PDA

View Full Version : Where does Ron Paul rank amongst the greatest Americans EVER?

DFF
06-09-2009, 02:29 AM
We all know he's great, the greatest American patriot alive, but HOW great? I guess this is a bit premature, considering the wrecking ball headed towards the Fed, which would place RP in Andrew Jackson territory, but that hasn't happened - yet. Still, isn't it fair to compare the BALLS of RP to Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, James Madison, and Benjamin Franklin? I mean, the man has literally put his life, and his family's life in jeopardy for the greater good of the REPUBLIC. Ergo, IMO, RP is, regardless of what he achieves in the future, one the bravest, most decent, selfless Americans that ever lived. He's a living legend - PERIOD.

Kludge
06-09-2009, 02:33 AM
This thread is creepy. I think RP would agree.

Omphfullas Zamboni
06-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Watch Ron Paul redirect massive supporter adulation back on to the issues at hand:
YouTube - Ron Paul on C-SPAN (10-12-2007, part 1 of 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMY1f8T4a9w&feature=related)

Objectivist
06-09-2009, 03:53 AM
You're kidding right?

james1906
06-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Ron Paul's mission is to restore and protect the vision of America proposed by greater Americans before him.

olehounddog
06-09-2009, 06:02 AM
The greatest americans are uhknown. Those who gave all and asked for nothing.

CUnknown
06-09-2009, 06:36 AM
I think he's one of the greatest alive today (that we know of). Compared to the great Americans who came before him, it's hard to tell.

Original_Intent
06-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I think many of the founders of the past, if they saw society today, would shake their head in disgust and say "Not worth saving."

brandon
06-09-2009, 07:38 AM
1. Hannity
2. Ron Paul

He Who Pawns
06-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Dr Paul will go down in history as a modern-day "Founding Father"... the man who helped to reawaken the spirit of liberty in America.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Alive today, the greatest, no doubt, but in the vision of history? He'd be lucky to make the top 50.

eduardo89
06-09-2009, 11:14 AM
He's perhaps the greatest living American, and probably the greatest politician of the past 25 years, but he's not quite the greatest American ever....until he's president that is ;)

heavenlyboy34
06-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I prefer to keep Statesmen off the "greatest Americans" list for the most part (as they do not contribute to the real economy or do anything productive in the real world). If we make a list of "greatest American Statesmen", he would of course be in the top 10.

JK/SEA
06-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I think Ron COULD earn himself a place on Mt. Rushmore at the rate things are going. Using donated money of course.

mczerone
06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
This thread is creepy. I think RP would agree.

+1

The answer is that he ranks wherever you want him to. It's subjective, as so many things are.

There is no single answer to this question just as there is no single answer to "what is the best form of security, defense, administration, regulation, or dispute resolution agency?"

mczerone
06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I think Ron COULD earn himself a place on Mt. Rushmore at the rate things are going. Using donated money of course.

Only if a Liberty activist buys the National Park when it's auctioned to pay down outstanding debt.

anaconda
06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
The greatest americans are uhknown. Those who gave all and asked for nothing.

Indeed. And RP would likely be the first to agree with your statement.

anaconda
06-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I prefer to keep Statesmen off the "greatest Americans" list for the most part (as they do not contribute to the real economy or do anything productive in the real world). If we make a list of "greatest American Statesmen", he would of course be in the top 10.

Not true. They can contribute to many economic factors if their inspiration and leadership is embraced in policy. Productivity, for example
( a very real component of the output function ).

t0rnado
06-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Ron Paul is just a person with libertarian views. Even though I support him and agree with him, I wouldn't say he's a great person just because of the views he hold. If his audit of the federal reserve is successful, then he has accomplished something.

Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, and other Americans had accomplishments that towered those of Ron Paul's.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Ron Paul is just a person with libertarian views. Even though I support him and agree with him, I wouldn't say he's a great person just because of the views he hold. If his audit of the federal reserve is successful, then he has accomplished something.

Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, and other Americans had accomplishments that towered those of Ron Paul's.

Pff.. WHAT???

He's not just a man of ideas, he's a Congressman and leader of the biggest movement towards freedom in America's modern history.

heavenlyboy34
06-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Not true. They can contribute to many economic factors if their inspiration and leadership is embraced in policy. Productivity, for example
( a very real component of the output function ).

Actually, you've not disproved my point. A "leader" does not necessarily "create" anything-they simply direct the productive forces. This leader might come up with a unique philosophy for direction, but that still does not make him a member of the productive class. Since a leader cannot understand everything that is happening at any given time, he is at the mercy of the abilities of those he "controls"-as well as random circumstances that occur on a daily basis.