PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting on Ron Paul's amazing ripple efect

max
06-10-2009, 07:35 AM
It really is encouraging. Just two years ago, an obscure Congressman decides that a Constitutionalist voice should be heard during the GOP primaries. So he decides to make a symbolic run, with a tiny office and little money.

He was scoffed at and ignored.

Today, his bill to audit the FED has 200 co-sponsors...CNBC is openly talking about a FED audit...Bernanke is shitting himself...the CFL is growing...Rand Paul and Peter Schiff are the political offspring of our movement...Ron Paul is all over TV and will be in "Bruno"....END THE FED will soon be number 1 Bestseller and THE REVOLUTION was already a bestseller

Think about it....Had RP not run in 2007/08....none of this would happened. Where would be today????

There is more to come! Imagine if we get Rand and Schiff in the Senate in 2010! How many other "baby Ron Pauls" will sprout up across America then?

RP and folks like you guys on this forum gave future leaders a shoulder to stand on...But there is plenty of work to be done.

MRoCkEd
06-10-2009, 07:38 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1b/Ron_Paul_Revolution.svg/800px-Ron_Paul_Revolution.svg.png

TER
06-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Funny how many neocons used to tell me 'don't worry' or 'stop being so paranoid' last year when RP was being ignored and ridiculed and the media kept portraying that everything was just dandy.
Now, those same people are the worried ones and it is me who is telling them not to worry. It was hard being hopeful 1 year ago. Now, watching how liberty and truth spreads, it is hard NOT being hopeful. :)

Kraig
06-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I don't really see what has changed. There is definitely some kind of public debate going on largely because of Ron Paul but so far there are no results.

TER
06-10-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't really see what has changed. There is definitely some kind of public debate going on largely because of Ron Paul but so far there are no results.

I would say that even just public debate is progress compared to the media blackout of the past. As for results, I agree that the difference will really be in the polls.

Kraig
06-10-2009, 08:33 AM
I would say that even just public debate is progress compared to the media blackout of the past. As for results, I agree that the difference will really be in the polls.

Well your view of progress is completely different than mine, all I care about is results.

TER
06-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Well your view of progress is completely different than mine, all I care about is results.

Then you may spend much of your life in anxiety.

Kraig
06-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Than you may spend much of your life in anxiety.

What does that have to do with it? If I work as a sales rep I can't say to my boss "yeah I made a large amount of progress getting the word out and I even got our product out there on the biased media". Never mind that I didn't actually get a single sale, but I made progress!

Yeah that's not how it works in the real world, where true results are what counts. So where are our results? I still get buttfucked every time I look at my pay stub and see how much went off to the fed. My dollar is still worth less and less every day. There are still rich people who have nothing to do with me getting rich off my work. I still have to act like a criminal and hide everything I do just to get a fucking plant I choose to smoke for relaxation. Out country is still in (at least) two pointless wars, we haven't closed a single military base in the past few years yet we've opened a few new ones. Government spending has only skyrocketed.

Oh but Ron Paul is more popular now and easier to find on youtube. What does that have to do with the problems I mentioned above? Absolutely nothing. As far as I can see the empire is still steamrolling ahead at full speed.

acptulsa
06-10-2009, 08:49 AM
As far as I can see the empire is still steamrolling ahead at full speed.

Where were you last fall? Where were you when Dubya was promising us war in his 2000 campaign? Where were you when some of us were voices crying in the wilderness? For that matter, where are you now?

RPH is in Illinois, about a third of the way across the country. Out there where people can actually see him and hear him call for liberty...

The Titanic wouldn't turn on a dime. Apply the brakes on a two mile long, four thousand ton freight train in this county and it actually stops in the next one. What do you think this nation is? Do you think it can't have a momentum of its own?

Facts of life. Deal with it. We are.

Kraig
06-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Where were you last fall? Where were you when Dubya was promising us war in his 2000 campaign? Where were you when some of us were voices crying in the wilderness? For that matter, where are you now?

RPH is in Illinois, about a third of the way across the country. Out there where people can actually see him and hear him call for liberty...

The Titanic wouldn't turn on a dime. Apply the brakes on a two mile long, four thousand ton freight train in this county and it actually stops in the next one. What do you think this nation is? Do you think it can't have a momentum of its own?

Facts of life. Deal with it. We are.

So it's my fault now? Typical.

What do I think this nation is? I think it's a nation that is about to die.

acptulsa
06-10-2009, 08:56 AM
So it's my fault now? Typical.

What's your fault and what's typical? Other than the lack of a 'what can I do to help?' that is.

What do I think this nation is? I think it's a nation that is about to die.

You may be right. And then? What rises from the ashes? A Phoenix or a vulture?

That part is still up to us. The untimely death of the United States won't stop the clock. Will we have a say in what's next?

After that one thread you started, you're bound to get talked to the way the ant talked to the grasshopper. What did you expect? Lead, follow, get out of the way--whatever. But please stop pissing on our hopes. We don't really need your rain on the parade.

TER
06-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately, decades upon decades of misdirection will not be fixed in just a year or two. This will take time and more suffering. In the meanwhile, we should continue fighting the good fight with hope and determination, using every small victory to supplant that and every setback even more so.

ctiger2
06-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Think about it....Had RP not run in 2007/08....none of this would happened. Where would be today????

And this is why he MUST run for 2012. Whether he wins the election or not, he'll wake even more people up and that is a win in itself.

max
06-10-2009, 09:07 AM
What does that have to do with it? If I work as a sales rep I can't say to my boss "yeah I made a large amount of progress getting the word out and I even got our product out there on the biased media". Never mind that I didn't actually get a single sale, but I made progress!

Do not be troubled. Some products / services require a long selling cycle, with multiple parties needing to sign off before you make a commission.

It is true, that we are far from closing the deal....but the point of my post is to be encouraged.... We are way past "cold calling" and have finally gotten past the secrataries. We are at least are on the verge of being able to give an actual "sales presentation".....a far cry from the "Google Ron Paul" days.

The war is FAR from won and we are still the underdogs...but I believe as the economny worsens, it's going to get easier for us to get from point B to C than it was getting from A to B.

This should inspire us to work harder.

To use a footbal anology, we have gotten off of our own goal line and made to our 40 yard line....A good accomplishment...but many hard yards still to be won as the defense steps their game up....Beware of new quarterbacks seeking to take over our offense and then deliberately throe interceptions (Sanford, Perry, Palin, Jindal, Pawlenty)

max
06-10-2009, 09:10 AM
And this is why he MUST run for 2012. Whether he wins the election or not, he'll wake even more people up and that is a win in itself.

agreed...

like Maximus in Gladiator...IT MUST BE HIM...whether he wants to or not

Bryan
06-10-2009, 09:10 AM
+1 for max. :) Great posts!

paulitics
06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
It really is encouraging. Just two years ago, an obscure Congressman decides that a Constitutionalist voice should be heard during the GOP primaries. So he decides to make a symbolic run, with a tiny office and little money.

Today, his bill to audit the FED has 200 co-sponsors...CNBC is openly talking about a FED audit...Bernanke is shitting himself...the CFL is growing...Rand Paul and Peter Schiff are the political offspring of our movement...Ron Paul is all over TV and will be in "Bruno"....END THE FED will soon be number 1 Bestseller and THE REVOLUTION was already a bestseller

There is more to come! Imagine if we get Rand and Schiff in the Senate in 2010! How many other "baby Ron Pauls" will sprout up across America then?

RP and folks like you guys on this forum gave future leaders a shoulder to stand on...But there is plenty of work to be done.

Yes, and they are also positioning fake libertarian trojan horses like Sanford in anticipation of libertarianism gaining momentum. This is no different than 1980, or even 2000 with G.W. They know the pendulum is swinging back.

The drawback of too much media on RP is that they can break down what they build up. They can simply dilute and distort the image, and than tear it down. I'm not sure if it is going to work this time, like it has 100 other times with guys like Perot, Buchanan, etc, but I guaranteed they will try.

Kraig
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
We don't really need your rain on the parade.

And how did I piss on your hopes? Maybe there is a difference between piss and a reality check.

max
06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Yes, and they are also positioning fake libertarian trojan horses like Sanford in anticipation of libertarianism gaining momentum. .

yep...I keep warning about phonies like Sanford. Sadly, there are some even on this forum who can't see that buildup of SanfordPerryPalinPawlentyJindal is a hijacking effort by the Establishment.

Sanford is a disgusting Gingrich clone who has attended Bildeberger meetings.

Kraig
06-10-2009, 12:19 PM
The war is FAR from won and we are still the underdogs...but I believe as the economny worsens, it's going to get easier for us to get from point B to C than it was getting from A to B.

Well I agree we are still the underdogs but I'm not so sure it will be easier from here on out. I really don't think we've scratched the surface of the truly difficult work that is ahead of us.

Theocrat
06-10-2009, 12:21 PM

I also think of the many times Congressman Paul has been on the air in contrast to the other GOP candidates since after the elections. The media may have stifled his presence in the race for a season, but, boy, are they cleaving to his words now!

acptulsa
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
And how did I piss on your hopes? Maybe there is a difference between piss and a reality check.

Well I agree we are still the underdogs but I'm not so sure it will be easier from here on out. I really don't think we've scratched the surface of the truly difficult work that is ahead of us.

One is a reality check. Dozens per day is trollish behavior.

But that's o.k. If we can endure the infiltration, misdirection and tireless attempts at demoralization from the neocons, we can endure y'all's as well. Especially since you guys prove anarchy is easy to subvert and requires even more vigilance than minarchy with your every test of our indulgent nature. And don't tell me we're not indulgent until you've been banned.

Kraig
06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes, and they are also positioning fake libertarian trojan horses like Sanford in anticipation of libertarianism gaining momentum. This is no different than 1980, or even 2000 with G.W. They know the pendulum is swinging back.

The drawback of too much media on RP is that they can break down what they build up. They can simply dilute and distort the image, and than tear it down. I'm not sure if it is going to work this time, like it has 100 other times with guys like Perot, Buchanan, etc, but I guaranteed they will try.

I agree, so much so that I am expecting it and waiting for it to happen. Look for people like Glen Beck to lead the way in hijacking the libertarian movement. When the current system collapses I think the only thing that will matter is the numbers of people who both desire freedom and understand the concept well enough not to be tricked into giving it up. This is why I feel it is so important to really teach people the fundamentals of freedom at a philosophical level. Getting a bunch of people in line with the Ron Paul movement just enough get a few votes out of them will do us little good when they whole thing comes down.

Society as america has known it will completely fall apart and I'm hoping that when it does, there will be enough freedom minded people who will be able to sit back and say "we can take care of this ourselves, we don't need your social plans to keep on living" otherwise they will be shackled by the next form of government that replaces the current one.

Kraig
06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
One is a reality check. Dozens per day is trollish behavior.

But that's o.k. If we can endure the infiltration, misdirection and tireless attempts at demoralization from the neocons, we can endure y'all's as well. Especially since you guys prove anarchy is easy to subvert and requires even more vigilance than minarchy with your every test of our indulgent nature. And don't tell me we're not indulgent until you've been banned.

lmao, dozens per day is trollish, fair enough, so maybe you can tell me how many I've posted today?

You are losing it IMO.

reagle
06-10-2009, 01:39 PM
great thread ! max

tribute_13
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM

Ron Paul was merely a catalyst to wake up enough people to cause true change. Enough people are now energized and educated to spread the message faster, efficiently, and with much better results, than one man could ever accomplish.

Thank you Ron Paul for kicking ass and taking names and teaching us to do the same.

max
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Ron Paul was merely a catalyst to wake up enough people to cause true change. Enough people are now energized and educated to spread the message faster, efficiently, and with much better results, than one man could ever accomplish.

Thank you Ron Paul for kicking ass and taking names and teaching us to do the same.

Typhoid Ron!

Even if they quarantine him, the virus has already been unleashed

BillyDkid
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM

Imagine what we would have done without the media censoring and marginalizing us at every turn. Imagine what would have happened if all of America had really had a chance to hear and understand the message.

anaconda
06-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I am pleased to see the Revolution increasingly referred to as "The Ron Paul Wing of the Republican Party"

http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2009/06/05/haley-creating-straw-man/

or various synonyms.

Omphfullas Zamboni
06-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Typhoid Ron!

Even if they quarantine him, the virus has already been unleashed

YouTube - RON PAUL IS A VIRUS - ORIGINAL SONG AND MUSIC VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDSkjWmTy5M)

Sandman33
06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Great thread Max.

And Kraig, the results lie in the sheer number of people waking up, the fact that HR1207 is not only innitiated but is gaining momentum and the fact that Bernanke is resorting to using our tax dollars to hire a lobbyist to lie to us.

Thats results. And with more hard work it can only get better.

Thank you to everyone supporting Ron and spreading the word.

Kraig
06-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Great thread Max.

And Kraig, the results lie in the sheer number of people waking up, the fact that HR1207 is not only innitiated but is gaining momentum and the fact that Bernanke is resorting to using our tax dollars to hire a lobbyist to lie to us.

Thats results. And with more hard work it can only get better.

Thank you to everyone supporting Ron and spreading the word.

But you have to admit that doesn't even scratch the surface of the results we really want. Results like personal freedom and the ability to spend all of our money how we choose.

Sandman33
06-10-2009, 03:36 PM
But you have to admit that doesn't even scratch the surface of the results we really want. Results like personal freedom and the ability to spend all of our money how we choose.

Oh I think that this IS the scratch on the surface my friend. Please allow me to elaborate.

If this bill does not get passed it will ANGER every Ron Paul supporter and it will cause a fuss...a fuss that will surely wake up many more people. It will only add to our cause.

If the bill does get passed and they treat it like the 911 commission did with the 911 investigation by not talking, hiding evidence, and lying....it will cause even more of a fuss.

And if the bill gets passed and the investigation is thorough....you will see just how thin that surface you're clawing at really is....and this will be the result:
YouTube - Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE)

The key to winning is just spreading the knowledge.

anaconda
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh I think that this IS the scratch on the surface my friend. Please allow me to elaborate.

If this bill does not get passed it will ANGER every Ron Paul supporter and it will cause a fuss...a fuss that will surely wake up many more people. It will only add to our cause.

If the bill does get passed and they treat it like the 911 commission did with the 911 investigation by not talking, hiding evidence, and lying....it will cause even more of a fuss.

And if the bill gets passed and the investigation is thorough....you will see just how thin that surface you're clawing at really is....and this will be the result:

Great thoughts. Thanks for the encouraging words.