PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Anyone interested in setting up a social networking site for Liberty?

newbitech
06-04-2009, 12:25 PM
I found a really kick as piece of free software and I'd love to work on setting up a social networking site for people who have proven to be monetary donors to the cause.

An exclusive site just for people who have put their money where their mouth is.

Here is a basic install link so you can see what come for FREE.

sagatrader.com/dolphin

haaaylee
06-04-2009, 12:52 PM
cody willard has http://spokeup.com -- since he shares our views i think we should all just take part in that.

newbitech
06-04-2009, 01:06 PM
cody willard has [/URL][URL]http://spokeup.com (http://spokeup.com) -- since he shares our views i think we should all just take part in that.

eesh, not to dis the content, but that site looks like crap!

I'm gonna go ahead and sign up and see what the social features look like.

edit: ok not impressed. if I was just surfing around, even if I did like the comment very very much, I'd find it hard to make this site somewhere that I'd spend time networking.

JasonC
06-04-2009, 01:35 PM
www.breakthematrix.com

haaaylee
06-04-2009, 01:49 PM
eesh, not to dis the content, but that site looks like crap!

I'm gonna go ahead and sign up and see what the social features look like.

edit: ok not impressed. if I was just surfing around, even if I did like the comment very very much, I'd find it hard to make this site somewhere that I'd spend time networking.

he is taking suggestions, i even emailed him back about the design being pretty bad. it is something he is working on if you want to give him feedback he is all about that.

newbitech
06-04-2009, 01:54 PM
www.breakthematrix.com (http://www.breakthematrix.com)

I like BTM, but its purpose is to create a media presence. This would be a great partner sight.

Thanks for the links, I am already a member there.

My specific question was if anyone was interested in making a social network for paid contributors to the Liberty cause.

I am talking about an exclusive private network of people who have proven to put up money for the campaigns, candidates, and causes that are moving us forward.

Anyone interested?

newbitech
06-04-2009, 01:55 PM
he is taking suggestions, i even emailed him back about the design being pretty bad. it is something he is working on if you want to give him feedback he is all about that.

I posted a shout on the wire.

I am more interested in creating a grassroots type community that is low profile and exclusive for the people who have proven to put money (or time) into campaigns, causes, and candidates.

BtM is a start up media company. Cody W. works for FOX NEWS!

JasonC
06-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I just don't see the point. We already have social networking sites.

BTM is also for social networking.

haaaylee
06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
I posted a shout on the wire.

I am more interested in creating a grassroots type community that is low profile and exclusive for the people who have proven to put money (or time) into campaigns, causes, and candidates.

BtM is a start up media company. Cody W. works for FOX NEWS!

Don't knock him just cos he works for fox, he is a pretty legit person. I don't think we need more social networking sites, just infiltrate the current ones and spread the message.

newbitech
06-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I just don't see the point. We already have social networking sites.

BTM is also for social networking.

most of the sites we have are pretty much open to the public and seemed to be designed for the purpose of spreading a message to people who are clueless about whats going on.

I am talking about setting up a social network for people who are donating, running campaigns, and organizing political action.

I don't see that in those 2 sites mentioned.

Also, features, I want features! Like TUBES! and A/V chat!

dr. hfn
06-04-2009, 04:56 PM
i inspired by your vision and enthusiasm, but i think we have enough already. One thing we must avoid in this Freedom Movement is becoming so centered/concentrated online that we become paralyzed in the real world. We already have Break the Matrix, Campaign for Liberty, Spokeup, Bureaucrash, RonPaulForums, ReTeaParty, etc...

RonPaulVolunteer
06-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I have put in my fair share of money no doubt, but others have done greater things than spend money, and I would not like to see them excluded.

newbitech
06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
during the revolution, exclusive clubs were formed and met in bars and taverns to discuss strategy and ways to resist the crown.

we don't have that now. we don't have a core that is planning and working together. no one who has done great things for this movement has done so without a monetary cost.

if you want to join the club, you need to make the sacrifice, and that means you spend money. we might have a good number of sites, but the quality is what I am looking for. Quality comes at a cost, this is why I would stipulate proof that money was spent. In the form of cash, time, or some sacrifice.

I see people aren't interested in making an exclusive site for the hardcore supporters who have proven themselves. I am disheartened. It seems like quantity over quality wins again.

dr. hfn
06-05-2009, 03:17 PM
The market is flooded with liberty sites, more is not the answer. why don't you lend your hand improving the ones that exist?