PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Moran: "I spoke with Bernanke and he is worried about an audit"

MRoCkEd
06-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Congressman Moran (D-VA) said "Bernanke is worried about an audit of the money supply" (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=19613)

On Saturday, a Campaign for Liberty member and I attended the Armenian Festival in Old Town Alexandria on Saturday, June 6th to hand out flyers regarding H.R. 1207.

At the festival, Congressman Moran gave remarks regarding the festival. After he finished, we rushed up to him to ask for his cosponsorship of H.R. 1207.

Congressman Moran replied how he met with Bernanke on Friday, June 5th regarding an Audit of the Federal Reserve. Moran told us that "Bernanke is worried about an audit of the money supply". He did not indicate his cosponsorship, but the fact that two constituents asked him gave pressure.

I hope everyone in Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Reston continue to put pressure onto Moran to cosponsor H.R. 1207.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/img/HR-1207-Action-Image.jpg (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/campaigns/hr1207home.php)

Jeremy
06-09-2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.financialsense.com/resources/fed/images/benbernanke.jpg
"Oops, caught me."

HOLLYWOOD
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Good job on getting the word out on 1207... we need to get these congress critters on video tap/audio when everyone knows, the FEDERAL RESERVE has done many illegal and fraudulent actions.

How about the Fraud of Bernake and Paulson forcing BofA Ken Lewis to accept Merril Lynch or you and other BofA execs will be forced out.

So the question is, The Democrats should be the party forcing 1207 through ASAP. But we see the same difference between both parties, only to protect their OWN empire.

He Who Pawns
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that no matter what we do, somehow some kind of trick is going to be used to prevent 1207 from seeing the light of day.

I guess all we can do is keep pushing, make sure those who have co sponsored don't get bullied to change their support, and be watchful for what the Fed might do to protect itself.

eduardo89
06-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Of course he's worried! no more secret meetings to decide the world's monetary policy, i'd be pissed if someone was trying to take that amount of power from me.

Join The Paul Side
06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Bernanke doesn't want ot go to jail. :D

RonPaulVolunteer
06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
An audit is the least of their worries. An audit is just step one...

Matt Collins
06-09-2009, 01:30 PM
The fact that they are worried about an audit ought to be a HUGE red flag! Why would anyone be worried about an audit? Why would anyone be against openness and transparency of an organization that controls the credit and money supply of the nation?!!?

purplechoe
06-09-2009, 01:35 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/10/15/business/15assess01-600.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_c6BavI0fSJI/SH3GKQwfJkI/AAAAAAAAAM0/e_uBAGwan88/s400/henryandbenny.JPG

Matt Collins
06-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that no matter what we do, somehow some kind of trick is going to be used to prevent 1207 from seeing the light of day.DUH.

You didn't really think they were going to let themselves be audited did you?:rolleyes:

Here is how I see this playing out:
1- It gets neutered in committee and that's the end
2- It gets passed, and the fed sues to tie it up in court saying since it isn't a branch of gov't it's not subject to the gov't audit
3- It passes and the Fed either doesn't cooperate, or just gives intentionally misleading information and no one in the US Gov't cares about it.

Bern
06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
It was obvious when the news came out that they were hiring a lobbyist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=194955).

heavenlyboy34
06-09-2009, 01:55 PM
It was obvious when the news came out that they were hiring a lobbyist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=194955).

Perhaps C4L could hire a "counter-lobbyist"? :confused::o

anaconda
06-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that no matter what we do, somehow some kind of trick is going to be used to prevent 1207 from seeing the light of day.

I guess all we can do is keep pushing, make sure those who have co sponsored don't get bullied to change their support, and be watchful for what the Fed might do to protect itself.

You don't need therapy. This battle has not even begun. The powers that be will pull out all the stops. I think the way to appeal to the Dems and the masses on this is through the bumper stickers of "accountability," "oversight," "class warfare (the inflation tax and bailing out big business and Wall Street and hanging future generations of middle class Americans with the tab)," and being downright in their face to refute the "too big to fail" argument. A possibly useful but non Ron Paulian Lib argument I heard recently was "Too big to fail...Too big to exist!!!!"

He Who Pawns
06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
If it came down to it, Obama could veto the bill.

HOLLYWOOD
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
DUH.

You didn't really think they were going to let themselves be audited did you?:rolleyes:

2- It gets passed, and the fed sues to tie it up in court saying since it isn't a branch of gov't it's not subject to the gov't audit
3- It passes and the Fed either doesn't cooperate, or just gives intentionally misleading information and no one in the US Gov't cares about it.

4. Passes the House, then the Cronie Corrupt, Paid For, US Senators Kill It, just like the Cheap Import Drug Act
5. Obama Vetos on grounds that, "We need to move forward... not dwell on the past" The lord says so...yotta yotta
6. Someone in government pulls National Security
7. Someone erased the tapes, the books were lost in a fire, oh, and that person had a tragic accident. :rolleyes:

Austin
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
DUH.

I think it will get neutered in committee or it will simply not pass in the Senate... :(:mad:

malkusm
06-09-2009, 04:52 PM
STOP BEING PESSIMISTIC :mad: :mad: :mad:

MRoCkEd
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
STOP BEING PESSIMISTIC :mad: :mad: :mad:
don't tell me how to live!

Bossobass
06-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Pushing for an audit, as opposed to "end the Fed" legislation, which has no chance, is the genius of Ron Paul.

Everyone knows the off balance sheet trillions in loans and guarantees stinks like a dead cod, but can't do anything about it but get a headache. Even Bloomberg and NY AG Cuomo got nowhere suing under the FOIA.

Pushing for an audit Bill is genius.

Who would be against an audit? What harm if there is no impropriety? Regular banks are audited all the time.

Cynics, like myself, will say that the Fed will exert pressure on the auditing agency to produce a sham audit, but that is just forcing more crimes, and this time they are not hidden from scrutiny.

When Ron asked about the Fed colluding with foreign CBs, talk of a One World Currency, the Open Market Committee's meeting in secret, etc., Bernanke refused to answer. Bernanke told Ron "You need to take that up with Congress because Congress gave us [the right to secrecy] when it passed the Federal Reserve Act in 1913."

So, Ron did just that.

So, them giving intentionally misleading info will be the same as fashioning their own nooses.

We're talking about enough money here to suspend the income tax for every American for a decade.

Their arguments will be that a)the Fed must remain apolitical, b)that divulging specifics of who got how much on what terms might cause a run on those institutions and destroy the very institutions the loans were designed to save and c) it will undermine confidence in foreign government purchases of US Treasuries and stall the economic recovery plan.

Their Enro Lobbyists team has dirt on all of the crooks who pushed through legislation to fast track the Fed free cash= fueled toxic mortgage, CDS sham, as well as those who pushed through the bailouts for the CDS holders, since AIG had no reserve requirement for those policies because of the Bills pushed through.

They will mount an all out assault in the media and through the lobbyists, who are as liable as the Fed (nothing like hiring those [Linda Robertson] who will also hang if they fail, to assure they'll work hard at the lobbying job), to keep the Fed secret, and give the Fed even more power to boot.

Congress critters are facing reelection campaigns. They know how popular the Fed Hate is among voters and they know how powerful Ron Paul supporters can be if offended on this issue.

Use that. Call them. Visit them. Write them. Tell them you're aware of who Linda Robertson is and what her agenda is. Do it often enough that they know it's a major issue.

We can beat them on this one. For every lobbying effort, we match that with 10,000. No lobbyist can overcome that, and there will be a tally of who voted what regarding HR 1207, so the Reps can't hide.

It's car painting, sign hanging, sign waving, marching, calling, e-mailing, faxing, visiting, where-the-hell's-that-BLIMP time!!!!!

Bosso

Cowlesy
06-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Finally. OUR camel's nose is ALMOST under the tent.

"This is not the time to be complacent!"

Bern
06-10-2009, 06:15 AM
we can beat them on this one.

yes we can!

RonPaulFanInGA
06-12-2009, 03:41 AM
They're scared, finally. Up until now, the only thing I've seen from the Federal Reserve is smugness.

idiom
06-12-2009, 04:02 AM
YAY! Maybe the Entire country is bankrupt and all your money is worthless!

Lets prove to the world that everyone should withdraw everything they can from all American banks including unload their treasuries for whatever they can.

Then all Foreign countries should seize whatever American assets are within their borders.

I can think of a few things they might be scared of.

They won't even release the 'stress tests', possibly because they have no idea what level of chaos might occur if the whole system unwound overnight.

I mean I am for vapourising everybodies life savings as much as the next guy, but the bloodshed that might occur when you do that to Americans? Americans can't even handle it when you don't give them McNuggets on demand.

We can't even see how bad it really is, but we know its pretty bad. Its quite possible that the problems are a magnitude or more worse than we think. We may to a large degree be like Doon Harrow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_of_Ember), telling people we can fix the Generator if only we are allowed to look at it.

Blackouts and power outages are becoming common in Ember. In addition, supplies are dwindling, buildings are crumbling and the city seems to be breaking down piece by piece. On the job in the Pipeworks, Doon explores the tunnels and tries to discover a way to save Ember. He even sneaks into the room containing the giant Generator, but realizes at once that he has no idea how it works, much less how to repair it.

Ya know transparency, while noble, might require a noble reset of the entire country. So be careful what you wish for, at this rate we might just get it.