PDA

View Full Version : New Iowa Campaign Chairman

John of Des Moines
09-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Below is an email that was just sent out by the Campaign:

September 21, 2007

I am very pleased to introduce you to our new Iowa Campaign Chairman, Dr. Drew Ivers. The campaign has asked me to work back in Arlington as Deputy Campaign Manager. Drew has a great background that will serve us well as we work towards the Caucus.

Dr. Ivers is a geneticist trained in the Iowa educational system and a Purple Heart honoree for his service in Vietnam. He chaired the state-wide Pat Robertson organization that led to the creation of the initial 1989 Christian Coalition of Iowa (now known as the Iowa Christian Alliance). He has been an Iowa Republican party activist for 30 years and is a four-time Republican National Convention delegate. Dr. Ivers is also a two-time Republican State Central Committee member and served on many Iowa campaigns including those of Roger Jepsen, Terry Branstad, Chuck Grassley, and Ronald Reagan. He also served as Iowa State Campaign Chairman for Robertson in 1988 and Pat Buchanan in 1996 and 2000.

Drew will be getting in touch with you in the next few days to let you know what you can do to help the campaign gear up for the caucus. He is a patriot, is passionate about Dr. Paul and a great guy to work with. Please give him a warm welcome.

Thank you for your great work in the cause of Liberty and Dr. Ron Paul.

With best wishes to you and your family,

Joe Seehusen
Deputy Campaign Manager
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

I have met with Drew and he's someone that fires me up. Yes, he's a "Christian Conservative" but he's a Libertarian as well with Republican credentials. He's got a great deal of Republican party experience and that is something we here in Iowa need.

walt
09-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Awesome. Good luck on your new role Joe.

Alabama Supporter
09-22-2007, 09:17 AM
This appears to be excellent news.

Dustancostine
09-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Wow, It sounds like RP snagged a big one there in Iowa. I know Joe was doing the best he could, but to get a well known Conservative Christian libertarian Republican Veteran Activist is huge.

speciallyblend
09-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Good Luck,I'm in colorado,but if i can help definetly;)

K1RBY
09-22-2007, 11:23 AM
this is super!
great to have a exprienced Iowa insider on board.
best of luck from oklahoma!