PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church morons at it again in my area

ceakins
06-08-2009, 03:12 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/archives/170598.asp?from=blog_last3

The funeral for Pfc. Samuel Stone, a Washington national guardsman killed in a traffic accident in Iraq on May 30, will be this week.

But it may be anything but respectful. Instead of love of country, hate may be on the agenda outside the funeral, which is scheduled for Wednesday in Port Orchard.

A Kansas group that protests the funeral's of those killed in Iraq and Afghanistan now promises to demonstrate outside Stone's funeral on Wednesday in Port Orchard.

Westboro Baptist Church, the Topeka, Kan., home of www.GodHatesFags.com, is obsessed that those killed overseas were victim's of God's wrath for America's sinful ways. Gay men and women and the nation's acceptance of them are at the root of the protests.

"These soldiers are dying for the homosexual and other sins of America," the church said in a release.

The church has made these threats before. Sometimes someone shows up at a funeral; sometimes, no one does.

The Patriot Guard Riders, a group that families of the fallen invite to funerals, is expected to be at the service to honor Stone and protect his family from protests.

And here's a surprise: Westboro Baptist Church doesn't like the Patriot Guard Riders, either.

South Park Fan
06-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Just have a huge counter-protest against the WBC retards. We did that when they protested our school play and they left after fifteen minutes because they were so outnumbered.

Cowlesy
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Cultists with dark-hearts is all I can deduce.

MRoCkEd
06-08-2009, 04:40 PM
nobody takes them seriously anyway

ceakins
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Just have a huge counter-protest against the WBC retards. We did that when they protested our school play and they left after fifteen minutes because they were so outnumbered.

Even a counter protest would be disrespectful to the family of this soldier. Best to get a bunch of people to make a human wall.

Sandra
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I heard that people were rumouring that Phelps was a child molester a few days before one funeral and Phelps decided not to show up. :D

There may be some merit to that rumour after all.

revolutionisnow
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Half the time they don't show up, other times its just 2 or 3 of them. If you do go just don't let them provoke you or anyone in your group into an altercation. That is how they fund their expeditions, with frivolous lawsuits.

Freedom 4 all
06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Ever get the feeling Fred Phelps posts here? Perhaps using the username Theocrat or Be Franklin?

Theocrat
06-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Ever get the feeling Fred Phelps posts here? Perhaps using the username Theocrat or Be Franklin?

You are a living contradiction of your username.

TonySutton
06-08-2009, 07:16 PM

Have you ever listened to Fred Phelps? Those 2 are tame compared to him.

Wineman77
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
How about a little humor inserted to such a depressing subject.

Enjoy the douchiness!!

YouTube - God hates ****- donnie davies-the bible says (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW4Ym9IS7Ks)

ChaosControl
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
They are scum, I detest them. Anyone who protests at a funeral is absolute scum.

coyote_sprit
06-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I heard that people were rumouring that Phelps was a child molester a few days before one funeral and Phelps decided not to show up. :D

There may be some merit to that rumour after all.

There are some who think that he was a little too loving of his eldest daughter.

heath.whiteaker
06-08-2009, 08:17 PM
these guys are joke.

ChaosControl
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
One of em is gonna have a gay kid one day.

Brassmouth
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM

All the time.

Actually, if you hear them out, the Westboro people understand the Bible, and apply it's principles more consistently than any other Christian sect.

YouTube - Shirley Phelps-Roper Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zSvY2Up2EA)

Religion in all its "glory."

KCIndy
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
There are some who think that he was a little too loving of his eldest daughter.

As messed up as she seems to be in the TV interviews I've seen, that wouldn't surprise me at all...

ceakins
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM

No actually I don't. They aren't anywhere near as extreme.

ceakins
06-08-2009, 09:49 PM
All the time.

Actually, if you hear them out, the Westboro people understand the Bible, and apply it's principles more consistently than any other Christian sect.

Religion in all its "glory."

I disagree.

coyote_sprit
06-08-2009, 11:03 PM
As messed up as she seems to be in the TV interviews I've seen, that wouldn't surprise me at all...

You talking about Shirley Phelps? If so she isn't his oldest daughter. His oldest daughter managed to get away from the church.

jrkotrla
06-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Wineman77: I hope that thing was a friggin joke....

Freedom 4 All: even though BeFranklin is on my "ignore" list [[because I have not seen him post a SINGLE comment about ANY subject in which he did not attempt to turn the discussion towards anti-gay something-or-other]] , I still listen to Sandman and Theocrat and they have very good points on many issues. While I don't agree with them on certain things, they have brought up a lot of valid points that I had not previously considered and I appreciate their input. They are nothing like the WBC.

There is a huge difference though between even BeFranklin and the Phelps clan. BeFranklin has bought into, whole heartedly from the many posts of his I did read, the notion that homosexuality is a conscious and willfull choice of those who are discpicable enough to have sexual relations with their own gender for the sole purpose of pissing off BeFranklin's god. The Phelps clan is just being annoying in the hopes that someone hits them or violates their rights so they can sue for money.

Look at what they do, if they were truly interested in saving souls for Christ, they would witness in a manner that attracted members of the "damned" to their holy, healthy lifestyle. instead, the only new members they get are those who are born to their incestuous and abusive clan.

Mark the change from the "God of Wrath" to the "God of Love" over the last few centuries. Is this because God has changed? no. It is only because the catholic church, no longer in control of life from cradle to grave, has lost the power of fear over the population and they now realize they must show people why they must willingly follow GOD instead of scaring them into submission.

The church , from the beginning of time (which is NOT ~6,000 years ago), to the Pharisees of Israel, to the Early Church in Rome, to the Dark Ages (why do we call them that again?) to the Inquisition, to the "salvation" of the Aztecs and Mayans, to the modern day Fred Phelps, has sought, not to lead people to God, but to control the population through fear and intimidation.

I'll leave you the opportunity to google Fred Phelps and learn of the abuse he inflicts upon his family/congregation. Keep in mind, that even those who accept that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true ( I am one of those ), I must acknowledge that the testaments included in the Holy Bible, including those later letters of Paul, were not written by God, but were selected from MANY by a politically inclined council of early church leaders hundreds of years AFTER the death and resurection of the Christ.

The Orthodox Church (more common today in Russia and Eastern Europe) split from the Catholic after the second Ecumenical Council due to, really, nitpicking. Read the history, it is full of people killing each other over the sequece of words in a particular phrase.

However, if anyone of this forum seeks to say that their religion is the "true" religion of God based on the Holy Bible, ask them why we celebrate the birth of the Christ on December 25th (winter solstice, the celebration of the death and rebirth of the sun-god for millenia before Christianity) instead of in early autumn which is the time that historical records point to? Ask them for the origin of Mary Worship, the Saints, Easter, All Hallow's Eve, and the selection of most of the canon. Ask them why King James (of the KJV mis-interpretation) had the Bible written in poetry form.

I believe in the Brethren motto (think back to 13th century Czechoslovakia),. In Essential Unity, in non-essential Liberty, in all things love.

The Essentials are three-fold:

God is God, creator and ultimate master of the Universe
Jesus is the Son of God, who died for our sins and rose again, representing out everlasting life with God [see 1]
The Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God. Unfortunately, God's penmanship was worse even than mine and we must rely on an interpreter who is human and therefore fallible

My religion states that if you accept these, you are saved. Those who state that you must meet xxx criteria to be saved including doing this and not doing that and other behaviours, should examine more close those parts of the Bible that say that Works are not sufficient. and the ALL have sinned. and... well, the Bible is there for you to read

As a Christian, I would encourage you to read the word of God. If I can help you to understand something about God better, I will certainly try to assist you. If I don't know the answer, perhaps we can discover it together, or we will find someone who can show is why "such and such" is true.

God gave us a rational mind. If we don't use it, we are insulting his gift.

BeFranklin
06-08-2009, 11:33 PM

Reported.

The intolerance of, of all things *traditional* American beliefs on this forum seems to indicate some liberals want to force PC values.

Force is the correct term here. If you can't argue with reason your new and unusual ideas, you resort to insults instead. The intent is to form group consenses to harass instead of reason.

This forum has become a sad place when small minded people can't justify their opinions and resort to other means.

Reason
06-09-2009, 12:45 AM
nobody takes them seriously anyway

+1

libertarian4321
06-09-2009, 02:54 AM
This forum has become a sad place when small minded people can't justify their opinions and resort to other means.

No one is stopping your from justifying your opinions.

I wonder if that line will fly right over BeFranklin's head, or if he'll "report" me, too, lol.

angelatc
06-09-2009, 06:44 AM
I am assuming that the bikers will show up to protect the family.

Pennsylvania
06-09-2009, 07:17 AM
I feel genuinely sorry for those people. I can't imagine carrying around that much hate for my entire life.

LibertyEagle
06-09-2009, 10:44 AM
No one is stopping your from justifying your opinions.

I wonder if that line will fly right over BeFranklin's head, or if he'll "report" me, too, lol.

Gang up is just so much fun, isn't it?

---------------------------

To everyone....

Name-calling is against the forum guidelines. So is playing gang up in the harassment of another forum member.

Another moderator has given at least one infraction in this thread already. So, try to stay focused on the topic of the thread please.

ceakins
06-09-2009, 12:02 PM
I am assuming that the bikers will show up to protect the family.

Yes that is planned.

Freedom 4 all
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I apologize. I had forgotten how truly insane Phelps clan was. I was partly joking anyways and did not mean to offend anyone.

NYgs23
06-09-2009, 01:38 PM
"Westboro" isn't a church. It's not even a cult. It's just one sadist who pathologically desires to victimize the rest of mankind and his brood of brainwashed puppets.

V-rod
06-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Their "church" which is made up of only their family members, get almost all of their money from lawsuits. Their traveling around and protesting is just a schtick.

jrkotrla
06-10-2009, 10:46 PM
btw, I may be mis-understanding the principle, but how far can the Phelps clan go before what they are doing is considered as "fighting words" ala Chaplinsky v New Hampshire thus negating their 1st amendment protections on free speech?

as they go around, they only make it more abundantly clear that their entire purpose is to incite violence against them. Someone will eventually either sue them for breach of peace, or burn them at the stake.

Personally, I'm ok with either.

ok, as much as I think their continued presence is an insult to the bacteria that live off the malodorous fumes of cow-shit, I would have to say that they shouldn't be burned at the stake.

they do get my BP up though.

Brassmouth
06-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I disagree.

I'll bet you do.

Help me out, then.

Tell me what exactly they are doing that their religion does not command them to do.

oyarde
11-04-2010, 02:32 PM

No way Theocrat is Phelps . Theocrat is not that bad .

oyarde
11-04-2010, 02:34 PM
They are scum, I detest them. Anyone who protests at a funeral is absolute scum.

I agree .

LisaNY
11-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I had a young cousin killed in Iraq a few years ago, wbc had his name on their site and were supposed to come to protest but they never showed up.

wizardwatson
11-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I feel genuinely sorry for those people. I can't imagine carrying around that much hate for my entire life.

I apologize. I had forgotten how truly insane Phelps clan was. I was partly joking anyways and did not mean to offend anyone.

"Westboro" isn't a church. It's not even a cult. It's just one sadist who pathologically desires to victimize the rest of mankind and his brood of brainwashed puppets.

Their "church" which is made up of only their family members, get almost all of their money from lawsuits. Their traveling around and protesting is just a schtick.

No way Theocrat is Phelps . Theocrat is not that bad .

I read their blog fwiw. They aren't hate-mongers. They are fundamentalist baptists who believe the end times are imminent. They believe they are doing the work of God warning Americans that God is mad at this nation for its transgressions and is about to "spew us out" via some super volcano/earthquake. They believe their mission is to warn us to repent and obey God before this happens. They also believe they will be led out of this nation right before this happens because when the land starts to "spew us out" from a perceived natural disaster they will still be saying it was God and Americans will demand they be expelled. Once they are out of this nation then this nation is doomed from an even worse and more destructive "spewing".

So in their fundamentalist view they aren't hating you, they are loving you by warning you about the coming disaster and the error of your ways.

furface
11-04-2010, 04:21 PM

And people who cause funerals are somehow considered heroes in our warmongering society. There's a noticeable streak of method to Phelp's madness. He says a lot of crazy things, but the things that drive people up the wall are the things that are essentially true, but forbidden to say these days.

A couple of things he's saying if you weed out all the nuttiness.

1. Don't worship the dead. Good idea. We should honor life instead of glorifying people who kill each other.

2. Offensive speech and political speech go hand in hand. On his SCOTUS case he mentioned something like "I'm against the war" and "You're a war criminal," that you're supposed to choose between those 2 phrases? Some people claim yes, and they're definitely wrong. We're nuts if we think that criticizing wars and criticizing non-drafted soldiers are different things.

BlackTerrel
11-04-2010, 09:04 PM

This. It's not a Church. It's one dude and his extended family.

BlackTerrel
11-04-2010, 09:05 PM
And people who cause funerals are somehow considered heroes in our warmongering society. There's a noticeable streak of method to Phelp's madness. He says a lot of crazy things, but the things that drive people up the wall are the things that are essentially true, but forbidden to say these days.

A couple of things he's saying if you weed out all the nuttiness.

1. Don't worship the dead. Good idea. We should honor life instead of glorifying people who kill each other.

2. Offensive speech and political speech go hand in hand. On his SCOTUS case he mentioned something like "I'm against the war" and "You're a war criminal," that you're supposed to choose between those 2 phrases? Some people claim yes, and they're definitely wrong. We're nuts if we think that criticizing wars and criticizing non-drafted soldiers are different things.

Furface Phelps son of Fred.

furface
11-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Furface Phelps son of Fred.

BlackTerrel, king of the ad hominem. Perhaps you should consider embracing the characteristically Christian trait of trying to understand people you dislike.

BTW, Phelps may be crazy, but he's not stupid. Read his testimony in the Supreme Court and you'll realize that he's a very skilled lawyer, although he was debarred for courtroom antics. His children are mostly lawyers running apparently the law firm he started.

Phelps himself claims to have handled the lawsuit that become the model for Brown v Board of Education. He early work was in civil rights law.

Pericles
11-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Phelps is to Baptists what bin Laden is to Muslims.

furface
11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Phelps is to Baptists what bin Laden is to Muslims.

Phelps is non-violent. Bin Laden uses violence. That makes them very different.

BlackTerrel
11-06-2010, 02:19 PM
BlackTerrel, king of the ad hominem. Perhaps you should consider embracing the characteristically Christian trait of trying to understand people you dislike.

BTW, Phelps may be crazy, but he's not stupid. Read his testimony in the Supreme Court and you'll realize that he's a very skilled lawyer, although he was debarred for courtroom antics. His children are mostly lawyers running apparently the law firm he started.

Phelps himself claims to have handled the lawsuit that become the model for Brown v Board of Education. He early work was in civil rights law.

I have no desire to understand idiots. This is like saying "yeah but Charles Manson is good at math".

At some point the bad outweighs whatever "good" you think you see.