PDA

View Full Version : The new iPhone 3G [S] - The patriot's most powerful tool against tyranny!

RonPaulVolunteer
06-08-2009, 11:32 PM
This new iPhone 3G [S] with VIDEO RECORDING and one-click uploading to YouTube AND geo-location and time-stamping is going to radically empower us to keep a check on abuses of liberty.

Of course, it means they can track US too, with incredible precision :) I think we have the advantage though.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

american.swan
06-08-2009, 11:36 PM
This new iPhone 3G [S] with VIDEO RECORDING and one-click uploading to YouTube AND geo-location and time-stamping is going to radically empower us to keep a check on abuses of liberty.

Of course, it means they can track US too, with incredible precision :) I think we have the advantage though.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

I have a 3G Samsung "Blackjack III". I can record video and use my 3G network OR wifi to upload the videos to youtube by email. I have google maps on my phone.

I'm not exactly sure why this IPhone is really THAT much of an improvement. Sure, I have to go fishing around email to upload short videos. Big Deal.

Knightskye
06-08-2009, 11:37 PM
How's the video quality?

american.swan
06-08-2009, 11:45 PM
How's the video quality?

Which phone? I'm not saying the IPhone is trash. I'm just saying it doesn't seem THAT revolutionary.

Samsung Epix is 0.4 ounces lighter. YEAH!!! Big deal!

Jeremy
06-08-2009, 11:53 PM
The new iPhone also has a video editor.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-08-2009, 11:59 PM
It will be a big deal BECAUSE Apple sells MILLIONS every quarter in the US alone. Sure, other devices can do similar things, but they are not as widespread as this will be.

And the video quality is 640x480 and extremely high quality.

Also, shoot, trim, click one button to upload to YouTube. You watch, you're going to start to see a LOT of videos on YouTube now from this phone alone.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Here's a demo of the video functionality: http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s/video-recording.html#video

american.swan
06-09-2009, 12:05 AM
The new iPhone also has a video editor.

ooooooo Just want I always wanted. a tiny screen for video editing. Can you imagine the joy? ooooooo half of the IPhone's screen is taken up by a keyboard that allows me to SLOWLY type in message on my VIDEO. oooooooo

There a reason I chose to have a phone with a dumb little keyboard built in.

american.swan
06-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Sure, other devices can do similar things, but they are not as widespread as this will be.

Thank you for coming down to earth ;)

american.swan
06-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Here's a demo of the video functionality: http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s/video-recording.html#video

Sorry, I don't have quicktime. Figures.

Kludge
06-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Don't forget about the embedded GPS capabilities!

Woohoo!

american.swan
06-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Don't forget about the embedded GPS capabilities!

Woohoo!

Is this joy because the government can track us easier than they could before OR is what?

Anyone use Google Maps? Want to add me as a contact? Nothing like burning your battery on huge screen and gps running. Awesome!!! Cool!! My battery is nearly gone.

Jeremy
06-09-2009, 12:25 AM
ooooooo Just want I always wanted. a tiny screen for video editing. Can you imagine the joy? ooooooo half of the IPhone's screen is taken up by a keyboard that allows me to SLOWLY type in message on my VIDEO. oooooooo

There a reason I chose to have a phone with a dumb little keyboard built in.

it's not that little actually ;)

Time for Change
06-09-2009, 06:11 AM
They are increasing the memory, battery, features, etc.
Not bad.

I have the first gen and may...just may...get the newer version in 32gig

But tethering is not yet supported by AT&T

if this happens, I am all over it. :D

qh4dotcom
06-09-2009, 10:42 AM
It costs $499 for someone like me who's got an Iphone 3G to upgrade to this newest model. The new customers get to pay $199 for this newest model and only $99 for the standard Iphone 3G. What a rip-off.

No Thanks...besides I already have a video camera and the qik.com application on my Jailbroken Iphone 3G.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-21-2009, 04:40 PM
I must be a prophet.

So today I am driving along the freeway and an idiot in a white SUV come screaming along darting in and out of traffic. I pulled out my brand new iPhone 3G and started recording just as he collided with another vehicle. He tried to blame the other driver. I called 911, got them the video within 2 hours and now they know exactly what happened.

This is exactly what I mean about this new phone. It will just be a matter of days before it's used to protect a patriot.

mediahasyou
06-21-2009, 05:11 PM
This is exactly what I mean about this new phone. It will just be a matter of days before it's used to protect a patriot.

The man detained at the airport for carrying cash (http://ow.ly/foM9) already has used his phone to record his detainment by the TSA. Now he is fighting that case with the ACLU.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-21-2009, 05:17 PM
The man detained at the airport for carrying cash (http://ow.ly/foM9) already has used his phone to record his detainment by the TSA. Now he is fighting that case with the ACLU.

Exactly. But the new video feature is incredible. Nothing like video from a cell phone. I had the state trooper come over and watch it on my computer screen, and he could not believe the video was from my iPhone.

Mandrik
06-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Like our buddy Judge Nap has been saying lately on Freedom Watch, "The camera is the new gun." I don't care what you use to take pictures or video. Make sure you have something portable on you to do this. You'll never know when you'll need it.

phill4paul
06-21-2009, 06:21 PM
You watch, you're going to start to see a LOT of videos on YouTube now from this phone alone.

You watch and YouTube will begin delaying feeds until they are screened.

Mandrik
06-21-2009, 06:31 PM
You watch and YouTube will begin delaying feeds until they are screened.

YT isn't the only place to upload a video. ;)

RonPaulVolunteer
06-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Here's the video... Watch it on YouTube, it's much bigger.

YouTube - Car accident filmed with iPhone 3GS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hVrcvCVOYw)

qh4dotcom
06-21-2009, 07:49 PM
I must be a prophet.

So today I am driving along the freeway and an idiot in a white SUV come screaming along darting in and out of traffic. I pulled out my brand new iPhone 3G and started recording just as he collided with another vehicle. He tried to blame the other driver. I called 911, got them the video within 2 hours and now they know exactly what happened.

Chances are that the driver likely wasn't a patriot and chances are that he screwed you for the next 4 years by voting for McCain or Obama.

I would need to see a patriot bumper sticker, T-shirt, etc. before I would consider acting as a good samaritan.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Chances are that the driver likely wasn't a patriot and chances are that he screwed you for the next 4 years by voting for McCain or Obama.

I would need to see a patriot bumper sticker, T-shirt, etc. before I would consider acting as a good samaritan.

Chances are you're correct. But I don't allow the actions of others to control MY choice to be a good samaritan or not.

Cowlesy
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Chances are you're correct. But I don't allow the actions of others to control MY choice to be a good samaritan or not.

^^

So you think the 3GS is worth it? Can I migrate my existing cell number to AT&T from Verizon (on the offhand chance you might know)?

qh4dotcom
06-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Cowlesy, I had Verizon before I got an Iphone and I was able to keep my existing phone number.

Verizon has a more reliable network than AT&T. So if you don't mind an increase in dropped calls and difficulty placing calls then consider getting an Iphone.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
^^

So you think the 3GS is worth it? Can I migrate my existing cell number to AT&T from Verizon (on the offhand chance you might know)?

Yes you can take your number with you. But as someone else has pointed out, Verizon's network is better. That said, I have never had ANY issues with ATT at all. It will depend greatly on WHERE you live.

Is it worth it? Oh, I have no doubt about it.

Time for Change
06-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Our company uses BOTH ATT and Verizon.
Both work pretty well, but the claim that the V network is better is irresponsible.

Coverage varies greatly from region to region.

I have zero coverage issues anywhere I go with my iphone on att's network, yet others sitting right next to me with the Verizon phones can't get a signal at all.

When the verizon phones are in range, they work great...get just outside the suburbs and it's hit or miss.

It is all a matter of who has the most towers / sites in any particular area and how those sites are tuned.

Time for Change
06-21-2009, 08:59 PM
did you start recording after the incident?
this looks more like the other vehicle went to the shoulder and sideswiped the white POS.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-21-2009, 09:07 PM
did you start recording after the incident?
this looks more like the other vehicle went to the shoulder and sideswiped the white POS.

Nope, recording started about 10 seconds before they collided.

SUV1 = Grey bottom.
SUV2 = black cargo bin on top.

SUV1 was up the ass of SUV2. SUV1 moves to undertake SUV2 and moves right, but at the same time SUV2 moves right to get out of the way of SUV1. SUV1 doesn't slow down, but starts to drive in the right-hand emergency lane and still tries to undertake SUV2. SUV1 thought he was ahead of SUV2 and tries to pull back into the right-hand lane, but clips SUV2 sending SUV2 flying into the left-hand lane. They then both slow down and pull over.