PDA

View Full Version : So why are Tancredo, Huckabee and whoever other guy are still running?

Akus
09-21-2007, 07:50 PM
It was predicted weeks ago that they'd run out of juice and quit any moment now. But August passed and September has only a week or so left and they're still out there. Even that Cox guy that no one knows about.......

What gives?

ItsTime
09-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Huck just got 3 plus mins on Hardball

Green Mountain Boy
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Tancredo's taking matching public funds so that will keep him afloat a little while longer.

kalami
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
"it was predicted weeks ago..."

who predicted this?

Johnnybags
09-21-2007, 07:56 PM
It was predicted weeks ago that they'd run out of juice and quit any moment now. But August passed and September has only a week or so left and they're still out there. Even that Cox guy that no one knows about.......

What gives?

Homosexuality as he kicks his own Lesbian daughter of the house. Newt wants 30 mil to get in, then the debates get crowded, the paper frontrunners complain and Ron is axed out due to Zogby Poll fictitious polls. Its a script they are following. But,its failed already because if they axe Ron out he can just rent a venue on the same night and draw just as many or more than the paper candidates combined.

rajibo
09-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Let them all stay in. The more diluted it is the better it is for Ron Paul.

kylejack
09-21-2007, 07:57 PM
They've got to stick around until January to get the matching funds. Also, Huckabee's had some momentum lately.

RevolutionSD
09-21-2007, 08:00 PM
They've got to stick around until January to get the matching funds. Also, Huckabee's had some momentum lately.

Huckabee has had momentum?
Where? Who?

I know the MSM wants to promote him because he's a CFR insider and they think they can drown out Ron Paul, but I see no support for Huckabee. I mean, where are his meetup groups?

kylejack
09-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Where? Who?

I know the MSM wants to promote him because he's a CFR insider and they think they can drown out Ron Paul, but I see no support for Huckabee. I mean, where are his meetup groups?
He's consistently polling 3% or so, along with Ron Paul. Rank-and-file Republicans looking for alternatives [that are still pro-war] are attracted to Huckabee. This may come as a shock to you, but the average white middle-aged Republican is not a member of Meetup.

RevolutionSD
09-21-2007, 08:05 PM
He's consistently polling 3% or so, along with Ron Paul. Rank-and-file Republicans looking for alternatives [that are still pro-war] are attracted to Huckabee. This may come as a shock to you, but the average white middle-aged Republican is not a member of Meetup.

It's not a shock to me. But do you know ANY Huckabee supporters? I'm just trying to figure out where his "momentum" is coming from, other than the MSM trying to create it.

kylejack
09-21-2007, 08:07 PM
It's not a shock to me. But do you know ANY Huckabee supporters? I'm just trying to figure out where his "momentum" is coming from, other than the MSM trying to create it.

Yes, my father, among others. But I'm working on him daily. ;)

paulitics
09-21-2007, 08:08 PM

Christian right, southerners. He has that good ol' boy charm. I think he hurts CFRED more than Ron.

stevedasbach
09-21-2007, 08:09 PM
He may get a "bump" from the "values voters". However, unless they start donating money, he's going to a hard time capitalizing on all that MSM welfare.

wgadget
09-21-2007, 08:09 PM
When they find out he's pro-illegal immigration, though, they might just change their tune a little bit.

In my book, immigration is THE biggest issue. The war may end anytime (wishful thinking), but these illegals are here to stay.

RevolutionSD
09-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I guess I'm just not in tune with what's going on in the rest of the country. Out here in CA we don't have many "evangelicals", and I don't think anyone knows who Huckabee is here.

wgadget
09-21-2007, 08:14 PM
I went to spy on his campaign two Saturdays ago, and the crowd wasn't all that impressive. About 130, and a good 25% of those were local GOPs and politicians. My bet is another 20% were outsiders like me.

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Tancredo is running for re-election to the House and is using this time as a soapbox (he didn't even file his registration fee to get on the ballot in WV).

Duncan Hunter is running to promote his son's inheriting his Congressional seat (and build the rolodex of supporters for him).

Huckabee keeps getting a reprieve on his campaign. The results of the third quarter fundraising dislosure should be telling--especially with Huckabee v. Brownback.

hells_unicorn
09-21-2007, 08:35 PM

Speaking for myself, I've met only one Huckabee supporter and he's on youtube and his name is Roger, my alter ego. He's eager to meet y'all and give his thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TyHgcGD65Q

RP4ME
09-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Where? Who?

Oh the Christain are prob. gonna endorse him...ugh! He ll be a VP

OURPLAN
09-21-2007, 08:48 PM
My husband grandmother likes Huckabee. She lives in Norfolk, Va. Christian. Pro-Life.

Paulitician
09-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I think Tancredo and Brownback should just drop out. Let's face it, they're totally insignificant when it comes to the race. Add Hunter to the list. Anyone who believes they should be there to dilute the votes needs a reality check. They have 0 support and don't have the potential to garner more support. Plus, they're taking time away from the debates. Also, I think some supporters of Tancredo and Hunter would come to the Ron Paul camp because they agree with his immigration stance and his fiscal conservatism.

I think the line up should be thus: Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani. I don't care about Alan Keyes either way, and I wouldn't mind if Newt Gingrich joined.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-21-2007, 11:42 PM
He may get a "bump" from the "values voters". However, unless they start donating money, he's going to a hard time capitalizing on all that MSM welfare.

"value voters" is as useul as The John Birtch Society endorsing Ron Paul. Not very useful at all...