PDA

View Full Version : Obama's empty words in Cairo

max
06-05-2009, 04:05 PM
This Arab writer nails Obama's empty reconciliatory rhetoric.....

"A Bush in Sheeps clothing"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jun/04/barack-obama-middleeast

BlackTerrel
06-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Cry me a river. These guys wouldn't be happy unless Obama praised Allah and said that Islam is the one true religion... very balanced perspective from the Guardian there :rolleyes:

OrganDonor
06-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Cry me a river. These guys wouldn't be happy unless Obama praised Allah and said that Islam is the one true religion... very balanced perspective from the Guardian there :rolleyes:

Thats a stupid way of looking at anything. Thats not true at all and its not the way they think at all. Out of the three religions, they are the only ones that believe in all three being real. They dont believe Islam is the "one true religion" they believe its the newer one.

We stop intervention, they will be more than happy.

BlackTerrel
06-08-2009, 01:52 AM
What did he want Obama to say "we suck... y'all are awesome"?

Mini-Me
06-08-2009, 02:15 AM
What did he want Obama to say "we suck... y'all are awesome"?

I must assume that you'd just rather troll this forum than actually read the article in question...considering the author was quite plain about what he felt the speech's shortcomings were.

BlackTerrel
06-19-2009, 03:52 AM
I read the article. The author was full of shit. Obama went farther than any President, that's why Israel is in a panic. But instead of being happy this guy at the Guardian whines and whines.

virolai
06-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Obama cited "Cordoba and Andalusia during Inquisition" as an example of religious tolerance. First, muslims dominated most iberian peninsula (today Spain and Portugal) from 8th to 15th century (711-1492). Of course, there were periods of coexistence, even mixing, and periods of intolerance and persecution of christians and jews. Second, the Inquisition was created in Spain in 1478, only 14 years before the muslim power came to an end. And third, i guess he meant Al Andalus, not Andalusia. Al Andalus was the iberian peninsula dominated by muslims, while Andalusia is a today much smaller region in the south of Spain.

Carole
06-19-2009, 07:08 AM
I thought this comment made the most sense.

04 Jun 09, 3:26pm
Madasafish
'A jewish state should not exist.
As a jew, that is my view also. A jewish state = a state built on ethnic cleansing = a state bound to fail because of the hatred and bitterness such cleansing causes. Zionism is a catastrophic mistake for everyone, including jews.