PDA

View Full Version : My RP Experience

allyinoh
09-22-2007, 07:59 AM
On Wednesday, I went to work a Ron Paul booth at the Delaware County (OH) Fair. We were right across from the John Birch Society booth that I believe was set up by the same couple who set up the RP booth.

We stood there with our Slim Jims and some other information and as people walked by it was a "Hi, how are you? (wait for response) Have you heard of Ron Paul?"

1. Some people thought he was a local guy. Typical response, "Oh, I'm not from around here."

2. A lot of Canadians were there and I couldn't really tell the difference until some of them starting talking.

3. It was a great experience.

I had a lot of people who walked by and said, "I've never heard of him." Which gave me the chance to tell them about him and give them some literature. People were VERY receptive to hearing about him and getting information.

It did help that the JBS was across from us because they had a petition for Congress to Repeal Nafta and keep our jobs here in America. People would sign up for that and get some info and then they would say, "RP is running for Pres, he supports this as well" type of sentence and then they would come over to us.

The booth was set up I believe last Sunday through tomorrow and there are people from all over the Midwest due to the Little Brown Jug that come to the fair which is a great opportunity to get RP's name out there, especially since no other candidate had a booth there!

I honestly feel in my heart that we picked up a good amount of supporters. I even had about 8 people walk by and when asked if they have heard about RP said, "Oh yeah, he's already got my vote." One lady even came up on here own and said, "Oh my gosh Mother, this is the guy who (husbands name) and I looooove! How's he doing? How's the campaign going? We never hear about him!" And on and on... We filled her in and she grabbed all kinds of info and bumper stickers.

It was such a great experience and such an uplifting one as well. I wanted to share with you all my experience and hopefully this thing is happening all over and we can show the big guys that Ron Paul CAN win!

krott5333
09-22-2007, 08:04 AM
thats what I'm talking bout

princessredtights
09-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Our group did a booth at a county fair - it was AWESOME!

People are tired of the politicans who do nothing but increase the tax burden ... and people really DO love the simplicity of the RP message :p

slantedview
09-22-2007, 10:54 AM
awesomeness. thanks for the report.