PDA

View Full Version : Still using "who is ron paul?" ??

brandon
09-21-2007, 11:18 PM
This sunday we will be chalking my college campus for Ron Paul. I'm not sure what we should write though. I am leaning towards the 'Google "Ron Paul" ' or "who is Ron Paul?", but i am not sure if this is the best way to go. Perhaps something else would be better. Any Ideas?

Paul4Prez
09-21-2007, 11:35 PM
I think it's time to move past "Who is Ron Paul?"

"Google Ron Paul" is fine.

I would get more specific though, something like this:

Register Republican
to
Vote Ron Paul
Primary (your primary date here)

Stop the war
Save the Constitution
Fight for Freedom

Noog
09-21-2007, 11:36 PM
How about, "Ron Paul for President"

itsnobody
09-21-2007, 11:36 PM
I still like "Ron Paul Revolution" gets people interested and gives a message...

leipo
09-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't really like "Google Ron Paul". "Who is Ron Paul?" works better for getting name recognition, IMO.

zebov
09-22-2007, 01:13 AM
We did a mixture of messages: "Google Ron Paul", "Who is Ron Paul?", "Ron Paul for Freedom", "Ron Paul for President", etc. at Purdue campus

In addition to the chalking, we fliered (taped fliers to the ground). Each of these fliers had more specific statements on them (ie. "Who is Ron Paul? Ron Paul has never voted to raise taxes. Find out more Saturday September 22 @ 7pm in ECE117").

You should hold a information session and the chalking and fliering should advertise this information session. For us, this turned out really well and we had ~65 people show up to the session where we showed an intro video on Ron Paul.

Things we learned:
a) Make chalkings SIMPLE (no more than 3-4 words).
b) Make chalking physically large
c) Make chalkings HUGE
d) Make chalkings very very big
e) The larger the chalking, the more attention it grabs
f) Make the chalkings larger than you are even thinking now (seriously, think 6ft letters)
g) CHALK EVERYWHERE! Make it so that NO ONE can walk on campus without seeing at LEAST 10 Ron Paul chalkings.
h) FOLLOW THE SCHOOL RULES FOR CHALKING
i) Couple informational fliers with "Who is Ron Paul" chalkings. This way, people see "Who is Ron Paul" all over the place and then feel relieved when they see the flier explaining a little about him.
j) I strongly suggest using this time to advertise for an information session on Ron Paul where you can just show a video about him and then answer questions.
k) Get LOTS of people to help out. If you have at least a dozen people, you can make a HUGE impact all over campus in ~2 hours.

These are just my suggestions from our Purdue chalking experience. Feel free to modify as you like :)

Let me know if you'd like a copy of the Fliers we printed out. They're pretty simple, but effective.

jblosser
09-22-2007, 01:13 AM
"Choose Liberty - Ron Paul 2008" is my new favorite. It actually communicates something about the issues and has a call to action (choose).

Zydeco
09-22-2007, 01:55 AM
"YouTube Ron Paul" is good

zahirakids
09-22-2007, 07:29 AM
This sunday we will be chalking my college campus for Ron Paul. I'm not sure what we should write though. I am leaning towards the 'Google "Ron Paul" ' or "who is Ron Paul?", but i am not sure if this is the best way to go. Perhaps something else would be better. Any Ideas?

Forget google Ron Paul, who is Ron Paul?, and Ron Paul Revolution.

These first two show Ron Paul as an unknown, and the last connects him with Revolutionaries (ie Terrorists.,)

do Ron Paul for President, Ron Paul 2008, or Ron Paul Hope for America.

RonPaulGetsIt
09-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Vote for Freedom, not Fear - Ron Paul 2008

a little alliteration for the good Doctor

allyinoh
09-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I have been well past the Google Ron Paul and Who is Ron Paul... like someone said it still shows him as an unknown.

I think you'll be fine if you stick to the RP for President, Restore the Constitution-like phrases and you'll be fine!

Sematary
09-22-2007, 07:43 AM
How about - Ron Paul for President?
:rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
09-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Vote for Freedom, not Fear - Ron Paul 2008

Ooohh.... I like that one. :)

Sematary
09-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Ooohh.... I like that one. :)

It's good but it NEEDS to say "for president" in it.

Natalie
09-22-2007, 08:51 AM
My new favorite slogan:

Ron Paul cured me of my apathy.

RonPaulStreetTeam
09-22-2007, 09:22 AM
I say mix it up for sure.
If it is a campus the students will likely see all versions of the flier at some point.
Public outreach with multiple messages on one site is a better idea.

Canvassers for Ron Paul! We Rock!