PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck selling out the Liberty movement?

Mortikhi
06-04-2009, 08:46 PM
http://futurestorm.blogspot.com/2009/06/glenn-beck-publicly-glenn-beck-publicly.html

I havent read or watched the movie. you make the call

Liberty Star
06-04-2009, 08:48 PM
How can an enemy of liberty sell it?
Remember he said in 2007 that getting out of Iraq is worse than supporting slavery.. or something like that. he is a prime neocon tool, unless he has aplogized and has had a change of heart.

Minarchy4Sale
06-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I knew the big gov goons would latch on the statement that AQ was supportive of redneck militias.

What they fail to realize is redneck militias hate tyrants of all stripes...

Time for Change
06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
His wednesday show started with fearmongering over muslims...again...
it's the same old story with these guys.
Snag stories from the forums, run those for a few days, then back to business as usual after his ratings reach the desired level.

I thought some of the crap was funny really.
They guy they were showing was simply stating his hatred of DC politicians...:eek:
Hmmm...:rolleyes:
Sounds familiar...:confused:

CCTelander
06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Beck has never been part of the "Liberty Movement," so how can he sell it out?

amonasro
06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
How can an enemy of liberty sell it?
Remember he said in 2007 that getting out of Iraq is worse than supporting slavery.. or something like that. he is a prime neocon tool, unless he has aplogized and has had a change of heart.

He will never have a change of heart, or be able to maintain any individual, original journalistic integrity while working for FOX news. These guys have an army of writers and producers that decide what goes on the show, they're just the cute puppet that talks well and sells it. That's why they call them talking heads.

For the same reason I worry about Freedom Watch. It's an amazing show, but somehow I can't imagine FOX letting that level of truth being shown on prime time TV. Then again, I can't figure out if FOX is just digging for ratings or actively shilling for the neocons. I think it's probably somewhere in between.

FSP-Rebel
06-04-2009, 09:27 PM
He will never have a change of heart, or be able to maintain any individual, original journalistic integrity while working for FOX news. These guys have an army of writers and producers that decide what goes on the show, they're just the cute puppet that talks well and sells it. That's why they call them talking heads.

For the same reason I worry about Freedom Watch. It's an amazing show, but somehow I can't imagine FOX letting that level of truth being shown on prime time TV. Then again, I can't figure out if FOX is just digging for ratings or actively shilling for the neocons. I think it's probably somewhere in between.
Good points

emazur
06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Beck said this guy said he wanted to team up with "white supremacist militias" to attack the US govt. I do not consider "white supremacist militias" to be part of the Ron Paul ~ libertarian movement. And actually beck gave decent coverage of the MIAC report previously.

Yes, Beck still fears the 'Aye-Rabs', but he also supports dismantling the American overseas empire (though slowly - if I recall I think he said 25 years would be enough time to bring to have completely withdrawn all troops). Also supports cutting off US aid to Israel. Don't know too many other figures (if any) in the media saying such things.

He's not 100% on board with Ron Paul,but he's still pretty good. Hell, he just had a pretty much "no name" guest on the other day from Campaign for Liberty plugging HR 1207 and Creature from Jekyll Island. Where else you gonna find that in the MSM? Don't forget at the Tea Party he also had on a "no name" anti-Fed male guest deliver a speech, and then again aired the clip of the female attendee who said to the tea party saboteur CNN host that this country was run by a Federal Reserve bank, and went further than that by having her on as a guest to boot.

Beck aint selling out the liberty movement. He's the movement's best friend in the MSM (at least until Freedom Watch hits it big). Imperfect, yes, but still an ally.

FSP-Rebel
06-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I see where you're coming from, emazur - and I tend to agree slightly. But, he does have a history of being the controlled opposition. I always reserve hope that he's one of us, but in the mainstream world, there's no telling for sure.

disorderlyvision
06-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Beck gets on my nerves. He says he is for liberty this, and freedom that, but then he rambles for 45 minutes on his radio show about how he doesn't support the legalization of marijuana:rolleyes:

FSP-Rebel
06-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Beck gets on my nerves. He says he is for liberty this, and freedom that, but then he rambles for 45 minutes on his radio show about how he doesn't support the legalization of marijuana:rolleyes:
Reeeaaally? Him and I are now divorced, permanently.

I would advise him to smoke a joint to chill a little...

andrewh817
06-05-2009, 12:01 AM
I don't think a guy on TV can sell OR sell out the liberty movement. The movement doesn't happen with people sitting in front of screens watching commercial propaganda.... it happens when you get up and protest, disobey unjust laws, and spread the message. Don't let Glenn Beck be a deciding factor in this...... it's WAY over his head.

akihabro
06-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Beck said this guy said he wanted to team up with "white supremacist militias" to attack the US govt. I do not consider "white supremacist militias" to be part of the Ron Paul ~ libertarian movement. And actually beck gave decent coverage of the MIAC report previously.

Yes, Beck still fears the 'Aye-Rabs', but he also supports dismantling the American overseas empire (though slowly - if I recall I think he said 25 years would be enough time to bring to have completely withdrawn all troops). Also supports cutting off US aid to Israel. Don't know too many other figures (if any) in the media saying such things.

He's not 100% on board with Ron Paul,but he's still pretty good. Hell, he just had a pretty much "no name" guest on the other day from Campaign for Liberty plugging HR 1207 and Creature from Jekyll Island. Where else you gonna find that in the MSM? Don't forget at the Tea Party he also had on a "no name" anti-Fed male guest deliver a speech, and then again aired the clip of the female attendee who said to the tea party saboteur CNN host that this country was run by a Federal Reserve bank, and went further than that by having her on as a guest to boot.

Beck aint selling out the liberty movement. He's the movement's best friend in the MSM (at least until Freedom Watch hits it big). Imperfect, yes, but still an ally.

Alex Jones attacked him today on this matter.

Gideon
06-05-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't think a guy on TV can sell OR sell out the liberty movement. The movement doesn't happen with people sitting in front of screens watching commercial propaganda.... it happens when you get up and protest, disobey unjust laws, and spread the message. Don't let Glenn Beck be a deciding factor in this...... it's WAY over his head.

I killed my TV over 9 years ago.

Read a good book instead!

Conza88
06-05-2009, 04:11 AM
YouTube - Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U)

Pete
06-05-2009, 04:22 AM
The first time I saw Abdullah in a troll post, he struck me as being a false-flag operation.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=193980

youngbuck
06-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Beck isn't for liberty, and thus can't sell it out. Why do people keep seriously looking to him for some type of example or solution? The confounding and confusion needs to seize.

youngbuck
06-05-2009, 04:51 AM
YouTube - Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U)

And there you go... Why does this punk Beck even come up any more?

tonesforjonesbones
06-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Why are people jealous of Glenn Beck? He is doing a great job spreading the message and the Libertarian National Headquarters is working with him and Judge Napolitano. Glenn Beck is pushing the movement forward. tones

Liberty Star
06-05-2009, 06:28 AM
And there you go... Why does this punk Beck even come up any more?

Because he says economy is making amazing progress, he deserves some credit for his integrity and mental stability:

YouTube - IRAQ - The Real Story, by Glenn Beck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgztL1W1hk&feature=PlayList&p=2D932CC388491A6B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11)

Warning: Graphic content below:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=iraq+war+children&btnG=Google+Search

Pepsi
06-05-2009, 06:30 AM
How is the 9 12 project doing?

malkusm
06-05-2009, 06:32 AM
http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Glenn_Beck

Although, this hasn't been updated in some time.

Liberty Star
06-05-2009, 06:42 AM

I was being overly PC and charitable, you are right. I have felt sorry for him before because of his past mental health issues but the man seems like a habitual media slut.

acptulsa
06-05-2009, 06:47 AM
He can't sell out the liberty movement. He can infiltrate and sabotage it, though.

Tell just enough truth to rebuild your reputation, then shill until your reputation is almost in tatters again. Then repeat.

The only person I see using Fox to beat up the status quo is Matt Groenig. And, yes, that's because The Simpsons makes Murdoch a hell of a lot of money. Go Matt!!

paulitics
06-05-2009, 07:40 AM
I am livid at the B.S. How the hell does this terrorist recruiter spew forth threats of killing 330,000 Americans at what looks like a press conference? If he was a real terrorist, this would never happen like this, he would be captured and put in Gitmo, waterboraded for information, etc.

If we can't even take out a threat like this with billions of dollars, than the whole thing is a fraud. Second, look at Glenn Beck's solemn expression to scare you. He is acting. And then he lies and says that he has been speaking out about AL Quada joining white militias for years. No, he never has said that once. He has talked about growing disenfranchisement, and has several times suggested that those in the RP movement can become threats. This is a new direction he is taking, and is following the script of the Washingon Times without any research.

How ridiculous is the thought of rednecks joining up with Al Quada? This is all psychological warfare to condition the American people to betray gunowners, veterans, libertarians, and conservatives. The had to use Muslims (AL Quada) to condition us to accept torture, kidnapping,etc. Now they will use this on us.

Derek Johnson
06-05-2009, 11:04 AM
YouTube - Promoting HR 2755 End The Fed Glenn Beck Mark Levin Medved (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg8CldSlNj4)

About 1/2 way through this video is a call I made to the Glenn Beck show. Glenn is a study of contradictions, but I saluted him for his blasting of the Federal Reserve Banking System [TM]. He was nicer to me than many other "conservative" talk show hosts typically are.

Beck was completely unaware of a very famous Woodrow Wilson quote, which is an indication to me that he is poorly educated, and likely doesn't read enough [although he is a book author?!?!]...which is typical...toooo much TV

...but if Glenn Beck wants to advocate for free-market, smaller government pricniples like he claims...he should know a little bit about our free market/banking system history.

Other than that I've called in his show a few times to argue for a real 9-11 investigation based on the flaws I see as a mechanical engineer who works on steel framed building structures weekly...and each time he parks me in his call bank for an hour+ and doesn't take my call. This has happened several times. I'd kill him on a 9-11 debate, but he won't come to the fight.

If Glenn Beck wants to mock 9-11 "truthers", then he should at least take a call from someone who is able to articulate how very unlikely gravity-driven symmetrical freefall structural collapses are.