PDA

View Full Version : Would Sarah Palin be a respectable VP choice for Ron Paul?

AggieforPaul
06-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Bear with me her. Her neo-con talk during the McCain campaign was unacceptable, but I dont think it reflected any of her personal convictions; it was just what the McCain campaign had prepped her to say. In the cases where she has had a chance to display her convictions, I've been pretty impressed. For example, I find it courageous that she refused to abort Trig, even though she was 42, it was her 4th kid, and she knew Trig would have Down's.

I think she could keep the neo-cons interested in the ticket, and generate a lot of publicity for the ticket. All we'd have to do is have Peter Schiff and Thomas Woods educate her a little about freedom and liberty, and prep her what to say about the causes she doesn't really know much about.

(Only issue is that Ron Paul's kinda old, and if heaven forbid he died in office, I'd rather have someone like Judge Nap or Wayne Allan Root running the country)

Liberty Star
06-07-2009, 09:42 PM
She'd be better than McCain's other VP considertaion, Joe Lieberman.

But most likely no, don't think she has the kind of will to make the kind of apology needed here for her Iraq war spending ( $1.6 Trillion and counting) cheerleading when judgement mattered.

amy31416
06-07-2009, 09:42 PM
She doesn't have the depth, nor the convictions. If she didn't have the fortitude during a presidential campaign to stick to her alleged principles--what do you think she'll do when face-to-face with lobbyists?

I'm sick and fucking tired of people who don't just have elastic principles, but absolutely sell out.

What do you think attracted me to Ron Paul in the first place?

Freedom 4 all
06-07-2009, 09:45 PM
She'd be better than McCain's other VP considertaion, Joe Lieberman.

So would a pee stained homeless person. The only thing that would be worse than that would be the Ghoul.

Liberty Star
06-07-2009, 09:46 PM
So would a pee stained homeless person.

That was an unnecessaruly harsh critique of "a pee stained homeless person" LOL

But I agree with your point.

FSP-Rebel
06-07-2009, 09:47 PM
I fear that Palin has already been thoroughly co-opted by the neoncons. Once you're on board with the war hawk thing, you're done in my book - stick a fork in her.

IPSecure
06-07-2009, 10:09 PM
No.

disorderlyvision
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
what is it with you people and Sarah Palin?
Fxck NO! she wouldn't make a good running mate for Ron Paul! are you on crack?
She is Horrid, and may have a lower IQ than Bush.

Reason
06-07-2009, 10:39 PM
/vomit

tangent4ronpaul
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
As a piece of campaign eye candy - she'd bring votes, and if she could be made to spout the libertarian line, we could seriously move the conservative / Republican movement w/ her on board.

So sure - why not!

-t

FSP-Rebel
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
what is it with you people and Sarah Palin?
Fxck NO! she wouldn't make a good running mate for Ron Paul! are you on crack?
She is Horrid, and my have a lower IQ than Bush.
You are frickin funny!

raiha
06-07-2009, 10:43 PM
:eek:Blerck!!!

tremendoustie
06-07-2009, 11:04 PM
hells no.

anaconda
06-08-2009, 12:29 AM
See also: this recent thread..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=194842

Mini-Me
06-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Yuck. No, because she's already known to be a ditz, so anyone looking for respect or legitimacy in their campaign should not pick her. Heck, Palin was even becoming a liability to McCain's campaign by the end, and we all know how much of a warmongering meathead he was all by himself. If Ron Paul wanted his campaign to be a media circus show about glitz and glamour like most mainstream campaigns nowadays, then sure, he could pick her...but that would open him up to predictable "You're not so different after all!" attacks and undermine his campaign's credibility. I'd like to think there are much more respectable ways to add charm and marketability than by irrevocably undermining our integrity.

Besides, always remember that the Vice President exists for a reason! If Ron Paul were ever actually elected, we need his VP to be someone with strong principles and enough backbone to follow them. Why pick someone who would give the panicked establishment such an easy way to completely nullify newly elected President Paul, by giving him an "unexpected heart attack?"

Someday, somehow, IF Palin ever develops genuine pro-liberty principles and a backbone, then maybe her well-earned neocon airhead reputation would be salvageable enough to back her for some kind of office...but those are a lot of big if's, and she should still never be allowed in a position which could compromise Ron Paul's reputation for personal integrity, honesty, understanding the issues, and focusing on the issues. In other words, she should be eternally disqualified from being a VP pick.

Valene
06-08-2009, 12:38 AM
It is 2 AM and I laughed so hard about that question, I think I woke the neighbors. The day after she was picked as McCain's running mate, a local news reporter posted her high school transcript which I happened to see and was quickly taken down. Her IQ is 83. Duh!

Theocrat
06-08-2009, 12:41 AM
However, Sarah Palin would make a good cheerleader for Congressman Paul's campaign. :D

YouTube - Sarah Palin on Ron Paul and Republican partisanship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A)

BlackTerrel
06-08-2009, 01:18 AM
She's a bit of an idiot but she's nicer to look at than Ron Paul

Eric21ND
06-08-2009, 01:41 AM
We're an intellectual movement; do you really think Sarah Palin belongs with the likes of Dr. Paul, Thomas Woods, Peter Schiff, and Thomas Dilorenzo to name a few?

She comes with a lot baggage...full of clothes and stupidy.

Eric21ND
06-08-2009, 01:43 AM
That might helpful I was voting on one of those punch card ballots with my dick I suppose. :D

libertarian4321
06-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Her neo-con talk during the McCain campaign was unacceptable, but I dont think it reflected any of her personal convictions; it was just what the McCain campaign had prepped her to say.

So this woman is so weak she won't even stand up for her beliefs? That's the person you want one heartbeat from the Presidency.

Or was it a matter of her just being a political whore, willing to "go along?" with the neocons? Again, not the kind of person we need leading the country.

I believe Palin believed most of the neocon crap she spewed during the election, but even if you think that wasn't "the real Palin", she is, at best, a weak political whore willing to bend her beliefs for political gain.

I think we can do better than that, don't you?

BillyDkid
06-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Bear with me her. Her neo-con talk during the McCain campaign was unacceptable, but I dont think it reflected any of her personal convictions; it was just what the McCain campaign had prepped her to say. In the cases where she has had a chance to display her convictions, I've been pretty impressed. For example, I find it courageous that she refused to abort Trig, even though she was 42, it was her 4th kid, and she knew Trig would have Down's.

I think she could keep the neo-cons interested in the ticket, and generate a lot of publicity for the ticket. All we'd have to do is have Peter Schiff and Thomas Woods educate her a little about freedom and liberty, and prep her what to say about the causes she doesn't really know much about.

(Only issue is that Ron Paul's kinda old, and if heaven forbid he died in office, I'd rather have someone like Judge Nap or Wayne Allan Root running the country)
Aside from the fact that this is a woman who has no principles whatsoever and in fact does not even understand the concept of "principle" - would you really want this person or barely marginal intelligence to be one heartbeat away from the Presidency?

angelatc
06-08-2009, 06:54 AM
It is 2 AM and I laughed so hard about that question, I think I woke the neighbors. The day after she was picked as McCain's running mate, a local news reporter posted her high school transcript which I happened to see and was quickly taken down. Her IQ is 83. Duh!

Nice try. They don't give IQ tests in High school.

Original_Intent
06-08-2009, 07:01 AM
No. Bay Buchanan would be a better choice - still not who I would choose, but a better choice.

moostraks
06-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I would not have respect for Paul if he chose her as his running mate. She is a sell out who will say and do anything to advance her own career.

FSP-Rebel
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
I do have to admit that she's ez on the eyes.

ceakins
06-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Not just no, but fuck no.

sparebulb
06-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Would Sarah Palin be a respectable VP choice for Ron Paul?

You don't give Palin enough credit. There is no way that even a low-intellect sham of a neo-con would ever be associated with Ron Paul.

Remember, the neo-cons and the Democrats hate us for our freedoms.

ctiger2
06-08-2009, 09:19 AM
NO!!!

silverhawks
06-08-2009, 09:24 AM
So this woman is so weak she won't even stand up for her beliefs? That's the person you want one heartbeat from the Presidency.

Or was it a matter of her just being a political whore, willing to "go along?" with the neocons? Again, not the kind of person we need leading the country.

I believe Palin believed most of the neocon crap she spewed during the election, but even if you think that wasn't "the real Palin", she is, at best, a weak political whore willing to bend her beliefs for political gain.

I think we can do better than that, don't you?

This really encapsulates 99.9% of what I think of Sarah Palin.

NO, she would make a TERRIBLE addition to the Liberty Movement, because her presence would switch off at least half the nation to the message of freedom that we are trying to put out there. The moment that they find Palin involved with C4L, it loses credibility to them. We do not need ANY mainstream GOP candidate involved here, because they are ALL as libertarian4321 described - either fully invested in neo-con ideologies, or willing to go along with destruction of liberties in order to get attention and gain power, wealth and influence for themselves.

VIDEODROME
06-08-2009, 10:05 AM
It's hard for me to judge her based on her VP campaign. I mean what is she supposed to do running beside McCain?

What if she directly challenged her running mate on principals? I mean c'mon 2 running mates fighting each other is a ticket doomed to failure.

I think she was in a lose - lose situation and that is why some of her TV interviews were so awkward.

As for her foreign policy it's hard to say if she even had one before being picked for VP. She probably just tried to adopt the general Republican policy at the time.

disorderlyvision
06-08-2009, 10:18 AM
As for her foreign policy it's hard to say if she even had one before being picked for VP. She probably just tried to adopt the general Republican policy at the time.

What do you mean, she could practically see Russia from her back porch, remember:rolleyes:

disorderlyvision
06-08-2009, 10:21 AM
This really encapsulates 99.9% of what I think of Sarah Palin.

The moment that they find Palin involved with C4L, it loses credibility to them.

If Palin got involved with C4L they would lose credibility with me. I would no longer be a member.

acptulsa
06-08-2009, 10:25 AM

Oh, well. Let's put Britney Spears in charge of the whole thing, then. She may kill us all in a nuclear holocaust, but at least males aged 14-35 will watch the State of the Union speech.

Freedom 4 all
06-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Actually come to think of it it's actually not a bad idea. We already have the smart person vote, but we need the retard vote to win. There are a lot of them.

Athan
06-08-2009, 10:34 AM
So let me get this straight. Sarah Palin is a VP, Ron Paul is elected, then he is murdered surprisingly allowing Palin to continue the same bullshit.

Great strategy for liberty man.

Annihilia
06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Get outta town. How did this even reach page 2?

Eric21ND
06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
What do you mean, she could practically see Russia from her back porch, remember:rolleyes:
We could have money bombs to get her a great geography teacher though! :rolleyes:

LibForestPaul
06-08-2009, 04:15 PM
only if he gets to shizzle on her face once a day... a calm president is a good president

LATruth
06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
only if he gets to shizzle on her face once a day... a calm president is a good president

That's a job I'm sure she's qualified for!

Brian Defferding
06-08-2009, 04:21 PM
She's as dumb as a box of rocks. Hell no

Sandman33
06-08-2009, 04:50 PM
She doesn't have the depth, nor the convictions. If she didn't have the fortitude during a presidential campaign to stick to her alleged principles--what do you think she'll do when face-to-face with lobbyists?

I'm sick and fucking tired of people who don't just have elastic principles, but absolutely sell out.

What do you think attracted me to Ron Paul in the first place?

Exactly. She's plastic. No different than Pelosi when it comes to buying her opinions.

SimpleName
06-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh LORD NO! She is an idiot. Plain and simple. This reminds me, did anybody see Barry Goldwater Jr. the other day on Glenn Beck praising Sarah Palin and Bobby Jindal. It made me sick to my stomach. What the hell is the matter with him? He endorses Ron Paul and then associates with Palin/Jindal? Sad...

youngbuck
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
No! It's preposterous that she was even considered as a REAL viable conservative to begin with. People who still look at her as a real conservative candidate are clueless, and by now it's getting to be a little irritating.

libertarian4321
06-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Nice try. They don't give IQ tests in High school.

I don't know about today, but there was a time when IQ tests were given to students and the scores were kept in their official records.

Ms. Palin is about my age, and I know we all had our IQ's tested in school, so its possible hers was too.

Although hers was probably a bit above 83.

bossman068410
06-09-2009, 04:13 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here is my VP pick for the kind Dr. :)

YouTube - The Disastrous Effect of "Safety" Regs on Small Toy Makers (& what this means for Small Farms) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLm867kfZtA)

nobody's_hero
06-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Sarah might make for a good secretary of state. We could send her around the world and everyone would think she's just a really cute girl who couldn't be taken seriously even if she were actually somewhat threatening, which she probably wouldn't be because she has an "awe shucks, don'tcha know" kind of demeanor.

Remember when she tried to act like a big tough hockey mom? Lol.

Minarchy4Sale
06-09-2009, 05:57 AM
No. Her run with McCain means she is for sale.