PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on 2 things.....

Revolution0918
06-10-2009, 07:45 AM
So i was arguing with my parents and their friends the other day, they had just gone to see the glenn beck comedy tour thing in denver, and i guess glenn had said something along the lines of that reagan had moved us back towards the right and was for the constitution, and that revolution and using guns 2 get things done was anti american. Well my rents and their friends are str8 neocons, and these 2 things had my head ready to blow off, so i had to get in on the convo. One of my parents friends argument was that "the founding fathers never meant for the second amendment to be what the NRA makes it out to be today"......"it was becuz they had militias so that is the only reason that that amendment was put in place....i wish they would just go the route of some of the countries in Europe and outlaw all guns." I had to step in there and start quoting the founders and inform them that the real purpose of the second amendment was to protect the individual from a tyranical government first, and that it was the last line of defense against losing our freedoms. When it came to reagan i know he doubled the size of the government, but i was pretty wishy washy on my arguments, so if you guys could give me some more info on how shitty he was, id b thankful.