PDA

View Full Version : Reagan foreign policy

aji
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I need some help. There was a Ron Paul video where Ron paul stated Ron Reagan admitted mistakes in his foreign policy.

Can someone provide me the link?

axiomata
06-04-2009, 03:30 PM
RP summarized a quote from Reagan's biography regarding the irrationality of mideast politics in one of the debates. There's videos out there of it.

The actual quote from Reagan's biography is:

"Perhaps we didn't appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the Marines' safety that it should have. In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believed the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 Marines would be alive today."

Objectivist
06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
You can start here.....
http://www.youtube.com/user/RonPaul2008dotcom

I'll look around to see what I can find.