PDA

View Full Version : The Bilderberg Plan for 2009: Remaking the Global Political Economy

Volitzer
06-06-2009, 05:36 PM
The Bilderberg Plan for 2009:
Remaking the Global Political Economy
by Andrew G. Marshall

From May 14-17, the global elite met in secret in Greece for the yearly Bilderberg conference, amid scattered and limited global media attention. Roughly 130 of the world’s most powerful individuals came together to discuss the pressing issues of today, and to chart a course for the next year. The main topic of discussion at this years meeting was the global financial crisis, which is no surprise, considering the list of conference attendees includes many of the primary architects of the crisis, as well as those poised to “solve” it.

The Agenda: The Restructuring of the Global Political Economy

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.phpcontext=viewArticle&code=MAR20090526&articleId=13738

Republican Senators neuter Federal Reserve Transparency bill
posted by Austin Petersen
Jun 01, 2009

It’s time to pick sides…

While the world watches Susan Boyle lose the top prize and cowers in the wake of the dreaded swine flu, the world financial crisis deepens and worsens. The American people are slowly waking up to fiscal realities as our iconic car dealerships and banking establishments flounder in an ocean of red ink. Everywhere we turn something else blows up, and we can’t seem to find a bottom to the stock market. Prices seem inflated much beyond what government measurements are reporting.

As you are reading this, our entire financial system is being restructured. Now is the time for the American people to wake up and check their premises. We have a golden opportunity now that has not existed for 100 years since the inception of our Federal Reserve System. We can at last open up the books with HR 1207 to audit the monetary base. This would be extremely enlightening as to the depth of the financial crisis the country is in.

HR 1207, the bill to Audit the Fed, now has 179 co-sponsors. Currently the leadership of the two parties has not addressed this legislation until recently. A Senate audit bill that is unrelated to HR 1207 titled “HC-45” was introduced to audit the Fed and was promptly amended to limit the scope. It appears now that a so-called limited government Republican by the name of Richard Shelby did the watering down of the bill. Apparently he has written into the margins of the bill in pencil "with respect to a single and specific partnership or corporation." That means that the scope of the GAO’s audit has been severely limited. This modified version of the amendment does not give GAO authority to look at all of the additional taxpayer risk. Why the secrecy congressmen? Senator Charles Grassley conceded to the amendments, and has therefore shown his stripes as willing to compromise the financial security of the United States citizenry for his own political gain.

It’s time to audit the fed, and for people from all parties and all ideological backgrounds who support openness and sunshine into government policy to support the audit.

http://www.lp.org/blogs/austin-petersen/republican-senators-neuter-federal-reserve-transparency-bill

Fairness For America's Truckers
By Bill Lussenheide
Candidate US Congress CA-49

The open road for truck drivers has long held allure as one of the last bastions for a hard working blue collar American to make an honest living, while driving the highways and byways of America.

With new competition from cross border trucking from Mexico, a job that once would have been thought of as never being "exportable" suddenly is in jeopardy. NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement, provided for an eventual free and open use by Mexican trucks to deliver cargo across the United States. As you will see, this is not just fair and open competition, but rather a rigged game, where American truckers are going to lose out and lose jobs.

Trade is only fair, if all sides play by the same rules. America's truckers must abide by United States rules in regards to workers compensation laws, minimum wage laws, social security taxes etc. Additionally, American truckers buy their diesel fuel here in the United States, and in California, they must pay for expensive very refined diesel that is less polluting.

Additionally, equipment standards are high, and are constantly monitored by the Highway Patrols of our various states. All of these issues mean high expenses for our truckers in doing the job of delivering freight across the country.

With the opening of our highways to Mexican trucking companies comes unfair competition. Consider the fact that diesel fuel is subsidized in Mexico. There is only one oil company in Mexico, PEMEX, a state owned enterprise that seized all foreign assets that had been invested in the Mexican oil fields in 1935. Diesel produced by PEMEX has been as low as HALF the price of diesel for California Truckers. Furthermore, this diesel is far more polluting than California diesel.

A Mexican trucking company, with a rig that has 150 gallon tanks on each side, for a total of 300 gallons of fuel, can range as far as 1800 miles without refueling. Diesel regularly sells for as much as $1.00 a gallon CHEAPER in Mexico than the United States, thus giving a Mexican Trucking company a $300 advantage per load! This would equate unto the entire profit margin for such a run for an American trucking company. Factoring in other factors, which include worker's compensation, overtime, minimum wage laws etc., it will be virtually impossible for American truckers to compete.

Teamster President Jim Hoffa opposes the trucking plan calling it a ""foolhardy, dangerous plan."To support their claim, the union points out that Mexican truckers are not regularly tested for drug use, and no database tracks their driving records. Teamsters also cite conflicting labor policies and lower pay. Additionally, support for this cause is found with the Sierra Club, who has voiced concern about the higher pollution that Mexican diesel fuel will put out.

When elected to US Congress from CA-49, I will fight to abolish NAFTA, and any proposed North American Union. America's truckers can also count on me as a friend to an industry of hard working men and women. I will fight to keep these American jobs for Americans. As a truck driver myself for about a year in my youth, I understand this industry. I am a defender of a profession that keeps America well supplied, and has jobs for Americans!

Bill Lussenheide- Candidate US Congress CA-49

Visit my website at http://www.FaithFamilyFreedoms.blogspot.com

FSP-Rebel
06-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I thought Jimmy Hoffa was dead...

Sandman33
06-06-2009, 07:45 PM
This is fucked up. We need a minute man militia securing OUR border and not killing people in Afghanistan.

LibertyEagle
06-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't know what Austin Petersen is talking about. This is about the 3rd or 4th time that article has been posted on here and the reality is that it is a lie. Ron Paul's bill HAS NO COMPANION, currently. There are many more than just Ron's bill in the works about the Fed and Austin claiming this BS just confuses everyone.

Brassmouth
06-06-2009, 08:54 PM
:rolleyes:

This is the cost of letting Alex Jones associate himself with this movement.

Big tent, my ass. I hope you people are happy.