PDA

View Full Version : Here's a typical repsonse from John Q Public

dsantoro
06-08-2009, 08:44 PM
no

KCIndy
06-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Good grief....

Looks like a very articulate and well-reasoned response from someone who is clearly interested in gathering all the information he can before he casts his vote...

The scary thing is.... the person probably *will* vote! :eek:

Chase
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Isn't it usually best to provide the poor soul with anonymity?

sevin
06-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Isn't it usually best to provide the poor soul with anonymity?

That's no fun. We should all send him an email that says "fuck you too." :D

j/k

brandon
06-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Maybe the guy was just having a bad day and didn't feel like reading whatever novel you sent him...

Why get offended so easily?

Danke
06-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Maybe the guy was just having a bad day and didn't feel like reading whatever novel you sent him...

Fuck You!

:D:p

RSLudlum
06-08-2009, 11:17 PM
WOW...8 keystrokes of pure genius rebuttal to your assessment. However, if John Q really knew the power of efficiency in time and labor he would have simply stated: FU :p

raystone
06-09-2009, 03:43 AM
My guess, he doesn't want to be on the email list (maybe someone else signed him up). And there's no opt out in these emails.

Kludge
06-09-2009, 04:00 AM
Perhaps someone should remind skipmrt@oregoncoast.com that if it weren't for people like me and many others attempting to run for public office, we'd all be just as pathetic as he proves with this classy email response to my plea for support.

This isn't 4chan, but perhaps someone should post it over there.

.... Perhaps not.

Pericles
06-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Further proof as to why a good person running for office is an exception.

Most voters get what they deserve (which doesn't bother me as much as taking the rest of the voters with them).

Carole
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
The responder sees your letter as typical of yet another career criminal politician possibly.

Maybe your letter should not so much resemble the typical criminal career politician, but cut straight to the chase. Try telling the reader that he is being "screwed" by the career criminal politicians and then ask him to please help you. :D:D:D

silverhawks
06-09-2009, 08:56 AM

This, as well as: I would like to know why you felt justified in posting up a private citizen's email address, and asking for people to spam it?

Do you think it would do the liberty movement any good if people did email them with what would likely be a chain of articles, lectures and quotations? Or would it make us look like a group wielding the tyranny of the majority if it suits us?

I know its frustrating trying to get these points across to people, Dean, and likely you're going to find that 20% of the people you contact even give a damn - but that 20% is what makes it worthwhile. They will likely do the rest of the work for you by talking to friends, family and co-workers.

As a general rule - expect hostility, ignorance, apathy or people who are (quite rightly) plain disgusted with the state of modern politics in America, and couldn't care less what ANY politician says to them.

Also, if there isn't an opt out on this list, put one in, and apologize for one not being there before: you could even phrase it as "expanding liberty"...that being our sovereign right not to be bothered by government ;)