PDA

View Full Version : Balls of steel: somone breaks into police evidence room

disorderlyvision
06-04-2009, 07:46 AM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19636207/detail.html

HENRY COUNTY, Ga. -- Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents were at the McDonough Police Department all day Tuesday -- trying to determine who broke in to the building.

Investigators said someone pried open a window at the police department and then pried open the door to the evidence room. Once inside, the person tampered with evidence and they may have taken something, officials said.

Officers said they will not know exactly what was taken until they complete an audit.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones went to the police department Tuesday while GBI agents were on the scene gathering evidence.

McDonough Police Chief Preston Dorsey told Jones he didn't think it was an inside job, but the person was familiar with the building because he knew where the un-marked evidence room was.

"I (have) been in this business for about 25 years and I think this is the first time I've ever heard of a police department being broken into," said Dorsey.

The crime has some residents astonished.

"Oh my God. That is crazy," said resident Aniya Williams.

"That's just completely and totally nuts," said business owner Scott Evans.

Officers said they are checking surveillance cameras from surrounding businesses to see if their cameras caught the person on tape. Agents said they are also interviewing staff members.

The McDonough Police Department closes its administrative side at 5 p.m. Dorsey said officers to come in and out after 5 p.m. to write reports or to interview people. For the most part, though, the building remains empty after hours.

"It appears they came and hid behind these bushes and pried that lock open or that window," said Dorsey.

When Jones asked Dorsey why someone would want to break in to the evidence room, he said he didn't know but would find out.

acptulsa
06-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Somewhere in Georgia, there's some evidence getting smoked. But they'll find the culprit. They know the perpetrator will have the munchies soon, so they're staking out all the donut shops.

sailor
06-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Somewhere in Georgia, there's some evidence getting smoked. But they'll find the culprit. They know the perpetrator will have the munchies soon, so they're staking out all the donut shops.

I agree. The perp was likely a copper himself.

I`ve seen it all in The Shield TV series.

FindLiberty
06-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Probably a cop.

Good - 30% was probably drug / peaceful non-violent related?

It soves that nagging, ever-expanding evidence storage problem - now throw all that stuff out, start over and just violate the prosecutors.

Aratus
06-04-2009, 09:06 AM
if its not the pot, what did they want? this is highly curious & unique in a way!

specsaregood
06-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I agree. The perp was likely a copper himself.
I`ve seen it all in The Shield TV series.

Exactly what I was thinking. Straight out of "The Shield" tv series.

ladyjade3
06-04-2009, 09:29 AM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19636207/detail.html

When Jones asked Dorsey why someone would want to break in to the evidence room, he said he didn't know but would find out.

Dur... gee... I don't know. :rolleyes::p