for RP.

There is iron in your words, Keemo Saabee. And that video guy, too! :)

I didn't hear any swear words. Bullshit is not a swear word, it's what Washington has been shovelling out for years.

I love the video.

hard@work
09-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Telling it like it is: always a good thing.

mkrfctr
09-22-2007, 03:31 PM
They should do an obviously poor edit job of someone saying "bull-poop", I'd lol

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-22-2007, 03:42 PM
A victim of collision on the open sea
Nobody ever said that life was free
Sank, swam, go down with the ship
But use your freedom of choice

Ill say it again in the land of the free
Use your freedom of choice
Your freedom of choice

LibertyEagle
09-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Heh, I had to listen 3 times to hear it. I'm from California like this guy, and "bullshit" is pretty much part of normal speech out there.

Maybe, but it certainly is not in the bible belt.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I can't think of a better word to sum up the geopolitical situation right now than 'bullshit'. Maybe I'd add: 'total bullshit'. Complete bullshit. Treasonous, deplorable, genocidal madness paid for with our land, rights, and riches.

apropos
09-22-2007, 04:05 PM
If you guys think profanity won't turn off older voters - who go to the polls in record highs - you are kidding yourselves. It just makes the campaign look low rent and unprofessional.

McDermit
09-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Jesus Christ, people are a bunch of fucking tightasses.

*cough*

I mean.. uhh.. I don't have a problem with the video. It's not like RP is the one swearing, it's just a supporter.

McDermit
09-22-2007, 04:08 PM
If you guys don't think profanity isn't going to turn off older voters - who go to the polls in record highs - you are kidding yourselves.

The old folks I know swear just like the rest of us. Maybe shit's different in Texas, but I grew up in Arkansas and it was pretty commonplace. Old folks scowled when KIDS swore, but amongst themselves and in like company, they were just as bad. And up here (PA/NJ/NY) very few people would even notice, let alone take offense.