PDA

View Full Version : I'll be on "Wake Up America" Friday morning, 9AM EST

Bryan
06-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll be on a local talk radio show in the Tampa area on Friday at 9AM EST hosted by the revolutions very own Kurt Wallace. You can listen online too, all details are here: http://www.kurtwallace.com

The plan is to discuss techniques to win people over to our views -- this is a very important topic and I hope the show can stir up some discussion on the matter. I've done a lot of work in this area so I hope the show will be informative but I of course don't have all the answers. Listen if you get a chance, let's discuss, we'll reformulate and then make a stronger impact.

:)

MsDoodahs
06-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Nice!

:)

He Who Pawns
06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I expect to hear a shot out to He Who Pawns. :)

Good luck!

Meatwasp
06-10-2009, 10:41 PM
very good Brian. It would be nice to let people know we are not all a bunch of ultra right wing kooks

Bryan
06-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Bump for a reminder. :) One more in the morning.

I'll be on for a full hour!! :D

Bryan
06-12-2009, 05:55 AM
Bump- on in about 20 minutes. I'll be in the chat room too. :)

malkusm
06-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Awesome, thanks for the heads up Bryan....I'll click on over there now and join the chat.. :)

AdamT
06-12-2009, 06:23 AM
This had better be recorded for those of us who can't listen live!

CaseyJones
06-12-2009, 06:24 AM
woohoo morning chat parteh!!!

FrankRep
06-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Listen Live!

http://wakeupamerica.aubroadcasting.com/?page_id=114

johnrocks
06-12-2009, 06:33 AM
My damn computer had to pick today to lag! grrrr! Please record and post somebody,preeese!!

Cowlesy
06-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Bryan -- the zen buddha of ron paul forums!

Bryan
06-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Bryan -- the zen buddha of ron paul forums!

:) Thanks everyone. I think these issues of how do we present our message are important. I'm interested to hear others thoughts- and any commentary on the interview.

Kludge
06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Oh -- now I see why y'all were in the chat room.

He Who Pawns
06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
link to mp3 or stream needed.

MyLibertyStuff
06-12-2009, 08:21 AM
go tampa woo

Cowlesy
06-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Bryan -- I thought you did an absolutely fantastic job --- extremely articulate and very easy listening.

I think you reached a lot of folks with a great message today.

FREEEEEEEEEDOM! :)

Bryan
06-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks!! I'll talk with Kurt about getting an mp3.

I'm certainly interested to refine how the message of how liberty can best be presented-- I don't have all the answers.

So it's an open question- what works best? What did I present that could be improved upon? Any alternate ideas? What works for you?

Post up. This is important. :)

malkusm
06-12-2009, 09:04 AM
As for suggestions for presenting our message, I discussed this a bit with MsD in the chatroom right when you left -

I think it's very important to paint ourselves as non-partisan, and to stress consistency in your political views and beliefs. When a Republican criticizes the left for spending or bailouts, point out that the right started the whole thing. When a Democrat criticizes the foreign policy of Bush, point out that Obama has not only continued our involvement in the Middle East, but has increased it. Tell people that if it's not ok for the other side to do something, then we can't make excuses when their own side does it. I think if we stay vigilant and make these points, it can slowly bring people who listen to the only logical conclusion, that there is really no difference between the two sides.

ItsTime
06-12-2009, 09:05 AM
darn missed it! cant wait for tube or audio

malkusm
06-12-2009, 09:06 AM
And, as for methodology/channels/outlets for getting that message out, that's not really my forte. Most people on the forums have more creative minds than I do :)

Conza88
06-12-2009, 09:10 AM
As for suggestions for presenting our message, I discussed this a bit with MsD in the chatroom right when you left -

I think it's very important to paint ourselves as non-partisan, and to stress consistency in your political views and beliefs. When a Republican criticizes the left for spending or bailouts, point out that the right started the whole thing. When a Democrat criticizes the foreign policy of Bush, point out that Obama has not only continued our involvement in the Middle East, but has increased it. Tell people that if it's not ok for the other side to do something, then we can't make excuses when their own side does it. I think if we stay vigilant and make these points, it can slowly bring people who listen to the only logical conclusion, that there is really no difference between the two sides.

http://www.mojosonic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/clap.gif

Bryan
06-12-2009, 10:15 AM

Yes- excellent point- basically, don't defend the indefensible. It doesn't work and you lose credibility. This is a major problem if you get blinded by party politics, or mindlessly repeat talking points from some pundit.

Free and honest thinking is key.

Jeremy
06-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Awe man, I wish I knew about this before.

AdamT
06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Tube? MP3?

Cowlesy
06-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Bryan -- Unfortunately I didn't have the volume really high, and was working and half-listening, but like I said before, you did exceptionally well.

One thing that drives me nuts about people talking on the internet, is they get into these huge long sentences. You speak something that has 4 commas in it, and unless its mindnumbingly profound, you lost me after the 2nd comma.

Perhaps unbeknownst to you, you did a great job of "sound-byting" as I call it. You quickly made points, and did not ramble.

To demonstrate what I mean when listening to someone:

"We need to focus people on freedom, because if we do, people will say *Hey, that's a good message* and why doesn't the Republican Party focus on this more since we're the Freedom Party?

versus

The Focus should be on Freedom. <> People love the message of freedom. <> The Republican Party doesn't care about freedom. We all think they should care about Freedom.
--

To me, it's also important to use keywords. "Liberty" is a great word, but too often associated with "Libertarians" which zombies cannot associate with Republicans. "Freedom", on the other hand, screams eagles/flags/red-white-blue and when you can show the party truly ISN'T about FREEDOM, it makes people think.