PDA

View Full Version : Important ASAP[U.S. Congress] Water Bill Would Threaten Property Rights

REDNECK WOMAN
06-04-2009, 12:16 AM
[U.S. Congress] Water Bill Would Threaten Property Rights

Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) introduced S. 787 on April 2, 2009. The bill, known as the Clean Water Restoration Act, would redefine the government’s control over water. The bill is currently in the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works and already carries 24 cosponsors.

Among other things, S. 787 would amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (enacted in 1972) by striking the term “navigable waters” from the bill and replacing it with “waters of the United States.”

What does that mean to you? Simply put, it would federalize basically every water deposit within the United States and place restrictions on landowners.

The John Birch Society opposes this bill because it would federalize virtually every water deposit in the nation and therefore threaten both private property rights and states' rights.

For the complete text of S. 787, click here.

For an online video about this legislation, click here.

For more information on S. 787, click here.

Compose Your Message

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO THIS LINK www.jbs,org CLICK ON LINK ( ACTIONS ) THEN A DROP DOWN AND GO TO LEGISLATIVE ACTION. THE LETTERS ARE FREE PLEASE LET ALL YOUR FRIENDS KNOW.

Here's part of what I wrote to them below

I urge you to oppose the passage of S. 787. This so-called “Clean Water Restoration Act” would federalize the waters of the United States and threaten both private property rights and states' rights.

Please vote against this bill, which would revise the Federal Water Pollution Control Act of 1972, if it comes up for a Congressional vote.

What are y'all doing up there? now you are take control of wells and not going to pay for them? I paid for that well!!! and found the water!!are you going to pay me for what I paid for the well? are you going to replace it if it goes dry? Are you willing to pay my house payment that I make every month? This is water that God gave us and it shouldn't cost one red cent to have it!! Y'all are sick up there drinking too much koolaid!!! to think of something like this. Y'all are just looking to get more taxes anyway you can. You are robbing the people blind and I tell you what we the people are sick of all the BS, that we are keeping close eye on how you vote because I can promise you this you will be voted out next election if y'all keep passing BS like this.

Sandman33
06-04-2009, 01:55 AM
I say let them TRY to take it....