PDA

View Full Version : I Have Not Heard RP Comment on the "Politicization" Crticism of HR 1207

anaconda
06-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Since this seems to be the reasoning that is offered up by all of the Congress critters that won't cosponsor, shouldn't RP be taking this one on publicly? Has anyone heard him say anything on this?

brandon
06-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes he has actually responded directly to this criticism in the form of a written press release. I don't have a link to it though, sorry

hugolp
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I think that argument is so ridiculous that he has not. The way I answer that argument is this:

The police needs to be de-politicized. If police is under the authority of politicians it can not do its work properly. So police is going to be completely independent and secretive. Police wont have to tell anyone why the are arresting someone, they know why and that is enough. Making it public could hurt the investigation. They wont inform anyone about who they have deteined. Or where they have someone. Also, policitians wont have a say on the internal fucntioning of the cops and they will independently choose their own structure. Only the president will choose the police chairman every six years. Policiticans wont be able to change the way police operates its monopoly on force because that would hurt its independence to investigate. etc...

This argument leaves people thinking that maybe having a secretive and independent central bank is not that good.

anaconda
06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I think that argument is so ridiculous that he has not. The way I answer that argument is this:

The police needs to be de-politicized. If police is under the authority of politicians it can not do its work properly. So police is going to be completely independent and secretive. Police wont have to tell anyone why the are arresting someone, they know why and that is enough. Making it public could hurt the investigation. They wont inform anyone about who they have deteined. Or where they have someone. Also, policitians wont have a say on the internal fucntioning of the cops and they will independently choose their own structure. Only the president will choose the police chairman every six years. Policiticans wont be able to change the way police operates its monopoly on force because that would hurt its independence to investigate. etc...

This argument leaves people thinking that maybe having a secretive and independent central bank is not that good.

But it's a little different from police oversight because prematurely announcing interest rates can impact monetary policy strategy. AND it is important because I think it's the ONLY argument that the Congress critters can seem to find. It seems that it should be in RP's short list of talking points every time he speaks of it in an interview. ( I dunno ).

hugolp
06-10-2009, 02:44 PM
But it's a little different from police oversight because prematurely announcing interest rates can impact monetary policy strategy. AND it is important because I think it's the ONLY argument that the Congress critters can seem to find. It seems that it should be in RP's short list of talking points every time he speaks of it in an interview. ( I dunno ).

And if police says the reason why they are deteining someone it could alert other people or collaborators... Its the same argument, they need to be secretive because of horrible consecuences. You and I know its only to steal.

anaconda
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
And if police says the reason why they are deteining someone it could alert other people or collaborators... Its the same argument, they need to be secretive because of horrible consecuences. You and I know its only to steal.

Sounds good to me. But I still wonder why RP is not more out front on this....

Maybe he wants to hold off and not motivate any of the Congress critters to form a defense to their weak argument, and wants to wait and blind side them if and when the bill gets publicly debated.

Can the Congress bring in expert testimony when debating the bill? Like some Ph.D economists from the Austrian school. I don't know who that would be. Maybe someone from George Mason University? Etc. etc.

anaconda
06-10-2009, 04:50 PM
doing a self bump to see if anyone on eastern time has any thoughts on this before the thread dies.

Mister Grieves
06-10-2009, 05:51 PM
I think Ron Paul is carefully calculating all of the moves he makes as far as what commentary gets attached to this bill, and I have to say, so far he's done a masterful job staying on-topic. He's going for broke and not going to let little distractions derail this.

Bossobass
06-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Ron has indeed responded to this bogus claim.

The most salient point he brings up is the simple fact that the Fed Chairman is appointed by the POTUS. Doesn't get more political than that.

Here's RP's commentary in Forbes, also carried by many other sites:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/15/audit-the-fed-opinions-contributors-ron-paul.html

Bosso