PDA

View Full Version : George Carlin talks about the Real Owners of the world

Rael
06-11-2009, 01:06 AM
George Carlin - Talks about The Real Owners Video by Roelof - MySpace Video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=27029714)

Brassmouth
06-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah he became incredibly cynical as he aged.

That video reeked of anti-capitalist imagery, btw.

I'm all for criticizing the fascist corporations, but the State is the true aggressor and moral hazard.

idiom
06-11-2009, 02:38 AM
I love how

George Carlin talks about the Real Owners of America

magically morphs into

George Carlin talks about the Real Owners of the World

by the time it gets to the subject line.

BillyDkid
06-11-2009, 06:04 AM
Yeah he became incredibly cynical as he aged.

That video reeked of anti-capitalist imagery, btw.

I'm all for criticizing the fascist corporations, but the State is the true aggressor and moral hazard.
The things is, virtually all of these large corporations work in collusion with the state. The over regulation that is often talked about actually serves in large part as a barrier to entry, stifling competition and preventing anything like real free market capitalism. This over regulation to are large extent serves the interests of entrenched corporations. There are many who have succeeded fantastically in spite of government interference in the economy (largely these are those in new types of businesses involving new technology in which the government has not gotten a deep foot hold) and those who have succeeded fantastically by virtue of their access to the levers of power and their ability fashion legislation that protects their interests.