PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Norris: Ron Paul a shining example standing for truth, justice & American way

Bryan
06-08-2009, 10:46 AM
3 amigos who fight for America
Posted: June 08, 2009
1:00 am Eastern

People are always asking me to run for some form of government office. In fact, there are some fans right now on the Internet proposing I run for president in 2012, and they are trying to accumulate 1 million signatures to get the ball rolling.

Of course, I really appreciate their confidence in me, but I have no desire to run for any office. I can get more accomplished for the greater good now than I ever could as an elected official.

I am concerned about the future of our country, and I wrote about it in my cultural manifesto, "Black Belt Patriotism. " I also address my concerns weekly in my syndicated column, available at WND and in various publications across the country. Over the past couple years, we've mobilized in some cases hundreds of thousands for different causes around the nation and world.

Continued:
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100442

MRoCkEd
06-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Nice. If only Chuck endorsed Ron instead of Huck...

Cowlesy
06-08-2009, 10:55 AM
I could live in a Chucktatorship.

He Who Pawns
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
My only problem with Chuck that I know of is all his religious nonsense--wanting the government to impose his religious beliefs on others. This is a problem nearly all religious people suffer from. There are a few exceptions, liberty-minded religious folks who despise certain behaviors like drug use or prostitution, but realize it's up to each person to choose their own way.

I don't know, is Chuck a neocon on foreign policy?

MRoCkEd
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
My only problem with Chuck that I know of is all his religious nonsense--wanting the government to impose his religious beliefs on others. This is a problem nearly all religious people suffer from. There are a few exceptions, liberty-minded religious folks who despise certain behaviors like drug use or prostitution, but realize it's up to each person to choose their own way.

I don't know, is Chuck a neocon on foreign policy?
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28564&page=6&viewID=468303#continueA

Of course, America has some good congressmen, such as Ron Paul. But the fact is those good politicians are few and far between. The majority of them need to be replaced, and the rest of them need our help to do it.

A voter revolution would usher in politicians who make sweeping and radical changes, including disposing of the unconstitutional Internal Revenue Service and replacing it with a "fair tax." These are leaders who genuinely commit to the America established by our Founders, drastically cut government waste, immediately stop pork-barrel spending, reject political perks and lobbyists, quit borrowing from other nations (such as China), cease imperialism and nation building, lessen the flow of so much government aid overseas, and bring back production and pride in American commerce, etc.

Sandra
06-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I know Norris feels religious laws should be imposed from his interviews with Robertson and other televangelists. I also remember thinking, 'he'll never be a Libertarian".

ceakins
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
So where was Chuck when Ron Paul was running for president? Oh ya supporting a candidate that is part of the same problem.

jclay2
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
How can you say Ron Paul is a great politician and then endorse Huckabee. They are polar opposites. Until I get a little more clarification on this one, I am not going to give chuck to much credit.

ctiger2
06-08-2009, 11:48 AM
So where was Chuck when Ron Paul was running for president? Oh ya supporting a candidate that is part of the same problem.

That's the part I just don't get. He talks so highly of Paul but backed Huck. Very Lame! Maybe he can redeem himself in 2012?

ChaosControl
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
You know, just maybe, he learned something and changed his mind. Knowing what he knows now it is entirely possible he would have backed RP instead of Huck.

Y'all need to learn to forget the past and accept people who change, that is of course if he really has changed and isn't just trying to catch onto the supposed increase in popularity of libertarian style thought.

ceakins
06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
If you forget the past, how do you learn from history?

1000-points-of-fright
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
You know, just maybe, he learned something and changed his mind. Knowing what he knows now it is entirely possible he would have backed RP instead of Huck.

Y'all need to learn to forget the past and accept people who change, that is of course if he really has changed and isn't just trying to catch onto the supposed increase in popularity of libertarian style thought.

If he did learn something and change his mind, he should say so. Until then he's just going where the wind blows.

Sandman33
06-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Chuck is a constitutionalist and a damn good American.

Theocrat
06-08-2009, 03:47 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Eric21ND
06-08-2009, 04:00 PM
How can you say Ron Paul is a great politician and then endorse Huckabee. They are polar opposites. Until I get a little more clarification on this one, I am not going to give chuck to much credit.
I agree 100%. Maybe Chuck is on a learning curve, so give him a chance I say. :rolleyes:

FSP-Rebel
06-08-2009, 04:22 PM
He's probably trying to pimp his site to those who are the most internet savvy - RP folks.

Cowlesy
06-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I like Chuck Norris. He's a retired actor and could sit around all day being served daquiris at his huge ranch if he wanted to, but he's trying to get engaged and make a difference. My guess is Norris found Mike Huckabee, who is a pastor and wears his religion on his sleeve...and thought, "Hey I am religious too...he's a Republican and gosh, he seems nice and funny!", and began supporting him.

The way I see it, most Republicans have been so zombie'fied that they don't even consider "Civil Liberties" as part of our platform. Because the MSM's predominant Civil Liberties organization is the ACLU, an organization that most conservatives are taught to distrust from Day 1 (and frankly, I don't trust them still) --- our engaging on issues like Civil Liberties is initially met by zombiecons as some sort of leftist BS.

Chuck though --- I feel like people have reached out to him (NICELY), and he's listened, read and researched. He realizes is fellow Texan Ron Paul is a patriotic American, and Chuck now supports him. Prior to really learning about Ron Paul, I'd be surprised to find Norris really railing against Empire Building like he does now --- I haven't researched, but who knows.

My personal opinion is Norris is an honest guy, and is open to learning about what we think. I think he shares views with us, and the Huckabee people. I am fine with this. That, and the fact that the rumor is that under his beard isn't a chin, but a third fist.

I'm glad he speaks up, and I will spend the time to write him a nice note when I think he's wrong on something.

Cleaner44
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM

This is true. It takes time to clear one's head of the BS that is constantly feed to the American Sheeple. It seems that slowly Norris is coming around and learning. I would never expect him to drop his religious collectivism but he certainly sees Ron Paul for the upstanding man that he is.

SimpleName
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
He supported Huck, but claims Ron Paul to be one of his favorite because he is just like the majority of Americans. They refuse to do the unpopular thing. I know several people that want to stop having the government in their lives. They bitch and complain about it, but then they see Paul isn't doing good in the polls, so they play the same old "Wasting the vote" game. People love to go with the flow and are horrified at breaking away from the clan. Sometimes I lose hope in people altogether. They are too conformist. Chuck is just one of those people.

SamuraisWisdom
06-08-2009, 09:13 PM

I think he's just had a change of heart. I mean, what would he have to gain by swinging to libertarianism just because it's getting popular? He's not a politician or anything. I say be glad that he's supporting our guy because a lot of people will hear his message and maybe a few will even start supporting Paul because of it, and that's nothing to complain about.

KCIndy
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Chuck Norris needs to talk to another Chuck: Chuck Baldwin.

Baldwin is the only religious/evangelical type who really seems to "get it" when it comes to libertarian thought... unlike Huckabee. And Chuck Baldwin was endorsed by Ron Paul.