PDA

View Full Version : More jobs vs better jobs

andrewh817
06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Right now many companies are deciding to either lay off employees, cut wages, or both.

My question is, would you consider an economy in better shape when there are many unskilled, low paying, low benefit jobs, or when there are a few good jobs that require skilled workers (more pay, more benefits)?

Minarchy4Sale
06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I dont like either option.

TastyWheat
06-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I would take the first over the second, depending on the government's role. I'd consider the second scenario slightly worse because those workers without jobs are likely being a drag on those with jobs. In the first scenario, everyone may be just scraping by, but it's from their own sweat.

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Right now many companies are deciding to either lay off employees, cut wages, or both.

My question is, would you consider an economy in better shape when there are many unskilled, low paying, low benefit jobs, or when there are a few good jobs that require skilled workers (more pay, more benefits)?

A laissez-faire economy would provide both as long as they are economically viable, IMHO. :cool:

Vessol
06-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Jobs for the sake of jobs is fucking fail.

We also need to downsize and go back to a more industrial nations. Our standard of living is way to high to maintain and we have to accept that.

torchbearer
06-11-2009, 01:35 PM
more better jobs.

Vessol
06-11-2009, 01:37 PM
more better jobs.

We need more blue collar jobs. We need more ITers and other office workers in a factory producing steel and other exportable goods. That is the #1 problem with our economy, we don't produce close to enough. Our standard of living is way too high as well.

The whole OP's question is broken logic.

torchbearer
06-11-2009, 01:41 PM
We need more blue collar jobs. We need more ITers and other office workers in a factory producing steel and other exportable goods. That is the #1 problem with our economy, we don't produce close to enough. Our standard of living is way too high as well.

I'm creating as much work for other people as my capital will allow.
Zero taxes on businesses would go a long way to helping create more jobs.

My sister just bought a restaurant in New Orleans. I'll be traveling there to help her out in the opening months.
The plan is to franchise out after the first year. Hopefully I will be opening one in Alexandria too. Maybe Natchitoches.
I also employ indie Computer Techs.

This is the way we create prosperity.