View Full Version : NJ primary: "Moderates win again"

max
06-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Christie 55%
Lonegan 42%

a victory for liberal Republicans....Northeast is so pathetic

Brassmouth
06-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Lonegan put "conservative Republican" on his campaign signs.

Instant fail in Jersey.

Johnnybags
06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
will not serve the union hacks that run the northeast and force you to pay ever more in taxes. All the big union states are going belly up and a teacher or other public trough servant will vote for taxes and inflation every time.

Valli6
06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
At the same time, Mike Doherty won for state Senate - against incumbent Marcia Karrow - and Ron Paul endorsed Doherty!
"Doherty was the only member of the New Jersey legislature (and perhaps the only elected official in the state) to endorse Paul for president." http://www.politickernj.com/matt-friedman/29796/ron-paul-endorses-doherty
Doherty's opponent even tried to use his support of Ron Paul against him, saying he was for "Surrender in Iraq", despite the fact that he's veteran with 3 sons in the military (1 son just back from Iraq, another son set to be deployed there)
http://www.politickernj.com/lonegan-governor/30014/christie-ticket-picks-memorial-day-smear-army-veteran-three-sons-uniform

specsaregood
06-03-2009, 08:33 AM
//

FSP-Rebel
06-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Doherty's opponent even tried to use his support of Ron Paul against him, saying he was for "Surrender in Iraq", despite the fact that he's veteran with 3 sons in the military (1 son just back from Iraq, another son set to be deployed there)
http://www.politickernj.com/lonegan-governor/30014/christie-ticket-picks-memorial-day-smear-army-veteran-three-sons-uniform
That's pathetic since this is only a state election. So, if I run for city council as an RP guy am I going to get the same treatment?:rolleyes: Those neos never cease to amaze me and their tactics are right from the bottom of the barrel.

Chieppa1
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
We are doomed in NJ

FSP-Rebel
06-03-2009, 09:10 AM
We are doomed in NJ
Come on up to NH, it's only a short move. We have jobs, lower taxes, no seatbelt law:p and the ball is starting to run with this Free State Project thing. Check us out this summer at our annual summer showcase http://www.freestateproject.org/festival JUne 25th-28th. We'd love to have y'all.

dr. hfn
06-03-2009, 01:30 PM
and the gop continues to die...

kahless
06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
We get some coverage from that race here in NY. I do not know much about Christie other than his victory speech and his commercials which sounded solidly Conservative (i.e cutting programs, taxes and spending).

What areas is he liberal? Is his victory speech-campaign commercials all BS - not reflective of his prior record?

Chieppa1
06-03-2009, 02:43 PM
We get some coverage from that race here in NY. I do not know much about Christie other than his victory speech and his commercials which sounded solidly Conservative (i.e cutting programs, taxes and spending).

What areas is he liberal? Is his victory speech-campaign commercials all BS - not reflective of his prior record?

He is completely moderate. He was asked about 1000 times What his plan for cutting taxes would be, but he had no plan. He also spent the last weeks of the campaign pandering to illegal immigrant groups.

Lonegan wanted a 2.9% flat tax. A totally switch from the progressive tax scam that Corzine has in place, and which Christie was not opposed publicly. Christie that attacked Lonegan, saying the flat tax would "raise taxes of 70% of NJ taxpayers". Which is false. Since the 70% he was talking about are the welfare and unemployment, state-dependent liberals who pay ZERO into the system they live off of.

Now, I'm not for raising anyones taxes, but when you live in a state that exports buinesses and wealth, and imports illegals and poverty....cutting income tax, property tax and shrinking government by 40% sound like a huge step in the right direction.

I am ashamed of the Republicans in NJ today. But what do I expect from some of the least informed voters in the country.

kahless
06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
He is completely moderate. He was asked about 1000 times What his plan for cutting taxes would be, but he had no plan. He also spent the last weeks of the campaign pandering to illegal immigrant groups.

Lonegan wanted a 2.9% flat tax. A totally switch from the progressive tax scam that Corzine has in place, and which Christie was not opposed publicly. Christie that attacked Lonegan, saying the flat tax would "raise taxes of 70% of NJ taxpayers". Which is false. Since the 70% he was talking about are the welfare and unemployment, state-dependent liberals who pay ZERO into the system they live off of.

Now, I'm not for raising anyones taxes, but when you live in a state that exports buinesses and wealth, and imports illegals and poverty....cutting income tax, property tax and shrinking government by 40% sound like a huge step in the right direction.

I am ashamed of the Republicans in NJ today. But what do I expect from some of the least informed voters in the country.

Seems like this is a perfect example of Republicans co-opting our message to get elected and it worked. I suspect the voters were like me and only heard the commericials that portrayed Christie as a fiscal Conservative.

Chieppa1
06-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Seems like this is a perfect example of Republicans co-opting our message to get elected and it worked. I suspect the voters were like me and only heard the commericials that portrayed Christie as a fiscal Conservative.

Yup. And I blame the voters on this one.

Imperial
06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Vote Kaplan governor now.

We didn't do bad in NJ. Doherty won of course against an incumbent, and in his former assembly district we lost by very few votes with our candidate. A liberty incumbent in another assembly district won.

I think the key is we are now a constituency.

Chieppa1
06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Vote Kaplan governor now.

We didn't do bad in NJ. Doherty won of course against an incumbent, and in his former assembly district we lost by very few votes with our candidate. A liberty incumbent in another assembly district won.

I think the key is we are now a constituency.

Kaplan? link to info?

zinger
06-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Kaplan is just getting his campaign going. A rudimentary website is at www.kaplanforgovernor.com
A more professional site is being readied, and an ambitious campaign is planned. He is very serious about cutting the size of government, reducing taxes, and restoring liberty.

Chieppa1
06-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Kaplan is just getting his campaign going. A rudimentary website is at www.kaplanforgovernor.com
A more professional site is being readied, and an ambitious campaign is planned. He is very serious about cutting the size of government, reducing taxes, and restoring liberty.

That's sweet. Honestly. If this Kaplan could get his/her message out to the Lonegan voters of NJ, he/she might have a chance to make a splash. The LP campaign should really try to get in touch with the Lonegan grassroots effort. They are very organized and still in full campaign mood.

Chieppa1
06-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Actually, this is the E-mail I just sent to the whole Lonegan mailing list I have:

http://www.kaplanforgovernor.com/

We have a hungry fiscal Conservative movement going on this area of NJ. I feel that we can not waste it with apathy or a "Anyone but Corzine attitude. We are an organized, well-oiled, campaign and movement. Why not try to contact and get beyond the Libertarian Party candidate for Governor? True Conservatism can not be found in the NJ Republican Party anymore.

Think about it.

Marc from Independence.