PDA

View Full Version : www.retakecongress.com has officially launched and we need all of you!

Hamer
06-06-2009, 02:46 PM
We are adding more candidates every day. They have all agreed to sign our contract!

Who is retake congress?

Retakecongress.com is a true grassroots effort by true American patriots that love their country and what it is supposed to stand for as laid out by our founding fathers. We are Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters and activists, just to name a few as well as hard working Americans.

The reason we founded this organization was to start replacing our elected officials that do not obey the constitution with true Statesman that will not only obey our constitution but will also make sure our rights are protected as written in the constitution and follow it to the letter.

We have also gone a step further than any other political group. Every candidate listed on our web site is required to sign a legal contract that states in short that should they not keep their oath to our platform and their oath to the constitution THEY WILL RESIGN their seat in the congress, then and only then do we accept and add these candidates to our website.

Our goal is to restore the congress to where it was meant to be, elected officials that actually work for the people not their own personal gain and the influence of big corporations and special interest groups.

If we are to make real changes for the better of this country we all need to work together to make this happen. Please volunteer to help a candidate on this website.

Please volunteer to help your liberty candidates at www.retakecongress.com

emazur
06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Where it says to help us and register:
http://www.retakecongress.com/component/acctexp/?task=subscribe&usage=1
you should state why a user needs to register and what the effect is of registration. Most people don't like to register for anything, especially if they don't know what they're getting

Hamer
06-06-2009, 10:38 PM
not 1 bump unbelievable. why do I waste my time?

Austin
06-06-2009, 10:45 PM
For each candidate profile, you should add statements that proof their commitment to your standards.

RCA
06-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I've just added this site to the Websites for Liberty portion of my signature.

Thanks for the heads up!

evilfunnystuff
06-07-2009, 01:14 AM
bump

qwerty
06-07-2009, 03:35 AM
BUMP!

:cool:

tpreitzel
06-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Add a section for mandatory interviews and speaking at public events. We, the people, need to see how candidates handle themselves before the public, unfortunately. We're in a war, a war for the minds of the masses and we need the strongest candidates possible.

nayjevin
06-07-2009, 02:22 PM
I couldn't find the contract. Cool concept though!

Hamer
06-08-2009, 02:47 AM
Where it says to help us and register:
http://www.retakecongress.com/component/acctexp/?task=subscribe&usage=1
you should state why a user needs to register and what the effect is of registration. Most people don't like to register for anything, especially if they don't know what they're getting

I believe it states to receive information and updates. How much clearer can it be?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-08-2009, 04:04 AM
I have filled out a candidate profile.

Hamer
06-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Add a section for mandatory interviews and speaking at public events. We, the people, need to see how candidates handle themselves before the public, unfortunately. We're in a war, a war for the minds of the masses and we need the strongest candidates possible.

You can actually find interviews they have done on the candidates webpages.

Hamer
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
I couldn't find the contract. Cool concept though!

The contract is only for candidates once we accept them. The contract we have not released to the public yet.

Hamer
06-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I've just added this site to the Websites for Liberty portion of my signature.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks man

Hamer
06-10-2009, 07:21 AM
BUMP!

:cool:

Thanks

Imperial
06-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I have a list of some 30 or so liberty candidates if you would like, and a list of incumbents for that matter. Many of them I have gone and located the websites for.

Hamer
06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I have a list of some 30 or so liberty candidates if you would like, and a list of incumbents for that matter. Many of them I have gone and located the websites for.

They must register on our site and agree to our platform as well as agree to sign our contract that forces them to resign should they not follow the constitution before we can add them to the site.

Are you in contact with these people?

fr33domfightr
06-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Wouldn't it better to do this as part of the campaign for liberty website? It seems like the goals are the same, but now here comes another website we need to "log" into. It's like we're on a web hunt, and each website started isn't quite good enough...

I would say do it through campaign for liberty. If for some legal reason it can't, because it's a "non-profit" ( 501(c)(4) ), then let's find another way. OK, I see the campaign for liberty does offer a way. This is from their FAQ on their type of organization:

"The Campaign for Liberty is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. A "501(c)(4)" is an organization not organized for profit and operated "exclusively for the promotion of social welfare." It is essentially a tax designation. There are many different tax categories for political organizations, each with its own pros and cons. In our case, the pros include having no limit on the amount that individuals may donate, while cons include a restriction from endorsing political candidates. Those who would like to donate to an organization that can support political candidates should donate to a Poltical Action Committee (PAC) such as the Liberty PAC. Donations to 501(c)(4)'s are NOT tax deductible."

Here's the Liberty PAC website: h ttp://www.libertypac.net/

FF

Hamer
06-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Wouldn't it better to do this as part of the campaign for liberty website? It seems like the goals are the same, but now here comes another website we need to "log" into. It's like we're on a web hunt, and each website started isn't quite good enough...

I would say do it through campaign for liberty. If for some legal reason it can't, because it's a "non-profit" ( 501(c)(4) ), then let's find another way. OK, I see the campaign for liberty does offer a way. This is from their FAQ on their type of organization:

"The Campaign for Liberty is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. A "501(c)(4)" is an organization not organized for profit and operated "exclusively for the promotion of social welfare." It is essentially a tax designation. There are many different tax categories for political organizations, each with its own pros and cons. In our case, the pros include having no limit on the amount that individuals may donate, while cons include a restriction from endorsing political candidates. Those who would like to donate to an organization that can support political candidates should donate to a Poltical Action Committee (PAC) such as the Liberty PAC. Donations to 501(c)(4)'s are NOT tax deductible."

Here's the Liberty PAC website: h ttp://www.libertypac.net/

FF

This site was already planned before the CFL even existed. This is not like we decided, hey let's put up a site and gather emails. This has been in the works for a long time. If you do not want to register that is ok for the only disadvantage will be you cannot get our updates and news letters on our progress and the progress of our candidates.

This site is run and managed by many of the people that founded and organized the revolution march in DC so it isn't like we are new to the revolution.

We are also encouraging our candidates to run either Republican or Democrat based on the best chances in their district to actually win the election. The goal is to get the right people in congress regardless of what letter is next to their name.

If the CFL would embrace this and it would work of course we would be happy to work with them. Will they is the question.

Imperial
06-10-2009, 08:34 PM
They must register on our site and agree to our platform as well as agree to sign our contract that forces them to resign should they not follow the constitution before we can add them to the site.

Are you in contact with these people?

No I just figured you could contact them about seeing if they were interested. The list is constantly growing so I figured you may want to put a use to the list to find more people to gauge candidates' interest. I have the list from the most prominent campaigns to less prominent.

Although most of the websites do have contact emails or forms...

Hamer
06-10-2009, 09:31 PM
No I just figured you could contact them about seeing if they were interested. The list is constantly growing so I figured you may want to put a use to the list to find more people to gauge candidates' interest. I have the list from the most prominent campaigns to less prominent.

Although most of the websites do have contact emails or forms...

You can send us the list at contact@retakecongress.com and we will contact them.

Would you like to help us with retake congress? We can always use more volunteers.

Hamer
06-12-2009, 07:22 AM
time for a bump

Imperial
06-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll finish re-organizing the list tonight and send it over to you.

I'm a little busy right now to dedicate myself fully to anything, but if you have anything specific you need me to do just tell me and I'll see if I can help.

Hamer
06-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I'll finish re-organizing the list tonight and send it over to you.

I'm a little busy right now to dedicate myself fully to anything, but if you have anything specific you need me to do just tell me and I'll see if I can help.

The help I refer too is for the candidates we are listing on our site. They will all need all the help we can give them. More details will come soon.

www.retakecongress.com