PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Obama on The Colbert Report tonight?

Virginia Libertarian
06-08-2009, 09:16 PM
He ordered Colbert to shave his head because he is broadcasting his show from Iraq for the week and he was joking that he is a soldier now.

And then a 4 star general shaved his head.

Is it just me, or does this make anyone else feel like we are living in completely insane times when Obama does things like this that try to make people think he's a normal joe? It belittles the role he should be respecting

SamuraisWisdom
06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Doesn't bother me one bit. I'm glad Obama has a sense of humor.

Omphfullas Zamboni
06-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Unlike royalty, Presidents were intended to be average Joe's.

BenIsForRon
06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
This show was one of the most incredible moments in the history of television. Especially in "The Word" segment at the beginning, where he was calling out generals for playing golf in the Green Zone. I really think this was a great moment for free speech in this country, showing how much people around the country, even in the military, care about the first amendment.

As for the buzz cut segment, even though Obama is a terrible president/person, that moment had some humor as well. This was an epic show, so Colbert had on the president, it was only appropriate. History will be the judge of Obama, so I'm not worried about him telling a few jokes on a cable show.

KCIndy
06-09-2009, 12:21 AM
He ordered Colbert to shave his head because he is broadcasting his show from Iraq for the week and he was joking that he is a soldier now.

A 4 star general shaved Obama's head?!? Or the 4 star shaved his OWN head? Or... OH! I bet you meant Colbert had his head shaved by a 4 star general.... I get it!! :D

sorry, I just couldn't help it!

libertarian4321
06-09-2009, 04:03 AM

Is it just me, or does this make anyone else feel like we are living in completely insane times when Obama does things like this that try to make people think he's a normal joe? It belittles the role he should be respecting

I thought Obama may have pre-recorded that segment and Colbert just spoke his lines to the taped "Obama."

But live or tape, it wasn't a big deal- it was pretty funny.

angelatc
06-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Why would I want to watch that?

eduardo89
06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
What next, Obama's going to order all of us to shave our heads because it reduces healthcare costs and is better for the environment?

ClayTrainor
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
This was an absolutely awesome episode of colbert.

I love how he declared victory in Iraq, the soldiers all cheered, and colbert is just like "seriously, why are we still here?", and everyone just laughed.

The general comes out later, and stephen says, "Did you hear, i declared victory in Iraq tonight?".

The general says somethign like "It isn't that easy, we still have a lot of work to do".... no one was laughing or clapping.

I think Colbert effectively said, This War is Stupid, bring these people home. GREAT episode!!!! :cool:

mczerone
06-09-2009, 12:27 PM
This show was one of the most incredible moments in the history of television. Especially in "The Word" segment at the beginning, where he was calling out generals for playing golf in the Green Zone. I really think this was a great moment for free speech in this country, showing how much people around the country, even in the military, care about the first amendment.

As for the buzz cut segment, even though Obama is a terrible president/person, that moment had some humor as well. This was an epic show, so Colbert had on the president, it was only appropriate. History will be the judge of Obama, so I'm not worried about him telling a few jokes on a cable show.

On this recommendation, I'll watch the rest of the show.

I turned it off as soon as McCaint's bald head popped on. I found myself laughing at times, and being dumbfounded at the underlying reasoning of some of the humor that seemed to be nothing but moderate-left-nationalist collectivism. It's a problem I often have with Colbert, and one that makes The Daily Show unwatchable (again, without some compelling reason or good review of the comedy).

Both shows really drive the point home that we shouldn't trust the unhealthy relationship between the MSM and the State, but seem to be blind to the solution even when it stares them in the face (e.g. when confessing that the new administration is still torturing and war-mongering, but not blaming the system despite the regime change, or when discovering that government welfare and aid is ineffective at best and usually funding actual violence, but concluding that different managers and more aid is needed instead of realizing that it is the aid system that is broken.

mczerone
06-09-2009, 12:30 PM
What next, Obama's going to order all of us to shave our heads because it reduces healthcare costs and is better for the environment?

I once read a peer-reviewed study that concluded that men who routinely shaved everyday had less incidence of certain cancers.

It will be required not only that you shave your head, but the you do it every day, "for your own good", routinely, as proscribed by Those Who Know Better (TWKB - tm - though IP is a scam, so please use this turn of phrase at your leisure).

eduardo89
06-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I once read a peer-reviewed study that concluded that men who routinely shaved everyday had less incidence of certain cancers.

It will be required not only that you shave your head, but the you do it every day, "for your own good", routinely, as proscribed by Those Who Know Better (TWKB - tm - though IP is a scam, so please use this turn of phrase at your leisure).

I think we'll have to go to the Department of Follicle Health, wait in line for hours, and then be shaven by a licensed civil servant

Austin
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Doesn't bother me one bit. I'm glad Obama has a sense of humor.

This.

Dreamofunity
06-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I give Colbert props for actually shaving his head.