PDA

View Full Version : How To Create An Angry American...

Reason
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
YouTube - How To Create An Angry American... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n14znVts-nI)

amy31416
06-07-2009, 10:55 PM
So. Let me ask you guys if there were really all that many of you guys that believed this gov't propaganda when it was being slung around about Iraq?

I was only barely politically involved and working 70 hours/week, so had no time for research, yet this seemed like complete BS as soon as they started spinning it. In my case, it was the whole unsaid notion of pre-emption that really made me skeptical.

Did anyone believe it who didn't, for one reason or another, want to believe it? And why would someone want to believe that? Why don't more people realize that we propped Saddam up many times, supported him, took his side, gave him money--then we kill him.

Is the USA a bunch of mobsters who takes people they fear will turn on them out into a field and shoot them in the back? Is there any way to stop this?

Reason
06-07-2009, 11:01 PM
So. Let me ask you guys if there were really all that many of you guys that believed this gov't propaganda when it was being slung around about Iraq?

I was only barely politically involved and working 70 hours/week, so had no time for research, yet this seemed like complete BS as soon as they started spinning it. In my case, it was the whole unsaid notion of pre-emption that really made me skeptical.

Did anyone believe it who didn't, for one reason or another, want to believe it? And why would someone want to believe that? Why don't more people realize that we propped Saddam up many times, supported him, took his side, gave him money--then we kill him.

Is the USA a bunch of mobsters who takes people they fear will turn on them out into a field and shoot them in the back? Is there any way to stop this?

All you had to do was notice that every single person in Bush staff quit their job and kept having to be replaced... again....and again...

How many attorney generals did he have? 3?

I feel bad for Colin Powell TBH

That UN speech was his greatest mistake of his life...

tangent4ronpaul
06-07-2009, 11:09 PM
All you had to do was notice that every single person in Bush staff quit their job and kept having to be replaced... again....and again...

Agree about CP - he was lied to and made a patsy.

-t

FSP-Rebel
06-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Agree about CP - he was lied to and made a patsy.

-t
Seems about right.

silverhawks
06-07-2009, 11:26 PM
I do not feel one shred of sympathy for Powell.

He is as big a neo-con as the rest of them, who helped to grant an air of legitimacy to an illegal war that has caused thousands of deaths on both sides, and has changed our nation and our world for the worse. His recent endorsement of Obama puts him squarely in the "traitors to the American people" camp for me.

raiha
06-08-2009, 01:46 AM
A million deaths in Iraq...not thousands.

Reason
06-08-2009, 03:25 AM
A million deaths in Iraq...not thousands.

http://www.icasualties.org/

the numbers are staggering with a lot of unknown, so sad.

libertarian4321
06-08-2009, 03:40 AM
YouTube - How To Create An Angry American... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n14znVts-nI)

Crap like this is why many of us have a hard time even calling ourselves Republicans- the party has been so tainted, so badly poisoned, that it may not be salvageable at this point.

Reason
06-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Crap like this is why many of us have a hard time even calling ourselves Republicans- the party has been so tainted, so badly poisoned, that it may not be salvageable at this point.

In no way is this video to blame for the anyone having a hard time calling their self a republican.

It is yet the men in this video that initiated their own actions.

And we elected them.

"If you're looking for the guilty," "You need only look into the mirror."

BillyDkid
06-08-2009, 06:37 AM

Is the USA a bunch of mobsters who takes people they fear will turn on them out into a field and shoot them in the back? Is there any way to stop this?What pisses me off is all the revisionism that came after - that everybody believed Saddam had WMDs and that everybody thought it was a good idea to invade Iraq and that nobody was saying it was going to turn into a nightmare and cost us a trillion dollars. All lies. What also pisses me off - and I believe this constitutes the entirety of why we went over there - is hearing about Dubya saying that he needed to have a war so he could be a war President because that's the only way to be a great President. So a million Iraqis are dead or displaced and a few thousand Americans are dead so that Dubya could be a "great" President.

Danke
06-08-2009, 07:30 AM

I was shocked about our involvement in Desert Storm, and I was in the Military at that time. I thought we learned our lesson with Vietnam.

Working Poor
06-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Bush broke the whole world damm

Reason
09-25-2009, 12:21 AM
bump

devil21
09-25-2009, 12:27 AM

You feel bad for one of the Joint Chiefs that headed up the original Iraq invasion that arguably led to the 9/11? By that I mean the sanctions and constant bombing runs during the 1990s that Ron Paul talked about when he brought the concept of blowback up during the debates. Colin Powell is as big a problem as anyone else and the fact that he was deeply involved in screwing with Iraq, not once but TWICE, leaves me short of empathy for the man.

Reason
09-25-2009, 12:33 AM
You feel bad for one of the Joint Chiefs that headed up the original Iraq invasion that arguably led to the 9/11? By that I mean the sanctions and constant bombing runs during the 1990s that Ron Paul talked about when he brought the concept of blowback up during the debates. Colin Powell is as big a problem as anyone else and the fact that he was deeply involved in screwing with Iraq, not once but TWICE, leaves me short of empathy for the man.

I don't have to agree with someone in order to feel bad for them.

I understand your point :cool:

I feel bad for Ron Paul for having to speak to a brick wall for how many decades now?

I feel bad for Hitler for being so fcked in the head

devil21
09-25-2009, 12:40 AM
So in other words, you feel bad for the people that Colin Powell expressly helped to fuck over through his direct involvement. Is that more accurate? If not then Im having a tough time understanding what it is you "feel bad for" for Colin Powell. He should be in prison. Im not capable of feeling bad for anyone like that.

Lisle16
09-25-2009, 12:43 AM
So in other words, you feel bad for the people that Colin Powell expressly helped to fuck over through his direct involvement. Is that more accurate? If not then Im having a tough time understanding what it is you "feel bad for" for Colin Powell. He should be in prison. Im not capable of feeling bad for anyone like that.

This. Why should we feel bad for someone who aided the war-mongers and interventionist neocons in the Reagan, Bush I, Clinton (early days), and Bush II administrations?

Reason
09-25-2009, 12:45 AM
CP was most likely straight face lied to.

If I had to guess it seemed like he figured this out eventually and tried to distance himself from the neocons asap.

This thread isn't meant to be about CP tho...