PDA

View Full Version : Linking "End the Fed" to terrorism was predicted in this allegorical story.

max
06-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Remember "John" from the Allegory of the Tomato Bubble?

My "philanthropic endowments" to Tomatoville University guarantee that my twisted version of economics is taught to the students. Awestruck by my immense wealth and prestige, most, but not all ("Austrian School"), of the economists at "TU" are eating out of my hands. So, when the town folk read The Tomato Street Journal, or hear Professor Pointyhead speak on TV, my false theories are reinforced in their minds.(Keynesian Theory, "Chicago School")

All, except for John - the critical thinker of T-ville. He figures it all out and embarks upon a one man Internet crusade to expose me, calling me a "counterfeiter", "usurer", "insider trader", "warmonger", and "The Shadow Mayor."

My fellow Country Club members from the media convince everyone that John is "paranoid", and an "extremist" who is a mentally unstable "conspiracy theorist" and potential "domestic terrorist." Most of the town folks defend my intellect and character, and disassociate themselves from John. The others are too burned out by the hustle of life to even make the time to study politics and economics. Eventually, John is denied access to The Tomato Street Journal and throws his hands up in frustration.

Full Story...... www.tomatobubble.com