PDA

View Full Version : obamas speaking mannerisms

satchelmcqueen
06-04-2009, 05:15 PM
i hate watching obama make a speech. it the same head movement from one 45 degree looking angle to the other 45 degree looking angle. he never looks forward. it is almost always the same 5 second turn. i try not to watch him at all but the news plays him all the time. look left, look right, look back left,...then right again...and in the same exact spot (teleprompter). not to sound mean, but if played at twice the speed he reminds me of a girl i used to go to school with. she got some kind of disease and it made her head go from side to side and she couldnt help it...much like obama, except hes just an idiot.

end of rant.

Sandman33
06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Fuck his mannerisms....if you study the Occult or the teachings Aleister Crowley. He tought occultists to speak backwards and claimed it vitally important.

Yes we can = Thank you Satan.

YouTube - Obama Thanks Satan - Strange, but True! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gjMHJ8Y90s)

anaconda
06-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Fuck his mannerisms....if you study the Occult or the teachings Aleister Crowley. He tought occultists to speak backwards and claimed it vitally important.

Yes we can = Thank you Satan.

I am only getting "nac ew seY" out of it. If his campaign slogan had been "nataS uoy knahT" I'd be saying the Lord's Prayer!

anaconda
06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
i hate watching obama make a speech. it the same head movement from one 45 degree looking angle to the other 45 degree looking angle. he never looks forward. it is almost always the same 5 second turn. i try not to watch him at all but the news plays him all the time. look left, look right, look back left,...then right again...and in the same exact spot (teleprompter). not to sound mean, but if played at twice the speed he reminds me of a girl i used to go to school with. she got some kind of disease and it made her head go from side to side and she couldnt help it...much like obama, except hes just an idiot.

end of rant.

He stutters uncontrollably without a teleprompter.

Kludge
06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks to whoever corrected the spelling.

satchelmcqueen
06-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks to whoever corrected the spelling.

whut doos that meen?

Bruno
06-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I hate how he holds his thumb and forefinger together in a triangle and waves it forward in circles as he talks.

jrkotrla
06-07-2009, 06:47 AM
YouTube - Michael Shermer discusses Stairway to Heaven message. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nypTBLLu18Q)

stag15
06-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Creepy.

heavenlyboy34
06-07-2009, 08:52 AM

end of rant.

lolz...that's why I prefer to listen to speeches rather than watch the video (including RP's). I can focus on the substance of the text better that way. JMHO. :cool:

Expatriate
06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Have you ever seen him talk without the teleprompters? He's a mess. :D

GW loved the teleprompter too.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/SOU2007.jpg

U.S. President George W. Bush during the 2007 State of the Union. Note the tinted transparent conference teleprompters on either side of his lectern.

YouTube - Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc)

http://www.partypop.com/Images/Vendors/v4080818.jpg

clb09
06-07-2009, 09:33 AM
What if you sent video of a Ron Paul speech to a non-believer and all that person could concentrate on was Dr. Paul's mannerisms?

I don't care about Obama's mannerisms.

I care (worry) about his ideas and his power to implement them.

Expatriate
06-07-2009, 10:02 AM
What if you sent video of a Ron Paul speech to a non-believer and all that person could concentrate on was Dr. Paul's mannerisms?

I don't care about Obama's mannerisms either, but it kind of bothers me that he uses a teleprompter so much. If Ron Paul constantly used a teleprompter it would make me think that he was speaking someone else's opinions and not his own.

"His ideas and his power to implement them" means exactly ZIP if they're NOT HIS IDEAS, don't you agree?

That's what I like about Ron Paul (besides his positions); he seems to be speaking his own opinions from his heart rather than someone else's from a memorized or teleprompted speech. There aren't many politicians like that nowadays.

clb09
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
it kind of bothers me that he uses a teleprompter so much

I hate to be in a position where I am defending Obama but...

Please provide a list of public speakers from any political background who did not read from a teleprompter when delivering prepared and scheduled remarks to a live audience.

I'd love to know who these masters of memorization are!

Expatriate
06-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I hate to be in a position where I am defending Obama but...

Please provide a list of public speakers from any political background who did not read from a teleprompter when delivering prepared and scheduled remarks to a live audience.

I'd love to know who these masters of memorization are!

Ron Paul?

At least I've never caught him using a teleprompter. And I've been to a number of his speeches in front of large audiences where I would have been been able to see it.

There are others, but the position of commander-in-chief seems not to have been filled by one lately.

Perhaps the ubiquity of the teleprompter is something of a problem with modern politics? A lot of politicians seem to have become nothing more than attractive figureheads for powerful groups, implementing others' plans and delivering speeches carefully developed by their handlers.

A teleprompter sure makes it easy to become a good-looking speech-making zombie without being caught.

Sandman33
06-07-2009, 12:59 PM
YouTube - Michael Shermer discusses Stairway to Heaven message. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nypTBLLu18Q)

Aleister Crowley is the most famous occulitist of all time. He constantly pushed his followers to learn to speak, walk, and write backwards. He claimed it to be vitally important.

The Beatles were studyers and followers of Crowley. You can find Crowleys face on the Sgt Pepper album cover.

The Doors

Led Zep.

And countless others all followed him.

BenIsForRon
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Aleister Crowley is the most famous occulitist of all time. He constantly pushed his followers to learn to speak, walk, and write backwards. He claimed it to be vitally important.

The Beatles were studyers and followers of Crowley. You can find Crowleys face on the Sgt Pepper album cover.

The Doors

Led Zep.

And countless others all followed him.

Lots of people were interested Crowley, as he was a very strange fellow, not the Antichrist. You would like the world to be a simple battle of good vs. evil, but I'm sorry to inform you, that's not how the universe works.

Sandman33
06-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Lots of people were interested Crowley, as he was a very strange fellow, not the Antichrist. You would like the world to be a simple battle of good vs. evil, but I'm sorry to inform you, that's not how the universe works.

I never said he was the antichrist. Not even close. Nor have I claimed a simple battle.

I'ts kinda like cancer. At some point cutting out the bad may kill the host.

satchelmcqueen
06-07-2009, 04:59 PM

well, its more of the fact that relying on a tele all the time and then not even being able to speak without it, to me is a sign of being fake and a puppet.

at least in pauls videos, he can speak in a real way and from his own knowledge and it really shows. that is what made me notice him in a big way back in early 07 at the first debate. ron paul is real, obama is fake.

satchelmcqueen
06-07-2009, 05:04 PM
and another point since i brought up paul...he gets labled as a bad speaker, and i do agree with that some times, but at least he is speaking from his own mind and not what some one on his staff wrote for him.

obama all through the election cycle was labled a very well rounded and great speaker, but now we see him in moments when the teleprompter is down, and hes 1000 times worse than paul could ever be.

i find that iRONic. i-RON(paul)-ic