PDA

View Full Version : RP invites you to the Ron Paul Family Barbecue

qh4dotcom
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Just received this e-mail

Dear Friend,

My family and I have a tradition; we kick off each re-election campaign with a down-home Texas Barbecue for friends and supporters. This year, I hope you can join us.

As the Congressional race for 2010 winds up, I want you to mark Saturday, August 15 on your calendar and hope you can set the date aside to join me in Galveston, Texas, a beautiful part of my home district. I have reserved space in the San Luis Conference Center, located on the Galveston Seawall overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. I am sure you will be as impressed as I am by the hard work and determination my neighbors in Galveston have put into rebuilding after the tragedy of Hurricane Ike.

We plan to enjoy great food, music, special guests and of course, have a lot of fun. Galveston is a great place to visit, and Carol and I are very proud to show it off to you. It is also a wonderful spot to get away for a night or the weekend, so we are working with hotels on the island to secure discounted room rates.

There are two opponents planning to run against me in the upcoming primary. Both are gearing up to attack me for defending the principles you and I hold dear: liberty, limited government and a sensible foreign policy. But, if you help me with a strong show of support, we will take the wind right out of their sails and have a great time while we do it!

Again, please mark August 15 on your calendar. More information about our Barbecue will be coming soon by email and on www.RonPaulforCongress.com. Together, we can make this a tremendous event.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

Bryan
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
See everyone there. :)

acptulsa
06-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I decided many, many years ago I was too smart to do something dumb like drive south in August.

I just may have been wrong about that...

Sandra
06-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I decided many, many years ago I was too smart to do something dumb like drive south in August.

Hey, I live in the most humidity wrapped non moving air in Louisiana. Galveston is windy and way more comfortable!

acptulsa
06-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey, I live in the most humidity wrapped non moving air in Louisiana. Galveston is windy and way more comfortable!

You make an excellent point. At least it's an island!

Ought to visit family in Houston anyway, and I've been wanting to visit the U.S.S. Texas for some time. So, I have plenty of excuses to go and few to get out of it with. I'll see what I can do!

Badger Paul
06-08-2009, 11:15 AM
So Paul is running for re-election to the House. Does this mean he's not going to run in 2012? I think he needs to make his intentions clear for 2012 for the benefit of as Gary Johnson or Mark Sanford and those who would support them. I don't think he can campaign full time for President and still be attentive to his House duties as he would like. It can't be done and we saw last year and year before that it could not be done. Especially when you consider three of the leading candidates (Romney, Pawlenty and Huckabee) can campaign for the job fulltime.

acptulsa
06-08-2009, 11:18 AM
House is a two year term. And I don't think any of us want him to risk his House seat for a shoot-the-moon presidential bid...

Badger Paul
06-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Then he needs to say so, so people who want to work for Johnson and or Sanford can begin to work. They can't start raising money or building an organization until they know what his plans are.

How bad would it look if Johnson decided to run and Paul sudden decided he was interested in running in 2011?

Plus I don't want him spending precious time staying in Washington, voting on some meaningless resolution while the others are out stumping all over Iowa. He spent the least amount of time of any major GOP candidate in Iowa and New Hampshire and it showed.

hotbrownsauce
06-08-2009, 11:24 AM

I heard the only place worse then St. Louis MO is Louisiana.

Gaius1981
06-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Personally, I'd prefer campaigning for Mark Sanford as president in 2012 – he has such a vastly greater chance of actually winning, as he'll draw a far larger amount of conservative/republican supporters. He's younger, with a more presidential appearance, as well. He'd be the first truly stoic and introverted president since Calvin Coolidge.

Danke
06-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Wish this was in the late fall. I don't go outdoors when the temperature gets above 70.

I still might go and watch all the fun going on down below from my hotel room window...

smithtg
06-08-2009, 12:13 PM
better yet, mid august is HURRICANE season!

I guess IKE didnt come until september lol

I live about 35 min from the island, so I hope to go, BUT my wife is due 2 days prior. Since Ron's daughter is my wife's OBGYN, I told her she better not have this babe that day or she 1. will keep Joy aware from the fam, or 2. Joy will have another doc deliver our baby

I vote for an early delivery so we can all go down and enjoy some BBQ, new infant included!

dannno
06-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Personally, I'd prefer campaigning for Mark Sanford as president in 2012 – he has such a vastly greater chance of actually winning, as he'll draw a far larger amount of conservative/republican supporters. He's younger, with a more presidential appearance, as well. He'd be the first truly stoic and introverted president since Calvin Coolidge.

Well half the people here won't support him because of his stance on foreign policy so good luck with that one.

Knightskye
06-08-2009, 12:54 PM
better yet, mid august is HURRICANE season!

That's what I was thinking. Hehe.

Natalie
06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I live about 35 min from the island, so I hope to go, BUT my wife is due 2 days prior. Since Ron's daughter is my wife's OBGYN, I told her she better not have this babe that day or she 1. will keep Joy aware from the fam, or 2. Joy will have another doc deliver our baby

Wow, Congrats! Is this your first child?!

Hmm, I really want to go to the barbecue, but we were sort of planning on going to visit my parents in NY that week. My stepbrother is coming from Russia, and it's the only time I will get to see him. Maybe we can come back on the 14th or something...

ClayTrainor
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM

Sanford = a crafty Neo-Con :(

MRoCkEd
06-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Lew Rockwell will be there:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/027115.html

Perry
06-08-2009, 03:12 PM
This may have been a mistake. Hope there is enough room for the masses.

UnReconstructed
06-08-2009, 06:22 PM

kind of what I was thinking... not that it was a mistake but all the people that could potentially show up. when I first started seeing the headlines for it I was thinking it would be at their home or something... I guess I really wasn't thinking.

that'd be a lota ribs for MR Ron to grill.

smithtg
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow, Congrats! Is this your first child?!

Hmm, I really want to go to the barbecue, but we were sort of planning on going to visit my parents in NY that week. My stepbrother is coming from Russia, and it's the only time I will get to see him. Maybe we can come back on the 14th or something...

third child. Joy Paul delivered my second as well back in 2006. She is a great woman and she has a great dad of course

Knightskye
06-08-2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/assets/images/db_images/db_photo0081.jpg

itshappening
06-09-2009, 06:50 AM

Mark is a bilderberg plant, he talks well but if he got into power he would betray us.

acptulsa
06-09-2009, 06:56 AM

Yeah. Hope the masses have enough sense to bring their own grill and food, too. I would assume this is a smart enough crowd to realize that if they didn't ask for an RSVP, it's because they aren't having it catered. B.Y.O.Beef!

tron paul
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh drool. Texas watermelon is the best. The furious sun makes 'em sweeter than all get-out.

Imperial
06-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Aww I live in the district and I didn't get an email.

But I'll still plan to go, and drag a pretty good bunch with me unless its too full.

smithtg
06-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Aww I live in the district and I didn't get an email.

But I'll still plan to go, and drag a pretty good bunch with me unless its too full.

20 bucks a head but hey you get a good meal and a fun day. Ron may be a congressman, but I doubt he can find the $$ to feed a few thousand lol